• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gocart Racing

Ian

The AMRC tarmac in Battaramulla is the only dedicated GoKarting venue afaik

heard its being revamped at present :unsure:

Thanks for the information. Do gocart events popular in sri lanka?

Edited by Ian

machan do u have any contact info? is it only for members or anybody can go there, hire a cart n race?

Should be open, with an option for a members only situ as well.

The guys know what they are doing so expect some good stuff.

Everyones waiting for it as we cannot have any other MFOC events there either lol :angry-smiley-024:

Actually i have been planning to open a indoor track for gocart events... i wanted to get done a market research. So i told some of my friends in SL about the idea. But it ended in smoke.

So do u guys think that there are people who are interested?

and

Would u guys help me to collect some information which will be required?

i'm sure we'll all be happy to help out

there are quite a few who are interested i recon...

if the fascilities are available there ought to be a few from this very forum who'd like to have a go at it every so often , providing the basics in terms of location , price , availability , convenience etc are right...

if the fascilities are available there ought to be a few from this very forum who'd like to have a go at it every so often , providing the basics in terms of location , price , availability , convenience etc are right...

Thanks bro.

As DZ has rightfully put it, it all comes down to money. as long as you can keep it affordable to a masses you should be ok. i have no intention of putting you off but just for your information we already had a similar failed project run by a local racing veteran

Actually i have been planning to open a indoor track for gocart events... i wanted to get done a market research. So i told some of my friends in SL about the idea. But it ended in smoke.

and

Ian,

Lots of the ground work is already done and we only need an investor ( Surprise surprise)

We have even visited India to see the Go Kart tracks there as a regional meet is also a possibility.

As my friends have mentioned it comes down to the investment.

The largest component in this venture is the land, as the location needs to be close to Colombo for this to really be viable.

If you are serious we can talk more on this as it is quite a potential area and now ( due to the recession) a good time to buy a decent plot of land.

We even looked at Grasskarting to start with, progressing to the proper racing karts as per FIA certification rules and guidelines.

cheers

and

sure...i'm all for helping start something that'll break the monotony of everyday life...god only knows how much we need more places of entertainment here.

sure...i'm all for helping start something that'll break the monotony of everyday life...god only knows how much we need more places of entertainment here.

Yes, very true :) Please... some one, any one start on this :alc:

Ian,

Lots of the ground work is already done and we only need an investor ( Surprise surprise)

We have even visited India to see the Go Kart tracks there as a regional meet is also a possibility.

As my friends have mentioned it comes down to the investment.

The largest component in this venture is the land, as the location needs to be close to Colombo for this to really be viable.

If you are serious we can talk more on this as it is quite a potential area and now ( due to the recession) a good time to buy a decent plot of land.

We even looked at Grasskarting to start with, progressing to the proper racing karts as per FIA certification rules and guidelines.

cheers

As you have mentioned in you post location of the Land is the major component for a project like this.

What do you think about the Gampaha area. If i am not mistaken it will be not more than 45minutes a drive from colombo.

Please Comment....

Cool scene... I would come with my friends every week as long as it is affordable!

As many of guys rightly pointed out - If it is affordable, many ppl wil come for sure

Yes,, that is what we are trying to make.

Make it affordable to anyone,, If not this project would have been launched months before

Rgds

As DZ has rightfully put it, it all comes down to money. as long as you can keep it affordable to a masses you should be ok. i have no intention of putting you off but just for your information we already had a similar failed project run by a local racing veteran

Yes. DZ is the first person who replied to my post. He even mentioned about the affordability as the key factor of atracting ppl to gocart events. I can asure you this wont b another failed project. B)

Mate! i know one Kart shop in India where I bought many items/spares very cheap.KnK Karts Goa.They manufacture more than 7-8 Kart models.The shop is run by one Mr singh,a very friendly guy.Hope this info helps .Need more ?

MINIACE

As you have mentioned in you post location of the Land is the major component for a project like this.

What do you think about the Gampaha area. If i am not mistaken it will be not more than 45minutes a drive from colombo.

Please Comment....

that might be too far i'm afraid

it'll be a novelty thing where some friends would go once every so many months for a round

have it in colombo , close to or in the city and i recon you'll have regulars coming in every single weekend in numbers

and make sure its not a fixed track so you remove the tires and rails every now and then and allow car clubs to organise autox and gymkhana events.

and dont do it in gampaha. i live closeby and i'll probably turn out to be your best customer :P but most things that open along kandy road don't really seem to have much success as something that was opened up in say battaramulla. you are probably better off finding a location central to galle road highlevel road and the kotte area

I'm told that the Colombo Pro-Kart Centre at Excel World was very successful, but had to be shut down due to ownership issues with the land, so the potential is definitely there. Fortunately for us, another venture is already under construction and should be ready within the next couple of months. :)