• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Gain More Hp From A D15b Dual Carb Motor !

Devinda_N

Hi guys... i got my self a 1993 honda eg8 MX 3-4 months back it has a dual carb setup... i treated her with a new bodykit ,16 Aloys with low pro tyers new lights and some intireor work....... and now i need to gain some more Hp... it has exhaust systems with headers ,no cat- control n a beat can .... plz help me guys what are the basic ways to gain more hp ....... and is thr a way to fix a cold air intake , corn air filltr to this dual carb setup ? thnx in advance mates!

Cheers!

:unsure:

Hi guys... i got my self a 1993 honda eg8 MX 3-4 months back it has a dual carb setup... i treated her with a new bodykit ,16 Aloys with low pro tyers new lights and some intireor work....... and now i need to gain some more Hp... it has exhaust systems with headers ,no cat- control n a beat can .... plz help me guys what are the basic ways to gain more hp ....... and is thr a way to fix a cold air intake , corn air filltr to this dual carb setup ? thnx in advance mates!

Cheers!

:unsure:

LOL..interesting name you got there machang....reminds me of someone...maybe you are his split personality twin who secretly adores honda's and "corn" air filters :lol::P

sorry for being a dick....anyways RACERSEDGE is the guy for your problem,should be logging on any moment :)

LOL..interesting name you got there machang....reminds me of someone...maybe you are his split personality twin who secretly adores honda's and "corn" air filters :lol::P

sorry for being a dick....anyways RACERSEDGE is the guy for your problem,should be logging on any moment :)

Thnx machan ! I dont have ny expirience with hondas... i was a toyota boy....lol (and agian thnx to Devinda_Z and Prasad for helping me out to sort out da E.C.U issue with my carina AT192 ) so i am lost here... and i found that da vaccum line for da distributor advancer is also blockd... advice plzzzzzz

what sort of a body kit have you got on the car? if its a full heavy body kit with new front new bumper and rear bumpers, side skirts, spoilers,fog lights,air intakes on the bonnet, etc etc, then ditch all that and put the stock stuff back on. This will make a big difference.

Edited by GearHead

what sort of a body kit have you got on the car? if its a full heavy body kit with new front new bumper and rear bumpers, side skirts, spoilers,fog lights,air intakes on the bonnet, etc etc, then ditch all that and put the stock stuff back on. This will make a big difference.

No machan.... jst a normal body kit ,no big fogs ..and no vents on da bonnet .... not much bulk fibr...... .. n yes i do have 16 alloys.... is it an issue ?

Edited by Devinda_N

Good start would be to ditch the body kit for the extra weight and the 16 rims for 14's. Larger rims increase your gearing ratios- which basically means that your acceleration potential on each gear comes down. On that subject it maybe worth while swapping in a gear box from a VTi model EG8- which has more favorable gear ratios compared to the MX. (google 'final drive ratio) I dont know about cone filters for carbs- but there are replacement filters that fit into the carb air filter box.

Like Prev said- speak to Zakie on 0777508864

Good start would be to ditch the body kit for the extra weight and the 16 rims for 14's. Larger rims increase your gearing ratios- which basically means that your acceleration potential on each gear comes down. On that subject it maybe worth while swapping in a gear box from a VTi model EG8- which has more favorable gear ratios compared to the MX. (google 'final drive ratio) I dont know about cone filters for carbs- but there are replacement filters that fit into the carb air filter box.

Like Prev said- speak to Zakie on 0777508864

Thnx for the reply machan..... Im gonna keep the Kit and my 16 rims s for the time being coz i hv jst spnd some greens on it ! :huh:

1. And about swapping the gear box.. isnt da vti build for economy ? hw cn a such gearbox favors performnce ?

2. Will it make significant improvement ? is thr r ny othr ways to get good final drive ratio?

Dnt be mad if im being an As* by coming up with stupid questions machan..... i have no clue abt thise stuff !

Cheers!

Edited by Devinda_N

VTi aint the economy trim, ETi is, dunno what league MX is, but it isnt the better trim compared to the VTi :D

so your Q1 has been answered :)

Anyway do you have custom exhaust headers and all on it?? Intake, I think you can get custom piping done and then get the filter

Thnx for the reply machan..... Im gonna keep the Kit and my 16 rims s for the time being coz i hv jst spnd some greens on it ! :huh:

1. And about swapping the gear box.. isnt da vti build for economy ? hw cn a such gearbox favors performnce ?

2. Will it make significant improvement ? is thr r ny othr ways to get good final drive ratio?

Dnt be mad if im being an As* by coming up with stupid questions machan..... i have no clue abt thise stuff !

Cheers!

good job that you didnt go for a huge body kit. Better gear ratios gives you better acceleration..Does your engine bay look like this?

p1010909t.jpg

If yes, then dont worry too much about after market air filters. Just leave it as it is and just make sure that you keep the air filter very clean.First of all get to know your car. Before spending your money on bolt on stuff like filters etc, consider spending a bit of money on a good tuneup and also make sure you check the ignition system as well. If the ignition coil is weak this could affect the performance as well the fuel economy. Also check the plug wires and spark plugs. The correct spark plug number for this model is BKR6E11.If everything turns out to be good, then go ahead with the mods. otherwise it would just be a waste of money. Good luck bro.. :) If you need help with any mechanical work..send me a PM ;)

VTi aint the economy trim, ETi is, dunno what league MX is, but it isnt the better trim compared to the VTi :D

so your Q1 has been answered :)

Anyway do you have custom exhaust headers and all on it?? Intake, I think you can get custom piping done and then get the filter

Thnx machan.... i will considor swaping the gear box to a vti one ......

And yes i do have the custom exhaust headers .. and piping with no Catalyst Control and witha hugu beat barrel.

from whr can i get the custom intake piping done ?

Cheers! :rolleyes:

hmm interesting, VTi gearbox is called S20, keeps us updated about costs and all, about the gearbox process.

intake piping, I guess there are few places, I dint get one done here, so I dunno, but heard **cardo and some places do.

Anyway do you or anyother guys know a place to get custom headers done?? :D

Edited by shanX

good job that you didnt go for a huge body kit. Better gear ratios gives you better acceleration..Does your engine bay look like this?

p1010909t.jpg

If yes, then dont worry too much about after market air filters. Just leave it as it is and just make sure that you keep the air filter very clean.First of all get to know your car. Before spending your money on bolt on stuff like filters etc, consider spending a bit of money on a good tuneup and also make sure you check the ignition system as well. If the ignition coil is weak this could affect the performance as well the fuel economy. Also check the plug wires and spark plugs. The correct spark plug number for this model is BKR6E11.If everything turns out to be good, then go ahead with the mods. otherwise it would just be a waste of money. Good luck bro.. :) If you need help with any mechanical work..send me a PM ;)

Thnx a lot gearhead !

One of my frnd has a good vti gearbox... so ill contact him and see! can it be swapd that easyly ?

Yeah dats how my engine bay looks like ..plus i do have the custom exhaust headers thr....and more dirt :(

dsc00814m.th.jpg

Iam realy shamed but i have to say i still have the old air filtr with felt wool wrappd on it ! i got a new one but didnt gt a chance to replace it coz da car is sitting at da garage 3 months nw for the body work and paint !

And planning on to get a tuneup asap.... whoz da best for the dual carbs ?

the vacume line for the disrtibutor advancer has been blockd too.......... have to chk on dat too !

My cars fuel consuption is also really high .. does abt 6-7 km per ltr... is it normal for a dual carb ?

And machan i really do need help with mechanical work..ill pm u......

Thnx machan!

Cheers! :rolleyes:

Edited by Devinda_N

well thats a big f**king body kit you have got there mate. Ill post a pic of a nicely done Vtec later on. Anyway, as soon as you get the car out of the garage make sure that you do the basic maintenance stuff. Mine did around 5-6kmp/l when i bought it, but after a full tuneup and basic stuff i managed to get around 10-11 kmp/l. However, keeping a dual carb in a good tune is a bit of a headache and it might cost you a bit money over time. Yea send me a PM when you are ready to get the mechanical stuff done ;)..

Edited by GearHead

hmm interesting, VTi gearbox is called S20, keeps us updated about costs and all, about the gearbox process.

intake piping, I guess there are few places, I dint get one done here, so I dunno, but heard **cardo and some places do.

Anyway do you or anyother guys know a place to get custom headers done?? :D

Thnx shanX ! machan is dat gear box worth tryn ? i can get it for 20 or less ........ cnt i swap for a sir one ???

I did try the elcardo ppl..... they will do but they r gonna use da cheap plated tubing witch is gonna get heated like hell ! have to try some othr ppl too....

machan my header r some branded ones ...i have no clue whr to find it ! sorry.....

Cheers!

well thats a big f**king body kit you have got there mate. Ill post a pic of a nicely done Vtec later on. Anyway, as soon as you get the car out of the garage make sure that you do the basic maintenance stuff. Mine did around 5-6kmp/l when i bought it, but after a full tuneup and basic stuff i managed to get around 10-11 kmp/l. However, keeping a dual carb in a good tune is a bit of a head ache and it might cost you a bit money over time. Yea send me a PM when you are ready to get the mechanical stuff done ;)..

Lol.... is it that huge machan ? but believe me machan its not dat heavy...

And ill get the car this friday....hopefully.......... and i need a full servise and a tuneup asap... is it true dat u have to put engine oil insted gear oil for the gearbox ?

And machan whr can i get a good tuneup ! if i get even 8-9 kmpl ill be glad .......

I will contact u as soon as i get the car ! thnx mate ...........!

Cheers!

:rolleyes:

Cheers!

I think the 1st question has been answered. on the 2nd one- yes by lowering the overall size of your rims and tyres.. sorry :):P better the FD ratio better the acceleration between gears- the more you can make use of high revs- which is needed to get power out of Honda's

Thnx shanX ! machan is dat gear box worth tryn ? i can get it for 20 or less ........ cnt i swap for a sir one ???

I did try the elcardo ppl..... they will do but they r gonna use da cheap plated tubing witch is gonna get heated like hell ! have to try some othr ppl too....

machan my header r some branded ones ...i have no clue whr to find it ! sorry.....

Cheers!

No a SIR gear box does not fit your engine. Please post a pic of your header. I always trust the original gear box fluid sold at the Agents. However after switching car brands- I'd recommend the mobil stuff which is pretty expensive. Yes engine oil can be used- but I prefer not to

Edited by Elvis_Pil

Lol.... is it that huge machan ? but believe me machan its not dat heavy...

And ill get the car this friday....hopefully.......... and i need a full servise and a tuneup asap... is it true dat u have to put engine oil insted gear oil for the gearbox ?

And machan whr can i get a good tuneup ! if i get even 8-9 kmpl ill be glad .......

I will contact u as soon as i get the car ! thnx mate ...........!

Cheers!

:rolleyes:

hehe..just a joke bro..yea even the member of the honda civic forum would advice you to use engine oil, but as pila has also mentioned, try your best to stick with the genuine stuff. Service stations would advice you to put the 80W oil that they normally stock, but dont ever fill it up with that shit. Whats the engine oil you are using? would you mind telling us about the mileage on your car? :)

Edited by GearHead

Cheers!

well, I don't have much of an idea abt this tranny swap, but I guess it wud improve your gear ratios as mentioned above :)

well, I don't think your intake tubing would make much of a difference, and incase your gonna use a short ram intake, most probably your filter is gonna breathe hot air :D

X2 , header pics :D

I think the 1st question has been answered. on the 2nd one- yes by lowering the overall size of your rims and tyres.. sorry :):P better the FD ratio better the acceleration between gears- the more you can make use of high revs- which is needed to get power out of Honda's

Thanx machan !

Is thr r ny othr ways to get a bettr final drive retio ? othr than lowering the overall size of rims n tyrs ? ny modifications to the gear box , fly wheel maybe ?

Cheers!

:blink: