• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Classic Car Club Run To Kalutara

milindu

The Classic Car Club will be having a run to Kalutara (Kani Lanka) on Saturday the 7th of February, 2009 starting from Marine Drive (Near The Keells Super) at 7.30 am in the morning.

Yet to be informed if there will be any action at the Katu Track.

Edited by milindu

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the Classic Car Club have a website? if so can i have the URL please

The Classic Car Club will be having a run to Kalutara (Kani Lanka) on Saturday the 7th of February, 2009 starting from Maitland Place (Near CCC/SSC) at 7.30 am in the morning.

The Classic Car Club will be having a run to Kalutara (Kani Lanka) on Saturday the 7th of February, 2009 starting from Maitland Place (Near CCC/SSC) at 7.30 am in the morning.

Thanks Milindu for the information.Hope you will take some pics and post here.

MINIACE

CORRECTION: The start is from Marine Driver Near the Keells Super at 7.30 am on the 7th Saturday and not from Maitland Place as stated earlier.

My Classic Car Club membership application got rejected with no specified reasons, otherwise I should have joined 

If the club welcomes non-members for this event, please let me know.

Thanks,

GMI

My Classic Car Club membership application got rejected with no specified reasons, otherwise I should have joined 

If the club welcomes non-members for this event, please let me know.

Thanks,

GMI

Application got rejected??? Did you not try to ask them why?

I assume owning a classic car would be enough to get you in right? I didnt think there would be anyother requirements.

heres where is gets tricky - what can be classified as a classic?? :huh:

is there an age range?

how strict are they in terms of the induction of new members?

heres where is gets tricky - what can be classified as a classic?? :huh:

is there an age range?

how strict are they in terms of the induction of new members?

It's officially 1940-1970. Of course I do not agree with this, but that's the club's official line. Ot's a highly debatable subject as you know.

There's also a class called "Associate memeber". You don't have to have a car, but intend to buy one etc....

They seem to have go quite strict recently. the applicant has to go for an interview which wasn't the case when I joined. They are also quite sensitive to the originality of the car...... Although there are some cars that seem to pass thru their radar undetected now and again.

Application got rejected??? Did you not try to ask them why?

I own 2 classics to satisfy the club's standards and requirements to be eligible to apply for membership.

However, after sending my application with photos of my cars, I got a letter after about 3 months saying that my application is rejected. there were no specified reasons and still no reply to my 2nd letter.

One classic car member told me that the reason could be Mini's - officials are said to be hating Mini's and Mini owners - but i do not believe.

all in all I thought of joining the CCC to serve them, not with expectations of getting anything from them.

They seem to have go quite strict recently. the applicant has to go for an interview which wasn't the case when I joined. They are also quite sensitive to the originality of the car...... Although there are some cars that seem to pass thru their radar undetected now and again.

yep i dont remember my dad telling me about an interview when he joined,but that was way back in the 80's...

I own 2 classics to satisfy the club's standards and requirements to be eligible to apply for membership.

However, after sending my application with photos of my cars, I got a letter after about 3 months saying that my application is rejected. there were no specified reasons and still no reply to my 2nd letter.

One classic car member told me that the reason could be Mini's - officials are said to be hating Mini's and Mini owners - but i do not believe.

all in all I thought of joining the CCC to serve them, not with expectations of getting anything from them.

hmm maybe this is their way of stopping the club being over crowded with mini owners.....and i agree with them to some extent.

You can check with the current President of the, Mr. Clive De Silva as to the requirements for membership and associate membership.

He can be reached on: segroup AT sltnet DOT lk

If you are unable to get a response, please mail me on milindum AT gmail DOT com

As Milindu says, you should phone them and find out the reason why you were rejected. Btw who were your proposers and seconders? Perhaps they could find out!?

Btw again what are the two classics you own?

As Milindu says, you should phone them and find out the reason why you were rejected. Btw who were your proposers and seconders? Perhaps they could find out!?

Btw again what are the two classics you own?

My proposers were Thishan & David and I handed over my application to Mr. De Silva in a Sunday drive last year.

The letter I received says that the committee did not approve my application.

I own 1961, Fiat 600D, and a 1960 Morris Mini.

Finally I decided not to talk t Mr. De Silva as I now do not have an interest of joining CCC.

Regards,

GMI

My proposers were Thishan & David and I handed over my application to Mr. De Silva in a Sunday drive last year.

Finally I decided not to talk t Mr. De Silva as I now do not have an interest of joining CCC.

Regards,

GMI

Funny you mention, I had a similar experience with the CCC. I have a car with the year of manufacture 1980. As per the constitution on the web, it states that cars over 25 years are eligible. But when I inquired, they said that it is 30 years and older. There are only two of these cars in the coutry and the other one can been seen on the CCC motor shows.

Therefore, I also decided not to join the club.

Regards,

GMI

What a pity. If I were you I would talk and find out exactly what the problem was. You really should.

If your mini is not an original they could make a fuss. But then you've got a Fiat 600 as well.