• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Price Check

xXx

I meant the Sunbeam Talbot with a soft top which came in CN series during the 'infamous' or 'famous' CFA I went on a trip to Jaffna and saw a very immaculate CN series Sunbeam Talbot (soft top) in superb condition,got to know that it was being used by an expatriate there who had brought by road from colombo for his day to day use!!!

also any idea about the price of an E93 Ford Prefect (CN -EN series)

As for Triumph Heralds there were 2 good cars which were ruined by the same owner in a landside lane near St Marys Church in Dehiwela just a few years back one was a 3 sRI coupe model in red color and the other was a Herald 1200CC 5 SRi model (perhaps the only one in Sri Lanka) both were in running conditon and and then left to neglect and rot as I heard the owner a business man was near bankruptcy! such shame about the car and once when I went near his house I also saw a another rotting dark blue Herald inside!

btw GTAm you seem quite familiar with all these old gems,do you own any?

Prices for classics are highly condition sensitive. IMO these are the ranges you should be looking at depending on how good bad or ugly they are. Of course some of them are crazy prices that I'll never pay :P .

Morris 8 (1940's era) - 75,000 - 600,000

Triumph Herald (1960-1970) - 50,000 - 250,000 for a saloon, 150k - 350k for a coupe...... Soft top is very rare.

Triumph Spitfire - 1.2m - 2m

Austin Healey Sprite - 650k - 1.5m

Austin A40 - below 150k

Sunbeam Talbot - which model??