• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Honda Prelude H22!

highlander

Question

Dear Friends,

I have come across a honda prelude for sale..in #####..seller is asking for 2.4m he claims its a H22 although on the engine I see it says H16..I am rather confused...!!! Also when I went to see the car in cols weather..it didnt start the first time..and he said DOHC VTEC engines dont respond to cold start..I am again confused..How is the repair and running cost of this car..its YOF is 1999..

Please help me..

thanks

Randy

A Honda H16 engine??? Never heard of a H16.Where on engine it says H16? According to my knowledge all 99 JDM Preludes came with H or F 22 engines only.One euro version came with a F20 engine.(correct me if im wrong on this pls).

MINIACE

hi if u can just tell me the colour of the car..the histry is in racersedge note books mate ha ha... most in here gfo with f22..its non v tec n sohc...

.I am rather confused...!!! Also when I went to see the car in cols weather..it didnt start the first time..and he said DOHC VTEC engines dont respond to

Dude, if it were negative 24 and a winter snowstorm, then maybe, but if its sri lankan weather, that guy is talking BS.

You could always take the car to a professional mechanic for inspection. Perhaps Honda themselves (not sure if they will inspect it but worth a try)

hi if u can just tell me the colour of the car..the histry is in racersedge note books mate ha ha... most in here gfo with f22..its non v tec n sohc...

The colour is "white" and it has 17" wheels..Engine is red and DOHC VTEC is written..and the drivers bucket seat has a big hole..(damaged by rat attack).Hope this infor is enough.

thanks

Oh yeah AFAIK there are only three GenIV Preludes in SL.A black, one blue and the mentioned white one.Two are up for sale now ;) other one is busy beating rest in GP drag scene :D

MINIACE

Oh yeah AFAIK there are only three GenIV Preludes in SL.A black, one blue and the mentioned white one.Two are up for sale now ;) other one is busy beating rest in GP drag scene :D

MINIACE

Hi please help me guys..I dont wanna fall into trouble..I dont wanna uy a raced car either..the only thing I know is that this car is a good machine by the looks..and I like it..but dont wanna come into conclusions without HONDA expert advice..What is the selling value of these like? Well if there are just 3 around..!! and I like to know the history of this car..if someone knows!

help help

thanks

Randy

Hi please help me guys..I dont wanna fall into trouble..I dont wanna uy a raced car either..the only thing I know is that this car is a good machine by the looks..and I like it..but dont wanna come into conclusions without HONDA expert advice..What is the selling value of these like? Well if there are just 3 around..!! and I like to know the history of this car..if someone knows!

help help

thanks

Randy

Bro..Just contact upul in Malabe (Everybody knows as Honda upul)..He might know the history and you can get an inspection as well.

Very unfortunately I dont know much about the said white machine.But I know a lot about the other two.Both very well looked after and used.Racersedge can speak up but I dont know how good to talk about bad stuffs in a public forum.You can PM Racersedge n check.

MINIACE

Or atleast the owners cat is aged and lethargic! Lost the ratty appetite! :action-smiley-060:

MINIACE

A pussycat with no appetite for mice is a dead pussycat! ;)

Edited by isam

...you know there are plenty of other cars which look better & move faster for the kinda money your willing to spend ;)

Marketing attempt #138...she yours eternally ha ha J/K bro! Wait.."Iranamkaaraya" will ring your door bell one day.

MINIACE

who knows for the right price it just might be ;)

Thats fine with me..but so far nobody mentioned the fair selling price for this 2.2L DOHC VTEC! (This particular Prelude has no mods..all stock except wheels are 17'Is that stock too?)What is your car? IS it here on AL classifieds? If within my price range I might consider it.

thanks

Randy

Thats fine with me..but so far nobody mentioned the fair selling price for this 2.2L DOHC VTEC! (This particular Prelude has no mods..all stock except wheels are 17'Is that stock too?)What is your car? IS it here on AL classifieds? If within my price range I might consider it.

thanks

Randy

Thought Racersedge just said its most probably a SOHC non-VTEC? Putting on a new tappet cover isn't really hard. As former owners of my car can attest :(

MINIACE

According to Wiki, '99 is supposed to be Gen V, not IV. I've seen a black Gen V, reg 301.

this was the one that was on AL and came for the 2008 G2G right? :unsure:

No this is the one that hammered past me on the road a couple of days back :) Since I was chauffeuring the maternal unit and sibling in the Gen2, I decided not to play and see how fast he is :)

No this is the one that hammered past me on the road a couple of days back :) Since I was chauffeuring the maternal unit and sibling in the Gen2, I decided not to play and see how fast he is :)

Saw a Silver one this morning in a used cars / parts place on the Pitakotte Road just after turning in from the parliment road. Place was closed so didn't bother stopping to take a closer look.

Saw a Silver one this morning in a used cars / parts place on the Pitakotte Road just after turning in from the parliment road. Place was closed so didn't bother stopping to take a closer look.

Saw a prelude in a closed premises on the pitakotte road opposite to the Gas station, it looked a little purplish (was just passing through, and got only a glimpse of it)

Have see another Black Prelude at the A*W PitStop and it seemed that it was well looked after, (I think it was on sale in AL at that time)

Edited by isam