• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help On Buying A Car Under 2.4m

Buddhika M H

As the topic says this is probably a usual question around. But as i was out of automotive market for a while i need some extra help. (I did search here, but still has these questions)

I need a (registered) reliable Sedan under 2.4M (better if its about 2.0M) most probably a 1.5L . So any suggestions ?

Fuel economy is a concern, its also good if its YOM after 2001 or so.

I see some Toyota vios, Honda City and Nissan Sunny within this price, but as a "usual" Sri Lankan i too am tempted with the idea of buying a "TOYOTA" ;) ( But that may be helpfull when selling, right?)

One thing i need to know is why Nissan Sunnys are comparatively LOW priced?? is it because there bad fuel economy or are there any other problem?

Also how are the fuel economy of Hondas, especially Civic and City models (ordinary 1.5L)?

Hoping the AL car gurus will help me on this, i know u r there ;)

Thanks !

Edited by Buddhika M H

search the AL database using differant keywords mate....since figures like actual fuel consumption is known only to the owners of these cars you might have to wait for one to come along...i'm sure some guys here can help you with the current prices.

can anyone please help me with this?

Btw i'm thinking about new N16 ( N17) aswel, how is its market prices these days? good registered one?

Also i need to know the market prices and fuel consumptions of Honda Civic and City (Aria) (YOM 2000 onwards)

Thanks

The facelifted N16 1.3 manuals go around 16-17.50. There are quite a few company/ fleet cars which came Bnew being sold these days. We picked up a 1.6 litre fully loaded in mint for 2 mil. That does about 8 in the city (manual).

Not like the suspension noises appear out of no where. You can run quite a bit with it. But for the price range, its a safe and decent looking option.

The Sylphy G10 goes around 2-2.6 mil and most come in Auto.

I saw a few K Regd ES model civics (2001/2) being auctioned off around 2 million. The City Aria cars went for about 1.7 mil