• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mahamagata Pansil

K dudes, this is a site started by some friends of mine (and they used one of my photos for the banner :) ). You'll need sinhala unicode installed to read it (instructions on how to install on the site if you don't have it.)

http://www.mahamagatapansil.org/

Guess its something everyone can use. Like I said, its mostly done in sinhala (so sorry Shak) but I guess they have a specific audience in mind. However, it is a great initiative, so I thought it should be publicized. Drop in, have a look, leave your thoughts.

bit ironic that the banner-picture on a "drive with diciplince" site has a car crossing a double line and driving on the complete opposite lane :P

Maybe the image was mirrored using photo-shop.... Nah.. the arrows on the road do not fit into that theory..

Peri the Topic put me off earlier cos I couldn't quite figure out what it was, but now having read what they are saying I am impressed.

But my problem with them is how many people will adhere to this? Its like I can drive carefully but what about the others, you can be very careful with your car but what if some idiot who doesnt care a thing about courtesy comes and knock you or become a traffic maker?

I think they should really take it around the country and speak to people about this.

About speeding small example., I was compelled to drive quite slowly on Monday morning due to to heavy rain, I left home at my normal time, but got to office maybe 10 minutes late than usual but I cant complain.

OT: does any of you guys go past the Talahena Police Station? If you do did you notice the disfigured maruti?

Sorry, I saw this, but couldn't respond at the time

btw nice pic peri...hope you got paid for that B)

Nah. Friends :) Besides, worthy cause. They did give me photo creds tho :) See the link right at the bottom of the page?

Peri the Topic put me off earlier cos I couldn't quite figure out what it was, but now having read what they are saying I am impressed.

But my problem with them is how many people will adhere to this? Its like I can drive carefully but what about the others, you can be very careful with your car but what if some idiot who doesnt care a thing about courtesy comes and knock you or become a traffic maker?

I think they should really take it around the country and speak to people about this.

About speeding small example., I was compelled to drive quite slowly on Monday morning due to to heavy rain, I left home at my normal time, but got to office maybe 10 minutes late than usual but I cant complain.

OT: does any of you guys go past the Talahena Police Station? If you do did you notice the disfigured maruti?

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. :) Yes, they are just starting out, and it will not happen over night, but someone has started, and if it gathers support, who knows? In the mean time, everyone who can support it adds one more to the total, and spreading the word adds more. You never know how far it'll get, but it needs a start somewhere to get anywhere.

very nice concept...hope they make it widely available,and it goes beyond the internet soon

Heard a presenter on a sinhala radio station speaking about these 5 adherances this morning.. hopefully the concept will gather steam.