• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Smell

maikk99

HI All

When I start my car ( toyota corolla 122 ) there is a considerable petrol smell out side the car. cannot figure out the exact area it is coming from

I dont get that when i m inside the car and the shutters are closed

Is this normal or does any one has any comments ?

thanks a lot

Mike

HI All

When I start my car ( toyota corolla 122 ) there is a considerable petrol smell out side the car. cannot figure out the exact area it is coming from

thanks a lot

Mike

Mike, Have you done a engine tuneup recently ? If its please check the injectors & hoses again. During the tuneup, they remove the injectors and didn't fix it correctly.

Better to check with your garage.....

HI All

thanks a lot

Mike

As Prami has noted, this is probably caused by unburned fuel in the exhaust. Your engine is running too rich a fuel/air mix. Check with a good garage. The probability is there is a fuel leak somewhere !

HI All

thanks a lot

Mike

i have the same car. but petrol smell comes only in the morning. (when Start the engine in the morning, but goes away after couple of minutes). isn't it normal ? i mean when it started first in the morning. (This was same after when i did a Spark plug change and tuneup at Agents).

Edited by Ruslan

i have the same car. but petrol smell comes only in the morning. (when Start the engine in the morning, but goes away after couple of minutes). isn't it normal ? i mean when it started first in the morning. (This was same after when i did a Spark plug change and tuneup at Agents).

To have a bit of a petrol smell in the morning is normal, as the engine intentionally runs a rich mixture until the engine reaches its operating temperature (hence the requirement to bring the vehicle up to operating temperature before emissions tests)

Nothing to worry there. Its only an issue if this persists beyond that period.

Hi maikk99!

My first advice is to go to a qualified technician immediately.The fuel smell in any automobile is never to be tolerated.You still "smell" and seek advices from a forum even after 5 days of the first post.Avoid seeking advices from strange "experts" on sensitive issues.Good luck!

MINIACE

Mike, Have you done a engine tuneup recently ? If its please check the injectors & hoses again. During the tuneup, they remove the injectors and didn't fix it correctly.

Better to check with your garage.....

I've heard that the there is no tuning to be done in Corolla 121, and the ECU is pre-set and the parameters could not be changed at all. Is this true?

I've heard that the there is no tuning to be done in Corolla 121, and the ECU is pre-set and the parameters could not be changed at all. Is this true?

that's what the Zakie told with Toyota's equipped with Denso ECUs too.