• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Legacy B4 Or Carina Gt A Good Car??

turboholic

hey guys... in the market for a Subi B4 99-02 or carina GT?? i know the b4 is faster but how about spares & fuel consumption. ?? cheers guys..

Hey man, I strongly reccomend the legacy, it might not be as economical as the carina (awd and bigger engine) but in performance wise its brilliant, handles like a beauty and it FLIES! go for the legacy machang, much better than a carina. :D

hey guys... in the market for a Subi B4 99-02 or carina GT?? i know the b4 is faster but how about spares & fuel consumption. ?? cheers guys..

why not Carina GT since you concern about spares and fuel consumption, it's a fast car and no two words not as fast as a B4 but in most SL roads in day to day driving b4 wouldn't make much of a difference, unless otherwise you have plans for drags

why not Carina GT since you concern about spares and fuel consumption, it's a fast car and no two words not as fast as a B4 but in most SL roads in day to day driving b4 wouldn't make much of a difference, unless otherwise you have plans for drags

Day to day the B4 should make a big difference. Its a much bigger, more luxurious car. I wouldn't know about the comfort factor since they (B4 and CGT) are both at least performance oriented, but the Legacy should be a far more pampered experience than a Carina.

cheers again guys!... now the trick is finding a good b4.. lol.

There are two cars listed on the AL site both Turbo and Auto, Black one looks good.

As mentioned previously these two cars are worlds apart, But the features on the B4 is by far much more superior than the Carina. I would say its almost in par with some of the European top end cars like the BMW 3 series. Being a little bias here.. :)

But it can be expensive on the maintenence let alone the fuel.

This is the reason the car is reletively cheap, For abount 22 to 23 you will never find another car with 265bhp, AWD, All 4 Disk Brakes, electric genuine leather seats, twin turbo, intercooled, climate control AC, steering shift.. the list goes on...

Forget resale... Just Ride Man !!!

There are two cars listed on the AL site both Turbo and Auto, Black one looks good.

As mentioned previously these two cars are worlds apart, But the features on the B4 is by far much more superior than the Carina. I would say its almost in par with some of the European top end cars like the BMW 3 series. Being a little bias here.. :)

But it can be expensive on the maintenence let alone the fuel.

This is the reason the car is reletively cheap, For abount 22 to 23 you will never find another car with 265bhp, AWD, All 4 Disk Brakes, electric genuine leather seats, twin turbo, intercooled, climate control AC, steering shift.. the list goes on...

Forget resale... Just Ride Man !!!

i see the black one every morning in rush hour traffic whilst heading into town - its driven a little hard at times ,but it MOVES :)

wasn't the blue one at a car sale on Sunthradevi Mw not too long ago? or was that car on a GV plate? :unsure:

both were blue with painted on black alloys & yellow callipers... :mellow:

For abount 22 to 23 you will never find another car with 265bhp, AWD, All 4 Disk Brakes, electric genuine leather seats, twin turbo, intercooled, climate control AC, steering shift.. the list goes on...

The manual is quicker but this is a whole heck of a lotta fun.. :D

i see the black one every morning in rush hour traffic whilst heading into town - its driven a little hard at times ,but it MOVES :)

wasn't the blue one at a car sale on Sunthradevi Mw not too long ago? or was that car on a GV plate? :unsure:

both were blue with painted on black alloys & yellow callipers... :mellow:

The condition of the car @ sunethradevi was not very good, but not sure if this is the same car.

The Black seems to be having some difficulty in finding a new home, its been on the classifieds for ever so long.... But looks well maintained.

The condition of the car @ sunethradevi was not very good, but not sure if this is the same car.

The Black seems to be having some difficulty in finding a new home, its been on the classifieds for ever so long.... But looks well maintained.

yeah your right , that seemed a tired car :(

The Black seems nice , but as i recall the price & the mileage were both a little on the high side... :mellow:

Yeah manuals got more hp as well... They say the steering shift is F1 inspired and all that Jazz but if so how come its slower than the manuals ?

well for starters its 15BHP down on the manual & i get the feeling the steering shift business was mostly for effect...but a nice touch none the less..

anyone has any idea as to roughly how much the twin turbo wud do on fuel.. i know the manual will do better.. just freakin hard to find a manual. couldnt your control the fuel consumption with a good avc-r and tune up?? cheerz guys!..

from what i've heard i've been led to not expect much

5 kmpl in city traffic with highs in the 7 kmpl region in realistic lankan conditions is about the average , but first hand users will have more accurate figures i recon

5 kmpl in city traffic with highs in the 7 kmpl region in realistic lankan conditions is about the average , but first hand users will have more accurate figures i recon

My friends single turbo legazy doing 7 to 8KMPL in city (95 oct with some octane boost)

Mine does a constant 6.5 to 7 ( With 95 and No Octain boost added ) Guess will do little over 7 with boost. The car is mostly drived without any passanges thus lesser weight.

Outstation it is around 7.5