• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I Guess Gummy Was Correct ( New Nissan Patrol )

Velocity

rear quarter seems to have much in common with the new Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series :mellow:

Me dont like the rear as well.

But still again front has that rugged look that you look for unlike in the newer SUV's. A bit of black on buffer would have done

Me dont like the rear as well.

But still again front has that rugged look that you look for unlike in the newer SUV's. A bit of black on buffer would have done

to me most these newer SUV's looks way to neat... too "city boy" or "metro" looking when compared to older gen vehicles....

very few truly "look" mean :)

anyway...just a personal pref :)

Hot Patrol

4l4u9j.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/18/video-s...-nissan-patrol/

We just told you about Nissan's next-gen Patrol SUV and the fact that it might be coming to North America. While rumors have the engine options including a first-ever V8 for the model, the big news is the diesel engine co-developed with Renault that's slated to put out 405 ft-lbs. of torque. While that sounds enticing, apparently that won't be good enough for a certain impatient Dubai businessman. He went to tuner HKS and had them turn up the wick a bit on a current-generation Patrol while he's waiting for the new one.

The result is more than 1,000 PS, or roughly 1,000 HP. And the best part is that the exterior remains mostly stock looking, though the giant hood scoop is admittedly a tipoff. We'd suggest tracking down some Pirelli Scorpions at least, though they're not likely to be as useful for track duty. Sure, a Bugatti Veyron might be more stylish and yes, it has about the same horsepower. Heck, it even has all-wheel drive, but it doesn't have nearly the ground clearance or the cargo room as this Patrol, so the decision was obvious. Apparently, this stealth bomber SUV was just featured in an issue of Option Magazine in Japan

anyone care to define what exactly "turning up the wick" entails when HKS is involved?? :huh:

& then there is also the matter of the 1000HP... :unsure:

the body mouldings are bearable but the hood scoop , from a purely aesthetic point is just a bit much imo...

and i cant understand why they are comparing it with the veyron either :unsure:

the body mouldings are bearable but the hood scoop , from a purely aesthetic point is just a bit much imo...

I don't quite like it. Looks like a whole lot of cheap plastic was hung on as an afterthought.

and i cant understand why they are comparing it with the veyron either :unsure:

Coz of the same 1000hp figure.