• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

April!

KLM

Which VI you're talking about??

starting 9AM Colombo Time

MINIACE

didn't someone make mention of one - belonging to "Carmen Thenuwara" or something like that...

thanks for the heads up Ace - 9 am is the strat only right- the GT class will bem uch later right?

got errands to run in the AM but don't wanna miss the race either :mellow:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't someone make mention of one - belonging to "Carmen Thenuwara" or something like that...

thanks for the heads up Ace - 9 am is the strat only right- the GT class will bem uch later right?

got errands to run in the AM but don't wanna miss the race either :mellow:

First GT event is Event #11 or 12

MINIACE

does anyone happen to know how you can watch rupavahini channel eye online..i found sites that offer rupavahini (not EYE), sirasa and swarnavahini..so far no luck with channel eye...if anyone knows pls send me a PM of the link...ur help is much appreciated..

cheers

A low quality video of SL GT Race 1 uploaded on youtube. Bad quality since taken off a webcam...guess its something till the proper video is uploaded.

MINIACE

Thanks Mini for the video links.

Did anyone listen to the commentary. OMG that was just horrible... at the beginning the guy says "very powerful machines, twin turbo four-wheel drive...."... its like he just watched an episode of some motorshow and picked up the words just so that he could use it in the commentary rather than actually look into what the terms meant... and did any of you "feel the petrol in your nostrils"? :D

But it was quite freaky watching DD give such a close chase at such high speeds...had AP made the slightest mistake in braking DD would have been dragged down with him...

Edited by Dilesh

Did anyone listen to the commentary. OMG that was just horrible... at the beginning the guy says "very powerful machines, twin turbo four-wheel drive...."... its like he just watched an episode of some motorshow and picked up the words just so that he could use it in the commentary rather than actually look into what the terms meant... and did any of you "feel the petrol in your nostrils"? :D

But it was quite freaky watching DD give such a close chase at such high speeds...had AP made the slightest mistake in braking DD would have been dragged down with him...

i thought i was the only one sitting at home n yelling , SINGE turbo u moron!!!

but what was even more disappointing was the guy who was making the comments wasn't the sportscaster who's gotta cover everything from Elle to carrom but rather a kinda (well) known Mini racing driver! :blink:

That was a great day of racing!

Congrats to Mivec.Turbo for a good (more peaceful) chase given and claiming second in both races.

Thank you God for saving Dumi Jayasinghe from certain death!!

MINIACE

that was VERY scary!

they got there fast enough , esp the tow vehicle & ambulance , but they didn't have anything to break the glass/perspex!

when they got him out and hwhen his arms were out stretched i though he'd had it , cuz he was under for a few mintues :(

narrow escape!

D.D drove like a gentleman!

i for one watched with much admiration :)

- i'd have been happier like most here on AL if our very own won , but one can most certainly be proud of the way he drove!

same can NOT be said of a certain young driver who's over enthusiasm and eagerness to win cost Mahinda Premaratne dear...

i originally thought his antics at Carlton challenging AP were gutsy , but now i feel it was nothing more than reckless bravery

..how does that singhalese phrase go ~ "modaya baya anduranne naa" <_<

but what was even more disappointing was the guy who was making the comments wasn't the sportscaster who's gotta cover everything from Elle to carrom but rather a kinda (well) known Mini racing driver! :blink:

I also was cursing the commentator, he didnt know much about what was happening, he didnt want to admit his mistake in the T&J upto 5500cc Diesel event. I think that was the first time he did a mistake.

Does anyone know why the Suzuki Cultus of mahamoor didnt run as it used to? That car would have destroyed the competition in the 1400cc event with its 4WD.

Also was nice to see a mazda Axela doing so well.

In the T& J open event the power of the Petrol vs Diesel was quite evident.

I think race organisers need to look into this commentry thing very seriously.The whole thing was a big joke.Thank god Mahen joined in the final stages but not good enough.

MINIACE

D.D drove like a gentleman!

i for one watched with much admiration :)

- i'd have been happier like most here on AL if our very own won , but one can most certainly be proud of the way he drove!

More like a true sportsman and a gentleman ! Hats off to DD for setting examples!

MINIACE

I didn't have petrol in my nostrils, but then again, there was a considerable amount of dust .... And a piece of mud that either DD or Janaka Dias flicked onto my lens at the last race. :) Damn that GT action was breathtakingly fast.

i can't help but realize how consistant Fuzzo has been - he's quite litterally made 3rd place his very own! :)

Its bloody amazing considering he had a major accident at qualifying and its taken a super human effort to get the car ready in time for the race.

Edited by Pericles

I also was cursing the commentator, he didnt know much about what was happening, he didnt want to admit his mistake in the T&J upto 5500cc Diesel event. I think that was the first time he did a mistake.

Does anyone know why the Suzuki Cultus of mahamoor didnt run as it used to? That car would have destroyed the competition in the 1400cc event with its 4WD.

Also was nice to see a mazda Axela doing so well.

In the T& J open event the power of the Petrol vs Diesel was quite evident.

Sheran held a good 300m lead for -4 laps! it was a shame that he couldn't hold on that till the end :(

but impressive none the less

but his run in the Saxo was just class!!!!

the way he cucked it around those corners... lovely to watch! finally something to wipe that smug look of the Honda boys faces! :D

Gonna take a bit longer to sort out the good stuff from the nearly 1000 pics, but damn, some of these racers should be paying me for this!

maybe its time you did start charging - afterall good things no cheap , n cheap things no good right!

...then there was also that old singhalese adage about things given free...

:lol:

I didn't have petrol in my nostrils, but then again, there was a considerable amount of dust .... And a piece of mud that either DD or Janaka Dias flicked onto my lens at the last race. :) Damn that GT action was breathtakingly fast.

Its bloody amazing considering he had a major accident at qualifying and its taken a super human effort to get the car ready in time for the race.

really ?! didn't know about that - what happened???

there seemed to have been quite a few accidents over the coupla days there then... :mellow:

& does anyone know what happened Janaka Dias - he started but didn't see his car thereafter

and what of Darin? he was to run foxhill right? :unsure:

& does anyone know what happened Janaka Dias - he started but didn't see his car thereafter

Janaka stalled literally a few feet in front of me and he couldn't get it started again. I spoke to him to ask what happened but he hadn't a clue. Thought maybe a fuel issue. Cranked it a few times, but no joy. Lucky for him, it was just at the pit entrance so he put it in neutral and rolled in to retire.

But he totally ruined Rizvi Farooks day :) Man was stuck behind him with no way around until the whole field went thru. And the speed AP and DD came around on the second lap, its a miracle no one hit the stalled car that second lap.

Sheran held a good 300m lead for -4 laps! it was a shame that he couldn't hold on that till the end :(

but impressive none the less

but his run in the Saxo was just class!!!!

the way he cucked it around those corners... lovely to watch! finally something to wipe that smug look of the Honda boys faces! :D

Well he did do a good run in the defender but couldnt out do the petrol power. If Dinesh was in front at the start he could have won by a long distance judging by the way he drove.

The Saxo is still underpowered your talking about a 125bhp car against the new Vtec guys. The speciality of that car is corners, I think he was pushing a lot in the corners to get that tail out, and also to keep up with the faster cars.

I also think that DD was pushing a bit too hard as well to try and overtake AP, saw that he also went into the brink of losing control of the car, but held on nonetheless. All in all I think AP drove a controlled race, and he looked a lot stable even with the pressure applied from DD.

Anyway well done to Mivec & Fuzzo.