• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan N15 Pulsar

rummy

(my first post)

Hi All,

I own a 1997 Pulsar 2 door hatch. Its a great little car, fun to drive, and takes a good flogging on some of my long distance trips.

Only thing, after driving it for a year, I've started to wish it had a bit more power and a manual shifter. At the moment it has a standard GA15DE with an auto tranny.

Any ideas on how I could do a conversion to a more powerful engine? What options do I have in Sri Lanka, when finding an engine to fit the N15, and a garage that could do a good job of the conversion?

I'd love to get my hands on a VZR N1 engine, or a SR20DE.

Appreciate any suggestions.

(my first post)

The VzR N1 was a limited production car, and doubt you can find just an engine so many years after production. But there's a VzR N1 with one of our forum members, that you might be able to get your hands on.

(my first post)

Hi All,

I own a 1997 Pulsar 2 door hatch. Its a great little car, fun to drive, and takes a good flogging on some of my long distance trips.

Only thing, after driving it for a year, I've started to wish it had a bit more power and a manual shifter. At the moment it has a standard GA15DE with an auto tranny.

Any ideas on how I could do a conversion to a more powerful engine? What options do I have in Sri Lanka, when finding an engine to fit the N15, and a garage that could do a good job of the conversion?

A VZR engine is a good idea i guess, but as max pointed out, kinda hard to find..... And as for the N1 Motor, almost no chance of finding one!

But the Pulsar engine bay CAN fit the SR20, as certain Aussie specs of that pulsar (The SSS if remember right) came with it.... So i guess your best option would be to find an SR20 and Manual box, shouldnt be too difficult. :)

P.S. if you go ahead with this, PLEASE remember to upgrade your suspension and brakes as well!!! and keep us informed about how it goes

Cheers

• 14 years later...
On 4/20/2009 at 3:40 PM, rummy said:

(my first post)

Hi All,

This Convo is from so long ago but did you ever consider dropping a nissan primera p11 sr20VE and its special "Hyper CVT" tranny??