• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Information On Lancer Cs1

Harry (aq)

Hi,

I am looking to buy a manual sedan for my personal use. I am thinking of buying a Lancer CS1. Can someone educate me on the following details?

Is it a Low maintenance car? Is the maintenance cost high?

Hw is the availability of spare parts?

Hw is the ride comfort and driving experience of CS1? Hw much does it do on fuel?

What are my other options for a manual car for around Rs. 1.5Mil?

Thanks

sharing my experices...

yes. i only had to change ordinary stuff like wiper blades, fuses, bulbs, etc.

had no major issues until da timing belt broke! well that wasnt due to a fault in the car. it was pure bad luck & due to erronous past records i got from da prev owner.

make sure you replace da t-belt no matter how new it is if u happen to buy da car.

body parts are available in wijerama n places but its hard to find engine related parts. i guess da reason is it being a brand-new model. if u happen to go for a cedia, things would be better i suppose. (but then again ive heard cedia is not that good on fuel compared to the carb model)

Hw is the ride comfort and driving experience of CS1? Hw much does it do on fuel?

driving experince is really nice and ride comfort is decent. changed tires from 14R to 15R n still its good. on fuel, still it does 10km/l in town with ac on. (did a carb tune-up though)

i think ford laser, mazda 323 are around that range. anyway u can always chkout autolanka.com for that <_<

Regards,

ELNINO.

Edited by E L N I N O

sharing my experices...

yes. i only had to change ordinary stuff like wiper blades, fuses, bulbs, etc.

had no major issues until da timing belt broke! well that wasnt due to a fault in the car. it was pure bad luck & due to erronous past records i got from da prev owner.

make sure you replace da t-belt no matter how new it is if u happen to buy da car.

body parts are available in wijerama n places but its hard to find engine related parts. i guess da reason is it being a brand-new model. if u happen to go for a cedia, things would be better i suppose. (but then again ive heard cedia is not that good on fuel compared to the carb model)

driving experince is really nice and ride comfort is decent. changed tires from 14R to 15R n still its good. on fuel, still it does 10km/l in town with ac on. (did a carb tune-up though)

i think ford laser, mazda 323 are around that range. anyway u can always chkout autolanka.com for that <_<

Regards,

ELNINO.

Thank you ELNINO.

If you knw how does the fuel efficiency changes with the EFI and Carb models?

Thank you very much again.

Thank you ELNINO.

If you knw how does the fuel efficiency changes with the EFI and Carb models?

Thank you very much again.

machan i dunno da exact km per liter figures for a EFI model. but what ive heard of is GDI engines expect atleast 98 octane gasoline; but since we only find 95 here, they do not perform efficiently. so the consumption drops that of a carb model. anyway i dont think it will go below 8km/l.

cheers,

ELNINO.

machan i dunno da exact km per liter figures for a EFI model. but what ive heard of is GDI engines expect atleast 98 octane gasoline; but since we only find 95 here, they do not perform efficiently. so the consumption drops that of a carb model. anyway i dont think it will go below 8km/l.

cheers,

ELNINO.

Thanks mate.

But I heard only Cedia came with the GDI engine and because of that it doesnt do good fuel in SL. But CS1 Lancers came with either Carb or EFI engines. Do you knw anything about it?

Cheers

Harry(aq)

Thanks mate.

But I heard only Cedia came with the GDI engine and because of that it doesnt do good fuel in SL. But CS1 Lancers came with either Carb or EFI engines. Do you knw anything about it?

Cheers

Harry(aq)

umm thats new! i thot cs1's with efi ARE cedias! i believed gdi is da name they call 4 their efi technology :mellow:

umm thats new! i thot cs1's with efi ARE cedias! i believed gdi is da name they call 4 their efi technology :mellow:

Nope, GDI stands for Gasoline Direct Injection which IS an EFI system, but differs from standard (Multi-Point) EFI in that the fuel is directly injected into the combustion chamber of the cylinders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_direct_injection

Mitsubishi were the first japanese manufacturer to bring GDI to market, and GDI has generally been available only on cars that were for the japanese domestic market, and some models for the west.

We never got GDI on brand new vehicles in Sri Lanka AFAIK... the CS lancers DID come with carb and EFI variants, but the EFI was conventional Multi-Point injection, and not GDI.

The Lancer Cedia is actually the Japanese Domestic version of this generation of lancer, and all cars here were recon imports from japan, which is why They have the GDI system.

Hi,

I had a CS1 Lancer for little over 4 years and only thing which reqired replacement was the two front shoks, even the a/c was still on original gas after 6 years. I recenly bumped in to the fellow who brough the car and he had trouble free motoring for the last year.

CS1 is the 1300cc imported brand new by the company, you will find other varients imported from Japan and Singapore, I will recomend the brand new imports cos they are better suited for the local petrol. Most of the recon vehiles have GDI engines which have tendency to give trouble with age.

Fuel economy will be in the region of 10 km/l in the city and about 12 km/l outstation. Ride and handling is better than average and has better room than most of the other cars in the class.

Spareparts will be expensive from the local agent, but you will be able to find most of the parts outside.

You will not be able to find anything else of similar age for the same price.

Hi,

I had a CS1 Lancer for little over 4 years and only thing which reqired replacement was the two front shoks, even the a/c was still on original gas after 6 years. I recenly bumped in to the fellow who brough the car and he had trouble free motoring for the last year.

CS1 is the 1300cc imported brand new by the company, you will find other varients imported from Japan and Singapore, I will recomend the brand new imports cos they are better suited for the local petrol. Most of the recon vehiles have GDI engines which have tendency to give trouble with age.

Fuel economy will be in the region of 10 km/l in the city and about 12 km/l outstation. Ride and handling is better than average and has better room than most of the other cars in the class.

Spareparts will be expensive from the local agent, but you will be able to find most of the parts outside.

based on what you say it seems like a good car - its a shame really given that Cedia values are known not to hold up :mellow:

Hi,

Thanks mate.

Thank you very much for the info.