• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Harley Davidson Test Ride

HardHat

I have never been much of a fan of these Yankee horses, but a collegue persuaded me to a test ride.

I must confess, I liked it and it's kindda growing on me

this is a FXDF Dyna Fat Bob

looking good in matt black and lots of chrome

p1030915y.jpgw1280.png

1584cc of raw power in a remarkeably balanced V Twin

p1030901f.jpgw2048.png

my hottest ride ever to the beach

p1030919.jpgw1280.png

against another icon of American mussle

p1040003d.jpgw1280.png

Edited by HardHat

I arrived at work on this and it was an instant hit with everyone - especially the chicks ;) this one of all Harleys have got quite a thundering beat

but the most rewarding was the attention recived from other Harley riders. Every one of them I met on the way would flash headlights or wave. A stop at a traffic light or gas station is a quick exchange of thumbs up, admiration of each others bikes and sometimes an invitation to stop at one of the bikers' hangouts for a cool beverage

a few things I learnt very quickly.

1) when stationry, put both feet on the ground and keep the bike perfectly vertical. A slight lean would drag the bike all the way to the ground

2) take the foot off the foot pegs for braking, if you wanna do it effectively

3) when going through a corner you cannot counter balance by shifting your body weight - just lean into the corner no matter how scary it may be