• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Eco Indicator

Sha7

Hi guys, I own a 2000 model, Nissan FB 15. Few days back I installed a security system of a favorite brand in my car. Soon after I notice that when I turn the key to ACC position green color “ECO” light comes up on my dashboard. Further this light comes up when I’m driving and it goes off when the car comes to a standstill by braking. And the light goes on again when the car moves. :action-smiley-060:

What can be the problem here?

Hi guys, I own a 2000 model, Nissan FB 15. Few days back I installed a security system of a favorite brand in my car. Soon after I notice that when I turn the key to ACC position green color “ECO” light comes up on my dashboard. Further this light comes up when I’m driving and it goes off when the car comes to a standstill by braking. And the light goes on again when the car moves. :action-smiley-060:

What can be the problem here?

Sounds everything OK to me. It's an indicator telling that you are driving Economically/Eco-friendly manner. Try to press the accelerator hard while driving & you'll observe the light go off telling you are consuming fuel unnecessarily.

Also note this light will appear only when the engine reached its operating temperature.

Sounds everything OK to me. It's an indicator telling that you are driving Economically/Eco-friendly manner. Try to press the accelerator hard while driving & you'll observe the light go off telling you are consuming fuel unnecessarily.

Also note this light will appear only when the engine reached its operating temperature.

maersk, thank you very much for the reply. But my problem is that i'm not sure whether my car is equipped with ECO technology or not. Because this indicator was not there until I fix the Security system in.

Also, if it is equipped with ECO, should it go out when I stop the car by braking?

Think there is no special technology in relation to this indicator, it is just to highlight that the vehicle is driven in a economical manner.

These may malfunction if the security system is not wired correctly. The eco indicator of a FB15 in our office never came up after a security system was installed.

Yesterday I tried to press the accelerator too hard suddenly and the light went off as Maersk told. :jumping-smiley-013:

According to details I found on the net ECO is not just an indicator. It should push back the pedal if driver put more pressure than necessary on the accelerator. I didn’t had enough freeway to test this yesterday. :angry-smiley-024:

Think there is no special technology in relation to this indicator, it is just to highlight that the vehicle is driven in a economical manner.

These may malfunction if the security system is not wired correctly. The eco indicator of a FB15 in our office never came up after a security system was installed.

I dont think all the FB15's have the eco indicator.

I saw a N16 with the ECO something on the back of it looked original....

Sha7, macho, where in the meter panel you get this indicator, never seen it in mine. Does it light up when the key is in ACC position and off when you start the engine?

maersk, thank you very much for the reply. But my problem is that i'm not sure whether my car is equipped with ECO technology or not. Because this indicator was not there until I fix the Security system in.

Also, if it is equipped with ECO, should it go out when I stop the car by braking?

I'm sure it is unless your engine is other than 'QG' series.

AFAIR this indicator goes off when the engine is idling. But I'm not sure while breaking.

Yesterday I tried to press the accelerator too hard suddenly and the light went off as Maersk told. :jumping-smiley-013:

According to details I found on the net ECO is not just an indicator. It should push back the pedal if driver put more pressure than necessary on the accelerator.

Don't get carried away machang Eco Paddle thingy is a whole different story & nothing to do with your Eco indicator.

- Nissan ECO Pedal system to be commercialized by 2009 - http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2008/...80804-02-e.html

Sha7, macho, where in the meter panel you get this indicator, never seen it in mine. Does it light up when the key is in ACC position and off when you start the engine?

Sure it does. It will appear again when you start moving & if your engine @ working temperature. Might be busted bulb. Replacing is DIY & new bulb will be +/- 30 lkr.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8854/ecoie4.jpg[/img][/url]