• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw 320d E46 Market

Lahiruwan

Hi

I am interested in getting a 2001 BMW 320d which had been put up for sale. Its a 2001 model with the facelift. Has a lot of options including a 16:9 TV. Manual with 16" alloys and is green in colour. Has done 18000 miles. Seems to be in very good condition. The owner is asking for 6.5 million. Did some research and most seem to suggest that 6.5 is too much.

What do you guys think? What price should I offer?

Thanks

Hi

I am interested in getting a 2001 BMW 320d which had been put up for sale. Its a 2001 model with the facelift. Has a lot of options including a 16:9 TV. Manual with 16" alloys and is green in colour. Has done 18000 miles. Seems to be in very good condition. The owner is asking for 6.5 million. Did some research and most seem to suggest that 6.5 is too much.

Thanks

Just 18000 miles? :blink:

Hi

Thanks

At 6.5 it's definitely a NO! And another thing is that the face lift cars were 2002 and upwards. Also people try to market cars as low mileage... but when it comes to bimmers it's a negative sign. If this car is a 2001 then it has run only 18000 mile for 7 years. These cars, specially bimmers are meant to be driven and the more they sit in the garage more problems they are gonna develop.

Do you have specific details of the car? Registration number for example? I can narrow the price range with that. But price range for a facelift 320d is around 5-5.5 Mil. Also I know a lot of cars around because I sold mine last year. And the trouble I went through to sell it....phew...

Edited by madmax

I too believe 6.5 is way too much. a close friend of mine has been hunting for one and I’ve been helping him out. even posted the very same question here few weeks ago. came across a 2003 one for 6mil.

Max how much will an english number, pre facelift, petrol, auto tranny cost? I believe they are a very rare breed in SL, correct?

I too believe 6.5 is way too much. a close friend of mine has been hunting for one and I’ve been helping him out. even posted the very same question here few weeks ago. came across a 2003 one for 6mil.

Max how much will an english number, pre facelift, petrol, auto tranny cost? I believe they are a very rare breed in SL, correct?

Its a post facelift, Manual Diesel with sunroof and leathers. The fellow agreed for 5.5 million. I think still to much. What do you think?

@xXx

Did you get the 2003? If not can I get the contacts? Pl PM me...

Thanks

Oh is that the question I missed? Yeah Auto trannys were a bit rare I'm guessing around 4 mil....

At 6.5 it's definitely a NO! And another thing is that the face lift cars were 2002 and upwards. Also people try to market cars as low mileage... but when it comes to bimmers it's a negative sign. If this car is a 2001 then it has run only 18000 mile for 7 years. These cars, specially bimmers are meant to be driven and the more they sit in the garage more problems they are gonna develop.

Do you have specific details of the car? Registration number for example? I can narrow the price range with that. But price range for a facelift 320d is around 5-5.5 Mil. Also I know a lot of cars around because I sold mine last year. And the trouble I went through to sell it....phew...

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The Reg Number is GN -1200 series. He says its 2002 but the seat belt states 2001. The face is the facelifted version. Car looks to be in mint condition with a Harman Kardon audio system with a 16:9 screen and television. He has fitted a reverse camera also. The wheels are 16" (I thought the original came with either 15" or 17"). The colour is greenish with yellowish colour leather interior and wood finish.

I heard there is a tendency for the diesel pump to give up at about 45k miles? Any truth in that?

He has now agreed for 5.55 million but I still think its a bit too much. What do you think?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The Reg Number is GN -1200 series. He says its 2002 but the seat belt states 2001. The face is the facelifted version. Car looks to be in mint condition with a Harman Kardon audio system with a 16:9 screen and television. He has fitted a reverse camera also. The wheels are 16" (I thought the original came with either 15" or 17"). The colour is greenish with yellowish colour leather interior and wood finish.

I heard there is a tendency for the diesel pump to give up at about 45k miles? Any truth in that?

He has now agreed for 5.55 million but I still think its a bit too much. What do you think?

Thanks

Most facelift cars were H number plates and after, so this sounds a little strange. Also the face lift cars came with the common rail engine. People say all sorts of things about the diesel pump. But this 45k story applies to pre-facelift cars without the common rail engine. Then there's the belief that the common rail engine is good for only 100K miles!

Check the engine to see if it's common rail or not. The pre-face lift came with original 15" wheels and the face lift came with 16" due to larger front brake disks.

Considering the number plate is old I don't think even 5.5 is worth offering. Sri lankan market is such that, people will devalue this car due to the old plate and you will have a tough time selling it one day.

Edited by madmax

Most facelift cars were H number plates and after, so this sounds a little strange. Also the face lift cars came with the common rail engine. People say all sorts of things about the diesel pump. But this 45k story applies to pre-facelift cars without the common rail engine. Then there's the belief that the common rail engine is good for only 100K miles!

Check the engine to see if it's common rail or not. The pre-face lift came with original 15" wheels and the face lift came with 16" due to larger front brake disks.

Considering the number plate is old I don't think even 5.5 is worth offering. Sri lankan market is such that, people will devalue this car due to the old plate and you will have a tough time selling it one day.

Yes I also thought that the facelifted cars were a bit newer than this. However. I will look at the registration book to make sure. I will check the car out again. The wheels are 16" and they seem to be the original. Is it possible to change the mileage of the car easily in Sri Lanka?

What was the car you sold and how much did you manage to get for it in the end?

Thank you for the info.

Hi,

What do you'll thing of the market for a pre face lift, 2000, e46 320D 65- low genuine mileage of 21k, all service records available, one owner would be.

Re, Fuel pump story its a self lubricating pump, so if you don't use for long intervals it tends to pack up early.

thanks

Tikiri

@xXx

Did you get the 2003? If not can I get the contacts? Pl PM me...

Thanks

nope i was mainly after a petrol auto. i think the PM function is dissabled plus i do not have the contact details now this was about a month back

Oh is that the question I missed? Yeah Auto trannys were a bit rare I'm guessing around 4 mil....

4mil? must be the only instance where a petrol variant of a car is more expensive than the diesel variant here in SL huh?

What do you'll thing of the market for a pre face lift, 2000, e46 320D 65- low genuine mileage of 21k, all service records available, one owner would be.

i would say between 3 - 3.5mil do not go over 3.5mil. can get an english number easily for 3.5 use the YOM as leverage to knock down the price

i have seen some older e46's getting facelifts done. saw a black one for sale which had a facelift done and was selling in the 4 - 4.5 mil range. this was about 6 months back.

wow that’s disturbing news. how do they actually do it? replacing the front lights alone wont be sufficient will it?

OMG this guy actually brought down the price by 1mil??????????? shows just how crazy SL car market is and proves the point i made regarding this in a different thread.

did any of you boys read the financial investment survey in sunday time FT? one of the participants actually suggested buying knows jap brand vehicles as investments and i can understand why he said such a thing. what has this country come to.......

how do they actually do it? replacing the front lights alone wont be sufficient will it?

Need to replace the front bonnet, grill and front fenders. Apart that the rear quarter panels and trunk lid are different too. But I don't think anybody goes to the length to replace those.

I believe the mileage is genuine. Because I know a lot cars that are very rarely run.

Edited by madmax

What was the car you sold and how much did you manage to get for it in the end?

Thank you for the info.

2003, Manual had about 40k on the clock. Got 5.3 for it after a hectic time in July 2007.

s7883131441459906173nb8.jpg

Edited by madmax

2003, Manual had about 40k on the clock. Got 5.3 for it after a hectic time in July 2007.

Sounds like a bargain now doesn’t it? specially for a AC Schnitzer. Was that the market price back then or were you in a hurry to flog it off?

I remember checking out a GC- number 320D fully loaded minus the sunroof back in 2004. Was only quoted a mere 2.8mil same car with four more years of depreciation now cost about 3.5mil, 25% return on the (ahem) ‘investment’ not bad at all (cost of maintenance can be easily offset by the pleasure of owning and driving the machine).

s7883131441459906173nb8.jpg

in my opinion this is the best E46 in sri lanka now!! only option missin was leather seat i recall! but back in '04/05 i tink d price we were quoted was arnd 4.5! i gues 5.3 now wud hav been a worthy price! whoever owns it now is a lucky guy!

Sounds like a bargain now doesn’t it? specially for a AC Schnitzer. Was that the market price back then or were you in a hurry to flog it off?

I remember checking out a GC- number 320D fully loaded minus the sunroof back in 2004. Was only quoted a mere 2.8mil same car with four more years of depreciation now cost about 3.5mil, 25% return on the (ahem) ‘investment’ not bad at all (cost of maintenance can be easily offset by the pleasure of owning and driving the machine).

xXx, do you live in SL at the moment ?