• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Interest In A Al Ps3 Gt-5 Prologue Racing League?

Mani

What do you boys think about it?

May be a little challenging logistically being that we are spread out throughout the world with different time zones. If we can iron out the details and get consensus on one day a week, possibly on a weekend, to meet online and have few friendly races.

My initial thought is for us to pick a track and meet there and have at it. We can decide on a point system for 1st, 2nd & 3rd relative to AL members. At the end of the racing season, which we can also decide on how long, and have an award for the top 3. The awards can be what ever we feel comfortable with.

If you're interested, post up your gamer tag and a time that will work for you [sL time]. We can tally up the totals in few days and see if this is feasible.

That said, my PS3 tag is DDRRIIFFTT

Edited by Mani

i'm in bro...:rolleyes: my id is dillongt :yahoo: What do you have in your GT5 garage...lol :D

hey bro...sent you a friend request

i have just 12 cars cos didnt do much racing since i passed the A grade licence...the evo x and the ford gt are my fave's...having a tough time controlling the GTR though

The garage is packed full with every car that can be bought :)

Any particular track you guys are fund of?

i'm pretty decent on fuji speedway and suzuka...hate the eiger nordwand,just cant keep the rhythem going when i come to it's hairpins...lol..

Edited by MasterDon

GT 1, 2 ,3 4 player here :)

but unfortunately i dont own a PS3 to play GT5 :(

im a GT fan since i owned a PS back in 1999 and i dont want to boast but still as what others says im good at playing GT, have acquired all the license in GT4 so u guyz must be knowing how hard it is to..

anyways a fabulous idea like our GOSL's but sadly no infrastructure to support :( wish i had a rich uncle who can gift me a PS3 for my bday..

any guyz got ideas to host a lan party in AL?? with some multi player car racing?? madz??

If we do this right, peer pressure might prevail :D

u name any track i'm in bro... :rolleyes: ...but i don't wanna race with f1's :unsure: hey zeem 35 i have gt 1,2,3,4 i can play with you... ;)

Dillon and Don, do you know if there is a way to set-up a racing league within GT-5 for just the AL members? I spent a little time browsing the official GT-5 site with not much luck.

hey machan i'm online now hwere are you guys.... :unsure:

**Off-topic re Gran Turismo, but still within multiplayer gaming :P

Have a go at

http://www.lfs.net/

You can download the demo version [its PC only, and dont require high end computing power] from the site; demo got 3 cars (2 standard road cars + Formula BMW and a 2 track combo). Full version requires £24 pounds, I know its kinda tough but that was the best £24 I ever spent. Have a go at demo and see if you like it. Whilst single player is available, all the fun is at online multiplayer racing.

Some vids :)

I'm blatantly promoting this game as I've been pretty much addicted to it since I've started. Its pretty much low-key, as it is not a arcarde-style game like NFs, but rather a racing simulator. Its still a WIP, and we're waiting for the VW Scirocco. Have a go and see for yourself! :)

Nice game. I'll give a go with the trial version. GT-5 is tough to coordinate with friends. Tried with Don and Dillon and only managed one race with Dillon. Too much effort for the resulting fun :(

Another great simulator is RFactor http://www.rfactor.net

Sadly this game requires a bit of processing power but it's a lot of fun and I think the physics are very good.

I've seen bunch of guys from GB, AU and FR racing as a group in GT-5. Need to figure out the details and see if there is a simpler way for friends to meet online.

Dillon, good race mate, albeit a short one :)

hey machan i'm online now hwere are you guys.... :unsure:

hey dillon thanks for adding me mate!

yep tried to get matched in to the same race with mani...but to no avail...sadness!...maybe cos of the differant time zones...dont worry guys i heard there was a patch that can enable us to get matched in one race...i'm lookin in to it asap...together we shall prevail!

in the mean time any of yous have grand theft auto 4 or Hawx?...we can have private battles with those two :)

If there is a patch to do that, this game will be that much better.

December 1 is the release date for GT-5 and it looks like they are including those features. Some great cars and tracks. Should be exiting.

Don, I'll look around as well and see if the patch can be had now. If it's online, we'll find it :)

For now, some trailers of the full version. :alc:

hey dillon thanks for adding me mate!

yep tried to get matched in to the same race with mani...but to no avail...sadness!...maybe cos of the differant time zones...dont worry guys i heard there was a patch that can enable us to get matched in one race...i'm lookin in to it asap...together we shall prevail!

in the mean time any of yous have grand theft auto 4 or Hawx?...we can have private battles with those two :)

no probs bro any time.... ;)

Nice game. I'll give a go with the trial version. GT-5 is tough to coordinate with friends. Tried with Don and Dillon and only managed one race with Dillon. Too much effort for the resulting fun :(

Another great simulator is RFactor http://www.rfactor.net

Sadly this game requires a bit of processing power but it's a lot of fun and I think the physics are very good.

I've seen bunch of guys from GB, AU and FR racing as a group in GT-5. Need to figure out the details and see if there is a simpler way for friends to meet online.

Dillon, good race mate, albeit a short one :)

hey bro ... that was a very close run... :action-smiley-035: you have some skills :action-smiley-033: .... lets meet up again during the weekend and thanx for the call.. ;)

For sure Dillon, we got to meet at the Suzuka or Fuji expert class so we can race for more than 2 laps. :)

Let's hook up again this weekend and see if we can coordinate.

Don, I think you and I had an issue because my system time and date was wrong.

For sure Dillon, we got to meet at the Suzuka or Fuji expert class so we can race for more than 2 laps. :)

Let's hook up again this weekend and see if we can coordinate.

Don, I think you and I had an issue because my system time and date was wrong.

yep let's have a session this weekend...i'm in!...suzuka or fuji is ok with me too :)

Edited by MasterDon

Machan, I'll be logged in most of the day today. You are 12:30 hours ahead of both Dilan and me.

How about Suzuka expert level? That'll give us 10 lap races rather than the 2 you get with others. Unfortunately we'll have to get in with everyone else. Do you have a Skyp or an instant messaging system? Will be easier to communicate than within the game.

My Skype is Mani Jayasinghe in Encino

AOL IM is SupraRacing

G-mail is [email protected]

Edited by Mani

• 2 weeks later...

wow.. this seems like soo much fun.. sigh I wish I had a ps3 with GT-5 Prologue and a fast enough internet connection to play online... I've played GT's 1-4 as well.. (have finished GT-4 100%) and would love to meet up with anyone for some friendly challenges on GT4 :rolleyes: I doubt that'll happen with the new GT coming out next year huh :(

• 2 months later...

guys...i recently bought the ford GT LM race car(black car) and i am having some trouble controlling it...it is almost impossible take any turn without the back sliding out...sometimes you only have to brake and the thing just wobbles and fish tails,i've tried various suspension and brake balance setups,to no avail...mani,dilan and others...whats the tune set up you have on that car(for suzuka)?...would appreciate the help coz even the newbies are beating me now.

and whats up with you two?you both havent been online for nearly a month

darn it!!! this is so unfair :( went from the ps2 to the 360 for better graphics on better online gameplay and here you guys are rocking it with the ps3 :(

must collect some moolah for a used 3 off ebay or summin

btw...

slightly OT

any thought on NFS shift??? worth the $60 odd??? dont have no racing games on me 360! got NFS MW but that's a tad too old now