• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Accord

fuzzo

why is the honda accord so unpopular in SL... i have always thought that the accord is a nice car but it has never caught on in SL.... why is that

question is, why would you NOT buy a accord?

ediy: i can get projectors for accords as well :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why is the honda accord so unpopular in SL... i have always thought that the accord is a nice car but it has never caught on in SL.... why is that

When I was looking for a car, some told me the Accord is not fuel efficient.

why would you NOT buy a accord?

Three Reasons

1 Not a Honda Fan

2 Do not like hondas

3 To me it has too few cylinders for a big car like that........

This is not Honda Bashing.....Just the gut feeling for not buying a Honda Accord

I dont know about the old accords but the new one is catching up like hell... man that's one of the best finished cars from the Jap market... everything is so neat... no wonder the sonata copied it... the new accord has everything in it... speed, comfort and luxury...

shifting on to the old Accords... I guess they didnt do well on fuel for one reason.... but then again I heard it's catching up in market again...

1 Not a Honda Fan

2 Do not like hondas

3 Tme it has too few cylinders for a big car like that........

This is not Honda Bashing.....Just the gut feeling for not buying a Honda Accord

well the bluebird is a very heavy car n most of those came wit 1800 engines...they sold like hotcakes...this is not a pro-nissan post cos i dnt like bluebirds :D

p.s. i can offer u two more cylinders :D

Edited by sharkster

Three Reasons

1 Not a Honda Fan

2 Do not like hondas

Ignorant I see that you are...

hehehe... :D .... anyway i never liked it cos for me it just didnt look right... sorry for the bluntness and no its not Honda bashing... there's somethin about the Accord that doesnt appeal to me...

Three Reasons

1 Not a Honda Fan

2 Do not like hondas

First two don't count. Thats just inflamatory. Lets try to come up with something better than that.

Could we have a pic? Not really sure of what we are talking of here.

Three Reasons

1 Not a Honda Fan

2 Do not like hondas

TOO FEW CYLINDERS then that should go out to the main competotor the camry too...

BTW don't forget tha in North America accord is available in V6 too, thatz one heck of a mid sized ride!!!

----

replying on the topic:

i guess the Honda parts prices and the quality of service and price of the agents play a big role why accord doesn't sell good, u see for an enthuciasts the Civic is too appealing to be left alone simply because the price of parts are high or anything, but the Accord has a good alternative in the form of camry, civic in a way is irreplaceable in SL(if not technically, certainly not in the mind of a honda fan) :D

anyway no more space for Honda bashing or any kinda bashing with out facts, somehow i like the new moderation, after all i never had my warnng levels leaving 0%.

well, if i am ever to buya honda the accord would b it.... not the newest one.. i'm talkign of the model that came before this... like the Accord which also comes in "EuroR". i think wpJJ-5555.. that silver car... nto sure of the year of manufacture.. thats why my answer seems vague...

i think it looks amazing.. though i know nothign of its performance or efficiency...

:D

well the bluebird is a very heavy car n most of those came wit 1800 engines...they sold like hotcakes...this is not a pro-nissan post cos i dnt like bluebirds :D

p.s. i can offer u two more cylinders :D

sri lankan buyers aren't all that rational when it comes to cars and their specs... following are the main concerns for a typical SL buyer,

1) Practicality(fuel econo,spare prices, ability to wreck the car w/out damaging the ridability- nicely termed as HARDY CARS

2) image(be it Toyota, Nissan you buy it if u r a conservative family man, be it CIVIC most yougsters buy it)

3) Cylinder capacity, 1.3-1.5L is the most demanded. imagine some prefer 1.3L over 1.5L

:D

and the list goes on...

/comment 2) is a personal opinion do not necesarily reflect anything more than a personal opinion!

sri lankan buyers aren't all that rational when it comes to cars and their specs... following are the main concerns for a typical SL buyer,

1) Practicality(fuel econo,spare prices, ability to wreck the car w/out damaging the ridability- nicely termed as HARDY CARS

2) image(be it Toyota, Nissan you buy it if u r a conservative family man, be it CIVIC most yougsters buy it)

3) Cylinder capacity, 1.3-1.5L is the most demanded. imagine some prefer 1.3L over 1.5L

<_<

and the list goes on...

/comment 2) is a personal opinion do not necesarily reflect anything more than a personal opinion!

my point is y do ppl buy a not-so-appealing bluebird instead of a pretty ok lookin accord (im talkin late 90's accord n late 90's bluebird)...both r deemed to b lousy on fuel

Don't name call if ur not gonna back it up with a proper explanation. Explain why.

ehh ?

ok fine...

1. "Ignorant" is not name calling for one <_< ( but still if you say it is name calling as the moderator, I'll take it back and my apologies goes to Newbie )

2. some people try to dis stuff just for the sake of dissing them.. they dont actualy have any logical grounds as in why they want to dis them... so they simply say "I dont like it" or what ever

3. "not enough cylinders" is then again a bit of a lame excuse for person who really doesnt know the technical side of something.. in simple english - the 3L V6 or the 2.4L motors are more than enough to drive that car.. or else as Newbie says they would have added more cylinders to the darn thing... so to rap it all up simply.. honda's are able to pour in more power with just a small engine ( now I'm not saying the other brands can not, as this is a Accord thread I'm only talking about Accords ) kabeesh ? 048: <_<

but please dont put me on the honda category cause I'm just tryng to view my point here.. :angry-smiley-