• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Window Tint

thusithasam

I did 3m at Kleenpark. Yes it is expensive than darley road but 3m is quality stuff and clean and nice work at kleenpark.

Yep, i did the 3M thing, and it is high quality. No comparison with the darley road stuff.

just a quick one... so for the front wind sheild.. do they have a clear guard or somwthing which suppose to block UV and reduce heat..

For block the heat they have 3M Crystalline which works really good. I did to my windscreen couple of years back and it cost me Rs9500 only for the windscreen. But its good value for money.

For block the heat they have 3M Crystalline which works really good. I did to my windscreen couple of years back and it cost me Rs9500 only for the windscreen. But its good value for money.

machang care to elaborate how this is good value for money?????? does this minimize the use of A/C thus reducing the fuel consumption?????

machang care to elaborate how this is good value for money?????? does this minimize the use of A/C thus reducing the fuel consumption?????

it will not eliminate the need of using the ac, but will contribute towards keeping the interior cooler, than with normal normal tints.

Still we need the ac but I have seen a noticeable different values on the fuel bill as after the tint I only use the cooler control up to 30% and its more than enough as the direct sunlight heat is not getting inside the car. I used 75% to 100% before the tint. Car was a Vios.

Still we need the ac but I have seen a noticeable different values on the fuel bill as after the tint I only use the cooler control up to 30% and its more than enough as the direct sunlight heat is not getting inside the car. I used 75% to 100% before the tint. Car was a Vios.

hmm.... interesting. any idea how much roughly you are saving????

You can save fuel by adjusting the cooler setting??? Less work on the AC compressor ?

Hmmm..... someone would like to clarify this pls.

bit confused on this...

AFAIK, either 30% or 100% the compressor would be turned on the same amount (its either on or off) ... its jsut the blower speed thats different, right? And i seriously dubt this change in blower speed is significant enough to show a difference in fuel consumption figures...

The only logic i can think of is that once the desired tempreature is reached the AC cuts off automatically, but considering the heat in Sri Lanka and the limited area that the windshild covers (of the total cabin area exposed to sunlight) it seems insignificant.

hmm.... interesting. any idea how much roughly you are saving????

i guess it'll depend on the periods of usage of the car.. if you keep the car parked in the sun and do only very small drives back and forth you probably wont notice much cos the car would have collected more heat while parked and each time u start driving the AC has to start cooling from the higer tempreature.., but if its a significantly long drive it might be a bit more. Still nothing too much IMO.

You can save fuel by adjusting the cooler setting??? Less work on the AC compressor ?

Hmmm..... someone would like to clarify this pls.

Exactly.. this is bit easy on Cars equipped with climate controls. let's say that if you set the inside car Temp setting for 25 Celsius, then the compressor get cuts off when the evaporator coil reach that temperature inside the car. this will work other way around if the outside temperature goes lower than 25 celsius (in places like Nuwara eliya) then the Actuator for the Heater coil opened and inside temperature will be balanced. some climate control equipped cars got Solar sensors as well.

i guess it'll depend on the periods of usage of the car.. if you keep the car parked in the sun and do only very small drives back and forth you probably wont notice much cos the car would have collected more heat while parked and each time u start driving the AC has to start cooling from the higer tempreature.., but if its a significantly long drive it might be a bit more. Still nothing too much IMO.

yes i know it's a very vague question. i was thinking more in the lines of the number of liters he's saving now say per month or the increment in km/l figure.

anyway can one of the tech gurus please confirm dili's theory on the AC controller having no effect on the workload of the compressor.

bit confused on this...

AFAIK, either 30% or 100% the compressor would be turned on the same amount (its either on or off) ... its jsut the blower speed thats different, right? And i seriously dubt this change in blower speed is significant enough to show a difference in fuel consumption figures...

Machan, When I said cooler control I didn't mean the blower speed control. The blower speed control doesn't make any difference on the compressor. (in some vehicles when you set the blower to higher value the comp will work continuously)

What I meant was the cool level control. As all the cars have a control which you use for cool to heater the Vios have only cool control and doesn't have a heater. When you reduce the cool level the comp will cut off according to that. Specially in nights I set only for about 20% and the comp will work only for few seconds for every few minutes and the cool is enough for night.