• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2009 Bmw Concept Lo Rider First Look

isam

BMW sprung one of the first surprises at EICMA 2008 with the introduction of its newest concept study, the BMW Lo Rider. We haven't seen BMW venture into the power cruiser segment since Pierce Brosnan ripped around the streets of Saigon on a stolen BMW R 1200 C in the 1997 James Bond movie Tomorrow Never Dies. Only a tight rake on an inverted telescopic fork and 6-piston brake calipers on a wave rotor disc mean the Concept Lo Rider places more emphasis on performance and less emphasis on cruiser. A tubular trellis frame and Paralever rear-wheel swingarm ring with Monster familiarity. Sourcing the vaunted BMW Boxer flat twin for its power, the Lo Rider is claimed to get over 100bhp out of its electronically-fed, overhead camshaft-equipped engine.

But the beauty of the BMW Concept Lo Rider lies in its level of customization. Like streetfighters? Then go with the vertically-arranged dual headlamps with a sporty raised exhaust system. Choose the seat bench for two, opt for a semicircular headlamp up front and run the pipes down low and you've got a roadster. Mix it up - BMW wants you to. This level of customization on a factory bike is unprecedented and is a promising prospect to boost sales.

1240112975.jpg

1240113033.jpg

Brrrrrrrrrrr.... I want one!

hey isam....i didnt know you were a bike fan..

you can make one like this if you want machan,very easy...all you have to do is find an old jap sport bike frame/chasis and find some one good with metal and/or fibre....

it may not be the real thing but it will have the looks...i'll stop before people start calling me a bike ricer as well :lol:

pretty mean looking thing... i wonder how the cylinder heads will take a good skidding fall on a side :unsure:

judging by the pics there's nothing to protect the cylinder head on a sideways impact with something hard... quite a common thing with the biker community and bikes :lol:

and most cylinder heads and fins are made out of some aluminum alloy that's not the best in terms of taking impacts...i once busted one of crank cases while not tigthening the nuts holding them together in the proper sequence...also the absence of a torque wrench too would've helped....

maybe bmw cylinder heads are made out of something lot more stronger?

pretty mean looking thing... i wonder how the cylinder heads will take a good skidding fall on a side :unsure:

judging by the pics there's nothing to protect the cylinder head on a sideways impact with something hard... quite a common thing with the biker community and bikes :lol:

and most cylinder heads and fins are made out of some aluminum alloy that's not the best in terms of taking impacts...i once busted one of crank cases while not tigthening the nuts holding them together in the proper sequence...also the absence of a torque wrench too would've helped....

maybe bmw cylinder heads are made out of something lot more stronger?

thats exactly what i thought when i first saw a bmw bike :lol:

i'm sure they'll break clean off. even if they are not supposed to, i bet the germans designed it that way anyways. so that the rider's manhood will be come out better in a crash.

helrazor take note :P

thats exactly what i thought when i first saw a bmw bike :lol:

i'm sure they'll break clean off. even if they are not supposed to, i bet the germans designed it that way anyways. so that the rider's manhood will be come out better in a crash.

helrazor take note :P

awwwww.....thanks JB for your kind concern toward the well being of my genetalia :P:lol: