• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Land Cruiser

OJ27

Would like expert opinion on buying a Land cruiser, following are the models that I’m interested in

Option 1

TOYOTA LANDCRUISER ZX HZJ77HV (with 4200 CC NON Turbo Engine), this has round light, Face like troop carrier)

- with leaf spring

Option 2

Box Model Prado with 3L (1kze) Engine (CC Turbo EFI Engine)

- coil spring

Option 3

Box Model Prado with 2L Engine (2400CC Turbo EFI Engine)

- coil spring

i might go for body permitted vehicle, but still not sure, came across couple of body permitted land cruisers, but those were carelessly used

I would like opinion on;

1. Prices

2. Off road capability

3. Best option

4. Any other thoughts??

Appreciate you guys views on this. Thanks

option 1 is the best but hard to find. there's nothing like an inline 6 landcruiser.

option 2 & 3 wont be hard at all to find. Iv seen many ads on 32-xxxx body permitted box models. most of them are automatic which I wouldnt prefer. would range from 2.6mil - 3.2mil for my knowledge. or a abit more. or else you can try a 61-xxxx one which would be around 3.5mil but almost all came standard with a non-turbo 2.8 engine. As for the body permits go, i would think twice. got to say the land cruiser won't let you down.

There are two HZJ77HV Jeeps, one guy asking for 4.3 Mil & i couldn't check the price of other jeep. What is the price range for HZJ77HV. As J77 has leaf spring will it be comfortable (i know we have to expect some kind of tough ride in a 4x4).

I have seen air bag suspension systems for leaf spring (http://www.uteworld.com.au/products/firestone/index.htm), Does anyone got any info on this type of air bag suspension system for HJZ77

there was a massive raid on body permit vehicles week before last! <_<

(Peri you were right - story was verified two days later)

make sure all the relavent documents are in order etc as the police had gone onto impound a number of vehicles which didn't have the necessary paper work

i'm sure there pleanty of good Land Cruisers around - option 2 might be your best bet - the Box model Prado had everything that was good n fine with the oridinary Land Cruiser coupled to a nice more refined interior

There are two HZJ77HV Jeeps, one guy asking for 4.3 Mil & i couldn't check the price of other jeep. What is the price range for HZJ77HV. As J77 has leaf spring will it be comfortable (i know we have to expect some kind of tough ride in a 4x4).

I have seen air bag suspension systems for leaf spring (http://www.uteworld.com.au/products/firestone/index.htm), Does anyone got any info on this type of air bag suspension system for HJZ77

The one im refering to is a two tone brown, black wheels and auto. any details on the other? Im sure you can covert the front into coil springs as well without too much hassle.

Vehicles hardly move these days and if the seller is in a hurry you should be able to pick it up much cheaper than these inflated 'asking' prices!

make sure all the relavent documents are in order etc as the police had gone onto impound a number of vehicles which didn't have the necessary paper work

i'm sure there pleanty of good Land Cruisers around - option 2 might be your best bet - the Box model Prado had everything that was good n fine with the oridinary Land Cruiser coupled to a nice more refined interior

I heard that police manged to find over 17 vehicles (jeeps and cars) without proper documents within one day ;-). if you go for body permit, check all documents like body permit, weight measured document and RMV certification etc.

I also vote for 2nd option as 2400CC is bit under power.

Machan sorry for being stupid. Can you explain me what this Body Permit thing is?

Would like expert opinion on buying a Land cruiser, following are the models that I’m interested in

Option 1

TOYOTA LANDCRUISER ZX HZJ77HV (with 4200 CC NON Turbo Engine), this has round light, Face like troop carrier)

- with leaf spring

Option 2

Box Model Prado with 3L (1kze) Engine (CC Turbo EFI Engine)

- coil spring

Option 3

Box Model Prado with 2L Engine (2400CC Turbo EFI Engine)

- coil spring

i might go for body permitted vehicle, but still not sure, came across couple of body permitted land cruisers, but those were carelessly used

I would like opinion on;

1. Prices

2. Off road capability

3. Best option

4. Any other thoughts??

Appreciate you guys views on this. Thanks

Hi

If U want to do a serious off roading go for Land cruiser. Those Prados are not good as LandCruiser in off roading. One of my serious off roadin Aussi said that land cruiser got more suspension travel compare to prado. I have not seen any body doing serious off roading in a prado in Aussi. But prado is a luxury more suburban. Don't forget Land Cruiser is the king of the road and off road. People buy this big vehicles for recreational and for farm work. They are very good at pulling caravans, huge boats etc. Even I have seen one pulling a wheel harrow in a farm.

Prices of automotives in Sri Lanka is shocking. I saw a old RAV4 may be 3 generations old model(1999) advertised on this site asking for nearly 3mil. Rs.compare to 2004 Landcruiser in brilliant condition for about 2.2mil in Australia.

I would take the SLTB bus to go any where and hire a vehicle for off road trips

Prices of automotives in Sri Lanka is shocking. I saw a old RAV4 may be 3 generations old model(1999) advertised on this site asking for nearly 3mil. Rs.compare to 2004 Landcruiser in brilliant condition for about 2.2mil in Australia.

just shows how rich us sri lankans are ha ha ha

landcruiser you on about for 2.2mil is it the 100 series???