• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 15 Sensor Problem2

karu

Dear All,

I have a nissan fb15, 2001 car. I got it serviced and just after the service it indicates a problem with the oxygen sensor. Can this be due to the servise (they washed the engine with water) ?. Will I have to replace the sensor? The engine check lite is on.

Please give me the part number of this sensor.

Thanks!

I have a nissan fb15, 2001 car. I got it serviced and just after the service it indicates a problem with the oxygen sensor. Can this be due to the servise (they washed the engine with water) ?. Will I have to replace the sensor? The engine check lite is on.

Thanks!

Machan :unsure: , Never wash the engine with high presure water, I suggest take it a good garage and get it all cleaned ASAP.

Dear All,

Please give me the part number of this sensor.

Thanks!

Oh no this is a definite NO NO :action-smiley-060: . Never wash your engine with a high pressure washer the water can get inside the electronic components and damage them. You have to be very careful if you are washing the engine bay not to get any water on electrical items. You will have to take it to a good place get a diagnostic done.

You will have to take it to a good place get a diagnostic done.

no harm in running it by A*W on union place and getting them to hook the car up to the "Nissan Consult" scanner & have look at it

[i know i know i sound like AL's resdent A*W advocate , but you can't really do much better than the agents ne :) ]

no harm in running it by A*W on union place and getting them to hook the car up to the "Nissan Consult" scanner & have look at it

[i know i know i sound like AL's resdent A*W advocate , but you can't really do much better than the agents ne :) ]

Do the agents usually charge for just doing a diagnostic test?

Do the agents usually charge for just doing a diagnostic test?

there was a free inspection campaign on not too long ago ... might still be on...

or else a complete inspection of the vehicle inclusive of a diagnostic test and report was around about 1,000...

You'd better check the plugs and the small pockets where the ignition coils go if the service station guys have used pressurized water jets to clean. There might be water in them. if you have a FB15, you get it under the 'NEO' cover.

image4.jpg

Also check the Air intake.

Never use pressurized water to clean the engine. :agree:

Edited by isam

Never Ever clean it with high pressure water, there’s a greater chance of ruining your electronics.

As Devinda suggested take it to A*W or a well reputed garage. Get all your sensors cleaned along with plugs, cable connectors and plug wells.

On a last week paper I saw the A*W free inspection program. Till mid Feb the way I can remember. Book a date and worth a try.

Never Ever clean it with high pressure water, there’s a greater chance of ruining your electronics.

As Devinda suggested take it to A*W or a well reputed garage. Get all your sensors cleaned along with plugs, cable connectors and plug wells.

On a last week paper I saw the A*W free inspection program. Till mid Feb the way I can remember. Book a date and worth a try.

Hi,

I feel some deferrences when I drive the car after this problem.

Pulling power is somewat low.

Sometimes the engine turns off. ( But can restart)

Do these mean that the sensor has gone :unsure:

Hi,

I feel some deferrences when I drive the car after this problem.

Pulling power is somewat low.

Sometimes the engine turns off. ( But can restart)

Do these mean that the sensor has gone :unsure:

Not sure bro... But worth giving it a try with a sensor cleaning solutions like 3M which will dry out any moisture remaining.

Machan,

Don't understand "getting it all cleaned". You mean open the engine and clean the sensors?

No machan, not by opening the engine :rolleyes:

Take it to a good mechanic and get your Plugs and Sensors cleaned up. Some times warning light comes on mainly when the heater in the sensor is faulty, that might cause because of the water.

Be careful, some cleaning liquids might completely destroy your sensors. So better to go for a reputed garage and have a mechanic who knows sensor errors etc.

Best is to do a diagnose first and have a sensor cleaning solution.

Good Luck!!

PS. Where do you live? by saing that people can guide you to the best place closer to your place.

No machan, not by opening the engine :rolleyes:

Take it to a good mechanic and get your Plugs and Sensors cleaned up. Some times warning light comes on mainly when the heater in the sensor is faulty, that might cause because of the water.

Be careful, some cleaning liquids might completely destroy your sensors. So better to go for a reputed garage and have a mechanic who knows sensor errors etc.

Best is to do a diagnose first and have a sensor cleaning solution.

Good Luck!!

PS. Where do you live? by saing that people can guide you to the best place closer to your place.

Dear Rastima,

I got the engine scanned and the error was found to be with the oxygen sensor. For cleaning, it has to be taken out no? :unsure:

By the way, I live in Kelaniya and work near Union Place.

Thanks!

Dear Rastima,

I got the engine scanned and the error was found to be with the oxygen sensor. For cleaning, it has to be taken out no? :unsure:

By the way, I live in Kelaniya and work near Union Place.

Thanks!

Oh Bad news!, :mellow:

Taking out the Sensor is not a big deal, it just need some set of "Allen Keys" but If the O2 sensor is completely dead, then you may need to replace it. But, give it a shot, I know a good X-A*W mechanic in Kelaniya, you can take it along with the diagnose report.

By the way, from where did you get the scan done? Agents?.. how much it cost you?

Let me know your phone number, ill give his contact.

By the way, from where did you get the scan done? Agents?.. how much it cost you?

was about to ask the same?

& if you did go the A*W for the scan whats stopping you from getting them to replace the faulty sensor??

i know first hand that they're generally reasonable, cheap maybe not, but still might well be worth the premium when you consider the expertise and convenice factors?

Oh Bad news!, :mellow:

Taking out the Sensor is not a big deal, it just need some set of "Allen Keys" but If the O2 sensor is completely dead, then you may need to replace it. But, give it a shot, I know a good X-A*W mechanic in Kelaniya, you can take it along with the diagnose report.

Let me know your phone number, ill give his contact.

My contact no is 077 333 4 302

I got the scan done at a plce in Yakkala which is nearby the service station.

Hope you'll call me :mellow:

All Dear Friends,

As many of you suggested, I went to A*W and checked. As they recommended I got the sensor replaced with a new one. Total cost was 13,750.00 Rs.

Now the car is back in normal condition. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the support of you all.

Karu

All Dear Friends,

As many of you suggested, I went to A*W and checked. As they recommended I got the sensor replaced with a new one. Total cost was 13,750.00 Rs.

Karu

glad to hear you took the sensible option and went with the agents

All Dear Friends,

Karu

I guess you could have got it done half the price if you got the part from a vendor, but then again you don't get the service record and the waranty. BTW, Karu did you get any warranty for the MAF?