• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rattling Noise During Acceleration

Chris0628

Did you check your engine mounts ? It should be coming from the engine. but better to check.

Engine mount was replaced abt 2 weeks back & it was running very smoothly..... only thing i changed after that was Alloys & Tyres....

Hi Bro

if you have checked all the things mentioned, including diff/ gearbox oil, pls check ancillaries in engine ( compressor, idlers,water pump etc)

otherwise, it could be your big end bearings or something else on the engine ( hope not)

have you changed the engine oil on time

Hi Bro

if you have checked all the things mentioned, including diff/ gearbox oil, pls check ancillaries in engine ( compressor, idlers,water pump etc)

otherwise, it could be your big end bearings or something else on the engine ( hope not)

have you changed the engine oil on time

Hi,

i changed the timing belt, oil seals, engine oil, ATF & replaced rear shocks & swing arm bushes during the past few weeks.. :-) and it was running superbly...

as for the alloys.... well this noise was there (a little) before the alloys was changed also....

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys... i took the car to Stafford motors... it was a timing issue & they adjusted it free of charge.... now it runs well :-)

thanks everyone

I guess, Valve lash/tappet adjustment :D

Had the same issue after a head gasket replacement...

Edited by shanX

hi guys... i took the car to Stafford motors... it was a timing issue & they adjusted it free of charge.... now it runs well :-)

thanks everyone

So it was knocking/pinging due to pre-ignition (bad timing). It could even have been bad gas in your tank causing that. A lower octane than the engine is tuned for will cause this. Glad you got it fixed before it messed up your internals. Edited by MeanGreenZ28