• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Problem After Overall Repair

maikk99

Hi all

I have a toyota carina diesle car with a 2C engine and recently an overall repair was done (including replacing new pistons, ringset etc..)

now there is an issue when starting the car when the engine is heated (i.e after about 45 mints travel)

in the morning it starts fine from the first attempt but when you run some distance the starter motor struggle to start it groan to turn

the battery is a new one so there is no issue with that

when i take to the garage who did the repair they told me that it is due to the fact that piston are new and due to the heat of the engine they siezed and the starter motor is not having the power to work them and with some 1000km this should be ok

but i doubt this

is there any comments for this

thanks

Mike

How much have u done after the repair.

If its at very early stage after the repair this may happen but that's why u season the engine.

Are the Pistons genuine?

Probably u will have to give bit more detials I am sure others will be able to shed more light then.

How much have u done after the repair.

If its at very early stage after the repair this may happen but that's why u season the engine.

Are the Pistons genuine?

Probably u will have to give bit more detials I am sure others will be able to shed more light then.

thanks tikiri

i have done less than 500Km after the repair. pistons are genuine

there is no overheating of the engine.the heat controls as usual. there is no oil burn out

the thing is in the morning when the engine is cool the starter motor cranks well

thanks for the help

mike

thanks mate

I got the starter motor services and now everything seems ok

BTW : does any one know a place which fix RPM meter problems. My RPM meter is not working at all

thanks

Get the Starter motor serviced and check the charging system