• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Sound System

thusithasam

Hi All,

What is the best brand for car spearkers? Where can I get good orginal Subwoofer,Spearkers, Speaker wires and RCA cables in Sri-Lanka. Any body know about Sony Car amp and MTX subwoofer? :jumping-smiley-013:

Thanks

Thusitha

Hi All,

What is the best brand for car spearkers? Where can I get good orginal Subwoofer,Spearkers, Speaker wires and RCA cables in Sri-Lanka. Any body know about Sony Car amp and MTX subwoofer? :jumping-smiley-013:

Thanks

Thusitha

Can't tell you what is best, cos I can be biased. I use the following combination. Try the places Devinda has given, they got all covered.

Head unit - Blaupunkt radio phone + 5 CD changer (front loading)

Amp - JBL 4 channel

Speakers (front) - RockfordFosgate

Speakers (rear) - MTX component (with tweeter)

Sub - Infinity active-sub 250W

Hi All,

Thanks

Thusitha

doubt you can point at A brand and say they make the best speakers... you get pretty good stuff from different brands even in SL... Depends on how much you can spend and how good you want you system to be...

for speakers infinity, rockford, alpine etc are pretty good...i got alpine 6x9's at the back and they are pretty good...even at time outperforming certain powered subs in bass delivery....

subs...rockford, mtx, kicker, jl audio etc are all good...

I would say the best for you to do is...go to a local car stereo joint and checkout their high end stuff and see if it falls within budget...

Then depending on the amount you're willing to spend you can settle for a good setup...

Also...speakers, sub and amps will no deliver anything decent without a proper head unit so you would need to get a good one for all to work together...

in my experience...Pet#o and advance are pretty good and will give you a good variety to choose from

Hi All,

Thanks

Thusitha

As everyone points out correctly, the "best" is biased and one's "best" would not be appealing to you. However you may get a clue from what others are using. Here goes mine;

Pioneer head unit with USB input

Front: RockfordFosgate 2way speakers

Rear: JVC 3way speakers

35Wx2 Alpine Amplifier and JVC Subwoofer

I don't like to listen to music too loud (like that they play in buses and three wheelers), that's the main reason I got the subwoofer with a separate amplifier, so you can clearly hear the awesome bass sounds without having to turn-up the volume too much.

As everyone points out correctly, the "best" is biased and one's "best" would not be appealing to you. However you may get a clue from what others are using. Here goes mine;

Pioneer head unit with USB input

Front: RockfordFosgate 2way speakers

Rear: JVC 3way speakers

I don't like to listen to music too loud (like that they play in buses and three wheelers), that's the main reason I got the subwoofer with a separate amplifier, so you can clearly hear the awesome bass sounds without having to turn-up the volume too much.

Thanks all for your informations

Thusitha

I would say the best for you to do is...go to a local car stereo joint and checkout their high end stuff and see if it falls within budget...

Then depending on the amount you're willing to spend you can settle for a good setup...

i agree this is the best option. it's not practical to shop by brand names for certain products in sri lanka.

wanted to buy a zippo lighter for a friends b'day after hearing the price i myself decided to give up smoking LOL now that i think about it, idea of buying one can act as a stimuli to give up smoking LOL

isn't that amp bit underpowered mate?