• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New F1 Car Designs

MasterDon

02oschnacht2ua9.jpgf109carp2as7.jpg

Barely a fortnight has passed since the championship thriller in Brazil and the world of Formula One has already begun to prepare for the next season.

But while exhausted late risers amongst the F1 fan base are still rubbing the sleep out of their eyes, others have already pinched themselves to make sure they are not dreaming: the new racing cars really do look different from before!

On Day One of testing in Barcelona, BMW Sauber showed off for the first time the new aerodynamic look designed to comply with the regulations for 2009. The fans were stunned by what they saw: an angular, edgy double-decker front wing, a high, box-shaped rear wing looking a bit like a toy, and somewhere in between, invisible to the bystander, is the new KERS energy recovery system.

But to return to the external features, the new front wing with its broad nose and box-like format is vaguely reminiscent of the 2004 Williams BMW, known in the trade as the 'hammerhead' (see below). What other surprises can we expect to see in 2009?

p0014720wu7.jpg

Source-AUTOBLOG

Edited by HelRazor

Check out www.motorsport.com for the new-generation F1 cars. They look nasty, but I won't complain if it improves the racing. These past couple of years I thought the racing was pretty good, but if these ugly pieces (vaguely reminiscent of early aero-cars from the '70s) improve the on-track action, then I'm all for it.

It's a sad farewell to the McLaren and the STR of the last few years, two of the best looking cars in the history of F1 IMHO.

The slicks look great though. :)

um devinda,what is this car?

i honestly hadn't heard about it or see it till i stumbled onto it whilst looking for images of the Tyrell!

i think its called the March 2 -6 - 0 or something :unsure:

was hoping some of the true F1 afficianados would comment on it... KLM , GTAm ?

• 2 months later...

Street-legal open-wheeled limousine aims for 300mph

Source - Dvice.com

eqtcnb.jpg

You thought Obama's new Cadillac presidential limo/tank was outrageous? This crazy open-wheel Formula 1-style vehicle carries six white-knuckled passengers to their destinations, pronto. Its designer-builder Michael Pettipas hopes it'll zip along at an astonishing 300mph.

Street-legal open-wheeled limousine aims for 300mph

Source - Dvice.com

eqtcnb.jpg

You thought Obama's new Cadillac presidential limo/tank was outrageous? This crazy open-wheel Formula 1-style vehicle carries six white-knuckled passengers to their destinations, pronto. Its designer-builder Michael Pettipas hopes it'll zip along at an astonishing 300mph.

300 mph?? geese. Imagine the force of the wind on your head. You'll just be pinned to the seat.