• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ssangyong Motors Applies Liquidatation!

VWvortex

Question

CHINESE-owned Ssangyong Motors of South Korea, which last month could not pay its workers on time, said on Friday it had applied for court receivership.

"The court will decide whether the company should be kept afloat or be liquidated,'' a company spokesman said.

Ssangyong has fallen into a financial crisis amid slow auto sales and a dearth of operating funds from its parent, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp.

The company expects a net loss of more than 100 billion won ($107 million) for last year due to a slump in demand.

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,27...9-31037,00.html

Wonder what will happen to our own Micro if Ssangyong is liquidated?

21 answers to this question

agree on the rexton.. but i prefer white... and the kyron isnt half bad in white either... sadly though the only way an actyon would look good is if it had an invisible paint...

yep,white does add a touch of "expensiveness" to it..while black gives it a mean look

LOL yeah the only thing uglier than the actyon is it's brother,the rodius MPV

agree on the rexton.. but i prefer white... and the kyron isnt half bad in white either... sadly though the only way an actyon would look good is if it had an invisible paint...

for me, out of the range rexton is the most acceptable. it still doesnt look modern and handsome as its competitors. if im going to have i want it in silver with big wheels and the red leather option :D

everything else looks a mess. i cant agree with you guys on the kyron cos its just unbalanced. its got too many creases on the side. the shoulder line would have been fine on its own. but try to visualise it without the 2nd crease below it. either they could do without it or they made it too deep and continued it too far back. thats the biggest design fault of the car. thank go they've given it new tail lamps. anyway with that that big ugly crease the door handles look really out of place. the new front bumper is quite decent though. they should have tried to be a bit more boring with the rest of the design, if they were to appeal everybody. but sadly they came out all tvr-ish.

apologies for giving anybody the impression that ssangyong makes good looking cars :lol:

Actually, thats not what I meant. I meant its too late, Micro already collaborates on Chinese cars. The Micro Trend is a copy of a Chinese car, and so it the MX-7 sedan.

I still haven't seen any MX7s on the road, despite it being on display on two car shows. I see more Geely's than MX-7s. Anyone seen an MX-7 on the road?

Oh, and Jadey, the Rexton in back with red leather is not too bad either. As long as you don't use a flash when taking pictures :P Madmax has got one.

Actually, thats not what I meant. I meant its too late, Micro already collaborates on Chinese cars. The Micro Trend is a copy of a Chinese car, and so it the MX-7 sedan.

I still haven't seen any MX7s on the road, despite it being on display on two car shows. I see more Geely's than MX-7s. Anyone seen an MX-7 on the road?

Oh, and Jadey, the Rexton in back with red leather is not too bad either. As long as you don't use a flash when taking pictures :P Madmax has got one.

i like the mx-7. looks pretty decent. reminds me of the chevy lacetti sedan, though im guessing its smaller. a very good attempt for a chinese car. and its not a complete joke. whoever runs micro has reasonable taste. i would certainly have one over an indian car.

i like the mx-7. looks pretty decent. reminds me of the chevy lacetti sedan, though im guessing its smaller. a very good attempt for a chinese car. and its not a complete joke. whoever runs micro has reasonable taste. i would certainly have one over an indian car.

I agree it looked pretty decent. The build on the first example I saw at a car show mid last year looked terrible tho. However, the one I saw in December looked a lot better. Still to get into it tho.

a bit OT

i've seen acouple of rexton's with faded interiors...both are not even a one year old....it looks mighty hideous with the dis-coloured seats..seemed like very poor build quality...

i think the leather is sourced from sl. i've seen that happen in leather converted interiors done in sl. i mean ssangyong does offer mad designs. but red leather sounds too mad for an oriental car manufacturer. so those are probably sl only options done in sl.

a bit OT

i've seen acouple of rexton's with faded interiors...both are not even a one year old....it looks mighty hideous with the dis-coloured seats..seemed like very poor build quality...

That I think is mostly because of the fact nobody uses a proper leather conditioner...

Saw the MX-7 at the workshop. The interior is terribly cheap looking. Overall quality seems poor and cheap. Saw one on the road...... serious negative camber on the rear wheels :blink: !!!!

for me, out of the range rexton is the most acceptable.

The original (pre-facelift) was designed by Ital Design many moons ago. But that's why it still is visually more balanced than the rest of the range..... which are inhouse madness!

The original (pre-facelift) was designed by Ital Design many moons ago. But that's why it still is visually more balanced than the rest of the range..... which are inhouse madness!

no wonder! what they should have done is use the flagship's styling cues on their scaled down offerings. i'm not sure if they turned to italdesign for the facelift. but it looks even better. not a big fan of the mock mercedes grille though. which im sure was an inhouse decision.