• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Spark Plug Heat Value

JadeyBlitzen

hi guys! i'm changing my plugs to iridiums and i'm quite confused by the different heat values of plugs. the standard heat value is IK16. but the lowest available heat value for iridiums is IK20, which is the next available range.

what could i expect if i install plugs of a high heat range? they have four heat ranges available and they are all higher than the stock value.

hi guys! i'm changing my plugs to iridiums and i'm quite confused by the different heat values of plugs. the standard heat value is IK16. but the lowest available heat value for iridiums is IK20, which is the next available range.

what could i expect if i install plugs of a high heat range? they have four heat ranges available and they are all higher than the stock value.

what the reason u goin for iri ? :unsure:

iridium or not...if your climate and type of running requires a certain heat range...i would say it's better to stick to that...

maybe iridium heat ranges work somewhat different to the standard ones? :unsure:

i think its time to replace my plugs machan

iridium or not...if your climate and type of running requires a certain heat range...i would say it's better to stick to that...

maybe iridium heat ranges work somewhat different to the standard ones? :unsure:

well its for colombo. do u guys stick to the standard heat range over there?

i think its time to replace my plugs machan

well its for colombo. do u guys stick to the standard heat range over there?

As i know copper plugs only last 10000km and Iri ment to last 100000km, other difference is iri has better throttle response, for Turbo cars Iri is better if ruing stock boost, if u runing more boost its better to use cheep coper plugs and replace them in every 5000km, i heard most of Sl tuners always prefere stock plugs,

I also heard its ok to go 1 number higher heat range and its safe too, if runing nos 1 number colder, so why dnt u replace plugs with stock IK16 ? its cheep and safe too