• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Headlight Wattage

mjayanath

Question

3 answers to this question

My car MARUTI 800.

My headlights are 100/80 watts.

Electrician introduced relays to safeguard the switch.

Is it advisable to use 100/80W instead of 60/55W?

If I replace 100/80W bulb with Original 60/55W bulb will I get a acceptable result?

the wiring and the light housing is designed to handle 55/60 if that's how it came stock. Also the current drain from you electrical system also will be higher with using higher wattage bulbs...

But some cars can get away with it without issues...

For the past two years i've been running 100/80W stock wiring without any issues...

Even with a new battery...when the stereo and AC is on...I can notice my lights dimming at low revs only to come back to full strength when i rev the motor a bit...

I would assume that my battery life will be shortened but i'm ok with it since i get more lighting power at that cost :)

going back original wattage is of course "ideally" the best...

IMHO...you only need the more "powerful" lighting when you're driving very fast...

even non-lit roads can easily be tackled with low beams running 55W...IMO at least :)

I have a Maruti alto and have the same problem, no enough visibility in low beam and only can do 30-40kmph with visible area. Tried with higher wattage bulb but problem is not solved. Finally I found that problem is with the headlight focussing and not with the bulb wattage. Increased the focussing of headlamps by my self and now I can do 60+kmph with low beam and factory fitted 55/60W bulbs without any issue :D