• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Your Participation For The Drag Scene

charitha19

Participation  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Participation

• I will be There on the 18th at marine drive
    • Sorry i cant make it

Hey guys,

well i still couldnt find a blue subaru which is pimped up cosmetically that is.. thanks for all the replies in my ealier request for a subaru..

this time i really need all of you to come and create the atmosphere for the drag shoot.. the scene will be of course staged..

what i need is all AL members and friends to come with thier rides on the 18th of december to marine drive... the cops will not touch anyone... offical permission has been taken :jumping-smiley-013::jumping-smiley-013::rolleyes:

and guys we can do what ever we want after the shooting is over for the drama.... :angry-smiley-048: plus i am going to regret saying this again but i have to, since this grabbed all of ur attention last time.. the lead actress will also be there... :rolleyes:

u know who it is already...

so guys please please say "YES" AnD SHOW UP... :alc::alc: FOOD AND BEVERAGES WILL BE PROVIDED APPRENTLY... :unsure:

AND I need abosulte confirmation so please cast ur acceptance as well.. i hope MADZ u are ok with this.. i need this desperatly.. :mellow: plus u are of course invited....

we can all have a blast as the road will be closed as well.... :alc: Call me for any clarifications 0777335057

Edited by charitha19

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

well i still couldnt find a blue subaru which is pimped up cosmetically that is.. thanks for all the replies in my ealier request for a subaru..

this time i really need all of you to come and create the atmosphere for the drag shoot.. the scene will be of course staged..

what i need is all AL members and friends to come with thier rides on the 18th of december to marine drive... the cops will not touch anyone... offical permission has been taken :jumping-smiley-013::jumping-smiley-013::rolleyes:

and guys we can do what ever we want after the shooting is over for the drama.... :angry-smiley-048: plus i am going to regret saying this again but i have to, since this grabbed all of ur attention last time.. the lead actress will also be there... :rolleyes:

so guys please please say "YES" AnD SHOW UP... :alc::alc: FOOD AND BEVERAGES WILL BE PROVIDED APPRENTLY... :unsure:

AND I need abosulte confirmation so please cast ur acceptance as well.. i hope MADZ u are ok with this.. i need this desperatly.. :mellow: plus u are of course invited....

we can all have a blast as the road will be closed as well.... :alc:

Dude, I'm not in SL and thus not likely to be a participant,

But on behalf of AL membership I felt compelled to point this out ........

As I understand it this is a shoot for a paid commercial. But I do not see mention of remuneration for the time spent, fuel, cost of detailing of members who show up with their vehicles. The only incentive offered seems to be the ability to tear down green path, and meet a certain accent. Now I am sure for some this will be more than enough incentive,

But what I wanted to ask you is isn't this a bit unfair ? The producers are obviously getting paid for the shoot, so why do people who participate be asked to do it for charity ?

If it was for a charitable purpose it would be a completely different matter and I'm sure many would oblige on that premise.

Nothing personal against you Charitha, but its just the principle of the matter

In little while im leavn USA, so on Sunday ill be back in CMB, Anyway I think this Drag thngs shoud do after christmas cus thesedays everone are bit busy, i dnt thnk i will be able to come on 18th cus it will take bit more time to fix santas gifts to my scooby

Edited by GihanFX

Dude, I'm not in SL and thus not likely to be a participant,

But on behalf of AL membership I felt compelled to point this out ........

As I understand it this is a shoot for a paid commercial. But I do not see mention of remuneration for the time spent, fuel, cost of detailing of members who show up with their vehicles. The only incentive offered seems to be the ability to tear down green path, and meet a certain accent. Now I am sure for some this will be more than enough incentive,

But what I wanted to ask you is isn't this a bit unfair ? The producers are obviously getting paid for the shoot, so why do people who participate be asked to do it for charity ?

If it was for a charitable purpose it would be a completely different matter and I'm sure many would oblige on that premise.

Nothing personal against you Charitha, but its just the principle of the matter

point taken.. its just that he was counting on me to get some cars for the scene... thats all.. whatever said and done i would have done it..

Hey guys,

we can all have a blast as the road will be closed as well.... :alc: Call me for any clarifications 0777335057

at what time?

In little while im leavn USA, so on Sunday ill be back in CMB, Anyway I think this Drag thngs shoud do after christmas cus thesedays everone are bit busy, i dnt thnk i will be able to come on 18th cus it will take bit more time to fix santas gifts to my scooby

if u can try to make it love to see ya ride in more detail.. only seen in on the street..

guys thanks for the response so far.. so 4 has said that they could come.. i will confirm the time soon.. friends of friends can also come with thier rides.... guys who have said they can make it please give a call.. hope madz is ok with this...

guys i need at least ten cars to show up that day.. :unsure:

0777335057 charitha...

Edited by charitha19

as far as i knw no autolanka member is participating in drags neither Al encourage to promote drags on forums , so tell me is this a drag event or yo trying to gather members rides 4 a commercial purpuse..last time for 2 evnts street cars was taken n paid well. :angry-smiley-024:

Edited by RACERSEDGE

its not for commercial purporses or an officaly drag event.. the drama has a drag scene which is going to be staged and not actually run full on... as my cousin is doing the drama god forbid.. he just wanted a few cars to be parked for the atmosphere thats all...

the drag part is up to indivuduals to decided wheter they want to have some friendly runs as there will be permission given from cops.. thats the only incentive if that is one...

Well, if its late enough, I'll pop by with the camera. And car. Its our christmas carols at office and I have to cover that, so I won't be able to get out early as I have to take pics of that.

No running for me tho :) Just showing up for the movie scene shoot.

its not for commercial purporses or an officaly drag event.. the drama has a drag scene which is going to be staged and not actually run full on... as my cousin is doing the drama god forbid.. he just wanted a few cars to be parked for the atmosphere thats all...

the drag part is up to indivuduals to decided wheter they want to have some friendly runs as there will be permission given from cops.. thats the only incentive if that is one...

have they got official permission to run drag races on public roads from police and municipal council? or is the approval granted only for filming?

as far as I know, you have to get permission plus follow safety measures enforced by racing governing body as well.

otherwise, police will chase away dragsters once you finish filming.

if you have official permission, please post the letter here.

thanks.

Well, if its late enough, I'll pop by with the camera. And car. Its our christmas carols at office and I have to cover that, so I won't be able to get out early as I have to take pics of that.

No running for me tho :) Just showing up for the movie scene shoot.

hey thanks man no worries.. anyway no one will have to run.. if they do want to it will be by thier choice.. its a some fun running legally as there will be permission taken.. the shoot will happen on its own.. most proprbably cars will be parked along side for the shoot.. and two cars will be used for the scene and other will just create the atmosphre...

Guys 5 of you have said you can make it.. as of now its at 7.00 PM in marine drive.,.

can u guys please give me ur contact details so that i can get a confirmation..

so please guys give me a call those who have confirmed on the poll that they are coming.. 777335057

Edited by charitha19

have they got official permission to run drag races on public roads from police and municipal council? or is the approval granted only for filming?

as far as I know, you have to get permission plus follow safety measures enforced by racing governing body as well.

otherwise, police will chase away dragsters once you finish filming.

if you have official permission, please post the letter here.

thanks.

well its like this.. he is a government offical as well..so u know how things work in SL if u are like that.. :rolleyes: but if u really need a letter i will try to get one and post it here..

he finally gave me a time its at 7.00PM sharp at marine drive...

Ah well, that might be a bit of a problem, coz I think it might be seven when I leave office. Still, will try. Close enough to home for it not to be an issue. Errr, where on Marine Drive anyway?

there will be camera crew and cars.. whats ut mobile mate.. will call ya..