• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan D22 Double Cab And Nissan X Trail

L board

Can you guys with hands on user experience let me know your experience on Nissan D22 Diesel Double cab (99 model) and Nissan X Trail (2000 model)?

1) How is the fuel consumption?

2) How is the comfort?

3) Are parts available at Delkanda joints?

4) Can you easily resell when you want to?

Your feedback will be quite valuable to me as I am evaluating both.

can't comment on the cab but will give you my experience wit the x-trail

it's a comfy ride with decent power. will do around 6-7 depending how you drive. i feel the single ac setup is not adequate for a jeep of that size, so it can get a bit toasty.

plenty of parts available for it at the usual spots.

resale... well good luck wtih selling anything these days :)

can't comment on the cab but will give you my experience wit the x-trail

it's a comfy ride with decent power. will do around 6-7 depending how you drive. i feel the single ac setup is not adequate for a jeep of that size, so it can get a bit toasty.

plenty of parts available for it at the usual spots.

resale... well good luck wtih selling anything these days :)

I was told that there is a 1.8L manual which does between 8-9. Is that right? Is there a difference in the demand based on the different engine / gear box types?

What vehicle on earth you didn't or don't have machan? Lucky bugger!!

LOL ...it's thanks to the combination of having a car crazy father coupled with a business line that needs a lot of vehicles machan... :)

it is true that i have a lot of vehicles quantity wise...but quality wise i cant even hope to match the coleections of some other guys like milindu,AndrewGTR etc etc

Edited by HelRazor

hi their,

regarding your question i use to own a nissan d22 ax limited manual black one.it was 99 manufacture. i previously use to own a toyata LN107ssrx i sold this and brought the nissan.lot of ppl will tell u the toyata is a better vehicle.but i using both i noticed the toyota was only more stronger on off road and better on diesel but nissan was not bad either.when it comes to power styling and comfort the nissan was way ahead.company has most or all the spares for it, so does delkanda and panchicawatta.so spare parts availability was great. the only problem was the back of the cabin was lacking in space .it does around 7to8km per ltr bec i had put in 33inch tyres.Overall good vehicle resale is not good as toyota have to hold on a bit can get your price.bec i sold mine too.

Hope this helps you.

LOL ...it's thanks to the combination of having a car crazy father coupled with a business line that needs a lot of vehicles machan... :)

it is true that i have a lot of vehicles quantity wise...but quality wise i cant even hope to match the coleections of some other guys like milindu,AndrewGTR etc etc

Ado give me a job at ur company machan B)

hi their,

regarding your question i use to own a nissan d22 ax limited manual black one.it was 99 manufacture. i previously use to own a toyata LN107ssrx i sold this and brought the nissan.lot of ppl will tell u the toyata is a better vehicle.but i using both i noticed the toyota was only more stronger on off road and better on diesel but nissan was not bad either.when it comes to power styling and comfort the nissan was way ahead.company has most or all the spares for it, so does delkanda and panchicawatta.so spare parts availability was great. the only problem was the back of the cabin was lacking in space .it does around 7to8km per ltr bec i had put in 33inch tyres.Overall good vehicle resale is not good as toyota have to hold on a bit can get your price.bec i sold mine too.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks Abbas for your feedback. Does it (D22) come with an intercooler turbo engine? Also when you mentioned about spares, did you mean body parts as well (because I was told that finding body parts such as the rear doors may be a nightmaire?) Is it more comfy than the LN107?

the only job i have in my "company" machang is lorry driver....i doubt you would want that :P:lol:

I don't mind doing it as long as you are willing to give me atleast 70k salary a month.. :lol:

Edited by Bharath

Hi again!

yes i meant the body parts also its available don't worry about it.you can get those mostly in kandy road and kurunagala and the company but in the company it's really expensive. Also i have seen many shops having the entire body too.bec of this new body permit thing lot of these sellers are reluctant to brake it up but still with little effort you can get it.

Then about the engine it came in two models:-

1.2700cc turbo not sure if it was inter cooler bec this engine came mostly in D21 very few D22

2.3300cc non turbo this was the engine i had.it's a really good engine you can top over 300000km on this.

my one had done 170000km when i sold it and no oil burning at all and very powerful for a diesel cab and had no complains.

Definitely more comfortable and more powerful than the Ln107 2.8l engine and the handling was great for a cab.

Tip-No vehicle is easy to get spares and better on fuel when compared to Toyota that's why the toyota vehicles are more expensive and better on resale.

*any spares you want for Nissan d22 can be brought down in 2 weeks if not available.their is a reputed seller in panchickawatta who does only Nissan genuine parts. i don't kw if i can mention the shop name here but if u do need the contact just let me kw anytime.i have a Nissan patrol and any stuff i don't get here i order it from them.

picked the worst possible time ever to be out looking for work! :(

I know this is difficult, but don't waste your time waiting for a job, you could learn more, maybe a MBA or a MSC ?

I know this is difficult, but don't waste your time waiting for a job, you could learn more, maybe a MBA or a MSC ?

your not the first one to have said that machan :mellow:

kinda wrapping up a proffessional qualification as well, so better focus on that till then i guess..

Hi again!

yes i meant the body parts also its available don't worry about it.you can get those mostly in kandy road and kurunagala and the company but in the company it's really expensive. Also i have seen many shops having the entire body too.bec of this new body permit thing lot of these sellers are reluctant to brake it up but still with little effort you can get it.

Then about the engine it came in two models:-

1.2700cc turbo not sure if it was inter cooler bec this engine came mostly in D21 very few D22

2.3300cc non turbo this was the engine i had.it's a really good engine you can top over 300000km on this.

my one had done 170000km when i sold it and no oil burning at all and very powerful for a diesel cab and had no complains.

Definitely more comfortable and more powerful than the Ln107 2.8l engine and the handling was great for a cab.

Tip-No vehicle is easy to get spares and better on fuel when compared to Toyota that's why the toyota vehicles are more expensive and better on resale.

*any spares you want for Nissan d22 can be brought down in 2 weeks if not available.their is a reputed seller in panchickawatta who does only Nissan genuine parts. i don't kw if i can mention the shop name here but if u do need the contact just let me kw anytime.i have a Nissan patrol and any stuff i don't get here i order it from them.

Dear Abbas

Loads of thanks for your input. I did infact had a look at 3 D22s during the last week. I also drove one and undoubtadly it has super power and comfort! In fact I love it!

1) Imported brand new 2006 model. Done less than 50K. In good condition but semi option (since brand new). The owner is quoting 5.5M! I think that price is rediculous. If I had that kind of money I would go for a Prado or a Montero.

2) 1998 made imported reconditioned and used by an NGO. Full option, auto with a teak panel. Done 150K. The vehicle has been quite hacked and the engine was also not that smooth probably due to poor maintenance. The seller is quoting Rs 3,250,000. I think the price is ok but the condition of the vehicle is not good.

3) 1999 made imported reconditioned. Done 115K. Body in good condition but interior and mechnics showed higher wear and tear than one that has done 115K. I doubt the mileage was correct. It had malfunctioning AC, left door power shutter and mileage meter. The guy was quoting Rs 3.9M which I think is rediculous. Although the body was in good shape, the vehicle is quite hacked. For 3.9M I can buy 2 of D21s!

I noted that all these three vehicles have been advertised multiple times over the last 2-3 months on news papers and websites. This shows that the owners are expecting some unrealistic prices and because of their greed they are going to live with them forever. I feel the right price should be around 3M. I also got the impression that it is a difficult vehicle to sell. However I would prefer it over a X-Trail since it is certainly more masculin and powerful.

So my hunt is still on. The day I buy one, I will update this chain. In the mean time could you please personally message me the contact details of parts suppliers that you have mentioned?

Thanks

your not the first one to have said that machan :mellow:

kinda wrapping up a proffessional qualification as well, so better focus on that till then i guess..

this branch of the topic certainly enlightened me on the difference between the D22 & X-trails... :D