• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sunroof For Any Car??

GajaYa

Just wanna know whether ....... we can get an original electric sunroof for any car in SL....is there any place to do that???

A guy named Anurudhdha who imports and fixes security systems once showed me some pictures of him installing an electric sunroof to a jeep. According to him it was imported from Singapore. Don't have his number though, but I think his place is near pitakotte Junction.

go the the webasto agents in sl mate. they usually do universal sunroofs and manufacturer specific stuff. but i havent heard of them in a while. hope they haven't gone bust.

what ?!?! :o Webasto had agents here in SL ??? :blink: who n where ?? :huh:

go the the webasto agents in sl mate. they usually do universal sunroofs and manufacturer specific stuff. but i havent heard of them in a while. hope they haven't gone bust.

what?! :huh: Webasto had an agent here in SL ?? :blink: when was this? care to share the name of place location ?

what?! :huh: Webasto had an agent here in SL ?? :blink: when was this? care to share the name of place location ?

I recall Motorcade used to bring down some universal sun roof some time back. Not sure whether it was an electric one though.....

so how do they do it, cut a hole in the roof and install the sun roof???? or they replace the whole roof??? any side side effects??

depends. if you do it on a van or a jeep its quite straightforwards. for sliding sun roofs you'll have to do some extensive work. lots of welding and sometimes cutting bits of the structute. afaik the roof lining is the hardest bit to get right. cos it'll be a lot lower from the inside and there's quite a lot pulling and stretching involved. unless you can get the rooflining from a car that came with a sun roof. if its not an option on your car and it has one of those roof lining jobs installing a slide sun roof will be really tricky.

other than that its matter of cut n shut. there's a myth about the seals usually detoriating in warm weather and could leaking in rain water. i've noticed that on some land rovers. also you'll lose some of the headroom. and if you are anal about weight it adds a few kilos to the highest point of your car.

well my friend wants to get one on a honda civic es8.........

personally i wont carry out such an operation on a car as new as an es8. if you wont it badly the best option is to get the components from wrecked car in japan. i think its easier if you chop the roof and bring it down. once it arrives fit all the parts to your car. dont try chopping your roof and fitting the new one. cos that'll just weaken the structure.

Well He wants it really badly...........coz he is planaing of making it a complete masterpiece......

well es8 should deserve a sunroof coz its a neat car. ive seen some models with sunroofs..........but all of em were auto transmission ones......

never saw any manual car with a sunroof up to now.........