• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rav4 Fuel Economy

L board

Dear Friends. In my hunt for a SUV, I went and saw a year 2000 manufactured RAV4 L grade yesterday. It is manual and 2000cc. Imported reconditioned in 2004. The owner says that it does 10km per liter in city. Can anyone please verify this? To me this sounds quite unusual. I thought a 2000cc would do only 7-8 in city. If there are any first hand users of RAV4 2000 model, please respond.

Edited by L board

Dear Friends. In my hunt for a SUV, I went and saw a year 2000 manufactured RAV4 L grade yesterday. It is manual and 2000cc. Imported reconditioned in 2004. The owner says that it does 10km per liter in city. Can anyone please verify this? To me this sounds quite unusual. I thought a 2000cc would do only 7-8 in city. If there are any first hand users of RAV4 2000 model, please respond.

well it COULD be because the owner is LYING!! :D

joking aside though, The Manual Rav 4's are pretty good on fuel, most attribute this to the VVti engine/manual gearbox combination.... although the most i've hear of in city is around 8.5.....

There are two engine variations of Rav 4. VVTi and D4. The D4 variation does not offer the same fuel economy as the VVTi. The VVT has the same motor that is in the Allion (1.8).

Rav 4 is one of my favorite SUVs, but the asking price is way out of my budget. I had to leave that dream aside. And please beware that Rav 4 resale value varies depending on the colour too. From what I've heard, Black RAV4 have most demand.

Thanks friends for your feedback. So can I conclude that if I buy a 1.8 VVTi manual that I will be able to get 10 km per liter in Colombo (provided I do not accelerate like a maniac)?

And maintain it properly. Most of the SL drivers blame their ride for not being economical while they don't perform the maintenance tasks properly.

I guess an Allion (1.8L) owner can contribute on the actual fuel economy figures. Noting beats first hand experience.