• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine & Atf Oil Changing...!!!

Rox

Question

I'm driving a Nissan Pulsar CJ1 and when I bought the vehicle, previous owner asked me to use Ceypetco engine oil. However, when I went to the service station for my first service, they had only Havoline oil and I had to use that oil in the car. (I have used the same in my previous car for a long time and did not recognized any thing going wrong but it can use for even 4000 - 5000 km.)

For the second service, I went to Kleen Park and as they use only Ceypetco & Mobil (thats wht they told me) I had to use Ceypetco oil (Mobil was not available at that time.

In the next service at the same place I had to use Mobil as at that time Ceypetco oil was not available with them.

However, a friend of mine told me that it is not good to use different kinds without flushing the system (don't know whether Kleen Park do that....).

Btw, I did the ATF oil change @ A*W with BP oil and even they don't do a flushing of the system.

So, is there an effect of using different brands of lub oils (Engine & ATF) on a vehicle time to time......... OR using synthetic and mineral oil time to time....

3 answers to this question

as for the Engine oils, there is myth (as i have been told by Evilmak) that changing Engine Oils is not gonna do any good for the engine -

well may be this applies to the Racing / Performance vehicles. but anyways its a myth..so if anyone have tried changing the oil they used to have they can share their experience :)

--------------

As for the ATF - there has been a separate thread, which i too have to read on

--------------

But again for the engine oils, have tried different ones in dads Carina - due to few changes in the products service personal had..anyways have never given any noticeable issues as for yet, but we have planned to use the Toyota Oil from the next service onwards :)

Edited by Kim

as for the Engine oils, there is myth (as i have been told by Evilmak) that changing Engine Oils is not gonna do any good on the engine -

well may be this applies to the Racing / Performance vehicles. but anyways its a myth..so if anyone have tried changing the oil they used to have they can share their experience :)

Kim - no I didnt say that! If you can change engine oil everyday, longer the life of your engine will be!! BUT what I said was "changing the oil to a DIFFERENT BRAND/TYPE for no particular reason should be avoided" e

Kim - no I didnt say that! If you can change engine oil everyday, longer the life of your engine will be!! BUT what I said was "changing the oil to a DIFFERENT BRAND/TYPE for no particular reason should be avoided" e

hio :P that's what i meant by 'changing the engine oil"s" - may be you didn't have enough time to read the first post of the questioner..if you had gone through the 1st post, then you would have known the link, and wouldn't have misunderstood - what i was trying to say.

Engine Oil - 1 Oil

Engine Oil"s" - Several Oils

Edited by Kim