• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Used Assembled Car Manufacturer

ravisam

There is a used vehicle parts assembly company in a BOI zone. They sell vehicles of around 13 years old but, unregistered in Sri Lankan market. I am interested to buy from them if RMV does the registration. Is anyone aware of registration of these vehicles? :action-smiley-060:

There is a used vehicle parts assembly company in a BOI zone. They sell vehicles of around 13 years old but, unregistered in Sri Lankan market. I am interested to buy from them if RMV does the registration. Is anyone aware of registration of these vehicles? :action-smiley-060:

One of my friend's bought a locally assembled Toyota Corolla 121 from a BOI registered company like this an year ago and still he couldn't get the registration from RMV.

I use a 110 assembled by them, thus far no issues from vehicle as they replace stuff like CV joints and all before delivery. Problem with registration is that they got the nod to register only a the first lot, they have been registering the next few batches after taking the govt institutions to court. I dont know what happened to the latest batch though, my car was unreg for almost one year. but now everything is ok.

problem has popped again....

One of my friends bought a vehicle and couldn't register it. so he said he jsut did a gimmick to register it...

im not sure aobut that gimmick thing..

but only i can say is RMV won't let u to register it easily...

• 2 weeks later...
It does not matter.It will get some more time.

I seriously doubt that this "some" time will be infinity ;) with the new amendments of the motor traffic act and this company loosing the political backing they had..

Edited by harshansenadhir

• 2 months later...
has anyone tried reselling these cars?

I asked from RMV regarding the registration. They said; two baches were registered due to court order, if new order issued with relevant chassis number they will do it. But who knows when court order comes?