• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyres For 1.5e Vios

virensti

Hey everyone. My 2004 Vios has done 91,000 Km's now. and the front tyres are quite worn and the rear ones are REALLY worn! So i'm looking into put (slightly bigger) 185 tyres rather than the company spec 175. The tyre size is 185-65-R14 . So far i Have checked out Michellin (energy XM1), Bridgestone (Turanza) and the Pirelli (P6000). The prices for the Tyres are

Michellin XM1 - 16,100 Rs (with VAT. But if you purchase them from D*MO's they give 20% Discount so thats about 12,900Rs)

Bridgestone Turanza - 13,500 Rs

Pirelli P6000 - 11,400 Rs.

Which should i go for? Alot of people have recomended the Michelin's.. I'm looking for very high performance in both dry and wet.(specially because the vios understeers ALOT). And it has to be for this price range..(around 50,000 for all 4 Tyres).. So please help People. Reply ASAP!! :unsure: Thanks.. V

Hey everyone. My 2004 Vios has done 91,000 Km's now. and the front tyres are quite worn and the rear ones are REALLY worn! So i'm looking into put (slightly bigger) 185 tyres rather than the company spec 175. The tyre size is 185-65-R14 . So far i Have checked out Michellin (energy XM1), Bridgestone (Turanza) and the Pirelli (P6000). The prices for the Tyres are

Michellin XM1 - 16,100 Rs (with VAT. But if you purchase them from D*MO's they give 20% Discount so thats about 12,900Rs)

Which should i go for? Alot of people have recomended the Michelin's.. I'm looking for very high performance in both dry and wet.(specially because the vios understeers ALOT). And it has to be for this price range..(around 50,000 for all 4 Tyres).. So please help People. Reply ASAP!! :unsure: Thanks.. V

Try 195/60R14 for better performance.

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresiz2.html

Edited by jerryda

i know we call Fuzzo's one an FPS n all that , but lets not kid our selves ~ "understeer" ?! :o

pls don't take this the wrong way , but we've all been there at some pont - lots of enthusiasm n all that , but your not going to take to the track in a vios now are you , so take the sensible route - any mid range tire should be fine

hmmm you might be able to get some Nankangs or Hankooks that would fit well within you budget possibly

SK Munasinghe might have some Dunlops & A*W , Goodyears that might work - search the forums - there was a very detailed thread with pone numbers & prices marked

give Amila Tyre a call as well while your at it as well - decent deals there

Got Michelin XM1 Energy (185/70/R14) From D*MO for 12,000/- couple of months ago for my 121. previously used Pirellis but noisier when cruising along highways. Michelins were comfier when they new but expect little bouncier with the age.

you are in luck.. i just replaced all 4 of my tires.. i opted to go for falken. these were on the car when i got them.

the profile is 195/55/15. cost 10,800 from U&H at malay street. i highly recommend these tires. planning on going with falkens for the subaru too when the time is right

i know we call Fuzzo's one an FPS n all that , but lets not kid our selves ~ "understeer" ?! :o

pls don't take this the wrong way , but we've all been there at some pont - lots of enthusiasm n all that , but your not going to take to the track in a vios now are you , so take the sensible route - any mid range tire should be fine

hmmm you might be able to get some Nankangs or Hankooks that would fit well within you budget possibly

SK Munasinghe might have some Dunlops & A*W , Goodyears that might work - search the forums - there was a very detailed thread with pone numbers & prices marked

give Amila Tyre a call as well while your at it as well - decent deals there

lol i know what you mean. but i do like to push it really hard (when my dad's not in the car that is).. and trust me man it DOES understeer. it's really freaky the first couple of times when your coming outta a sharp corner and you floor it and the car just simply goes straight on sure took some time to get the feel of driving it..!! hehe yeah thats why i'm sticking to the ones i said. i called amila today and i was considering the Pirelli P6000 from them.. but alot of people said to go for the michelins cause they last longer..So i think the michelins it will be. anyways thanks for the advice man appreciate it alot =) TC

Got Michelin XM1 Energy (185/70/R14) From D*MO for 12,000/- couple of months ago for my 121. previously used Pirellis but noisier when cruising along highways. Michelins were comfier when they new but expect little bouncier with the age.

Oh thats great. i'll most probably be going for the michelins. How's the performance of the tyres? and there supposed to last for a really long time?? (yeah i know it depends on how you drive) but alot of people say it lasts really long. anyways thanks =)

you are in luck.. i just replaced all 4 of my tires.. i opted to go for falken. these were on the car when i got them.

the profile is 195/55/15. cost 10,800 from U&H at malay street. i highly recommend these tires. planning on going with falkens for the subaru too when the time is right

hmmm i'll check into the falkens man thanks =) so far was set on getting the Michelins. But i'll see =) Thanks TC

Oh thats great. i'll most probably be going for the michelins. How's the performance of the tyres? and there supposed to last for a really long time?? (yeah i know it depends on how you drive) but alot of people say it lasts really long. anyways thanks =)

Michelin XM1s are targeted mostly on fuel economy and comfort. that doesn't mean it's bad on performance. certainly it will last longer than pirellis but lot depend on way how you drive.

Michelin XM1s are targeted mostly on fuel economy and comfort. that doesn't mean it's bad on performance. certainly it will last longer than pirellis but lot depend on way how you drive.

Thanks everyone for the help. Bought the Michelins today from D*MO's. :)