• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modifying Maruti 800 & Alto

Ek3

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't these Maruti-haters differentiate A M800 from an Alto?

By the way, I wanted only Miyuru Daminda to read the Autocar India article about Maruti Alto.

A stock Maruti Alto with maximum power of 47bhp is a safe car as long as it is driven within its abilities.

Now it's time to close this thread or to move it to another section and rename it "The MARUTI BASHING thread".

The original topic starter question is already given a definitive answer, i.e. A Maruti 800 is not worth modifying.

any car is safe mate when driven with its limits... :rolleyes:

Final verdict given! Hereafter no one needs to cry over Maruti's lack of safety. :lol:

well we must inform euroncap and other safety related regulatory bodies about this verdict .. So safety and safety standards need not be in place since all motorists driving within limits.. Guys are we traveling back in time towards the days where there were no safety standards and 50 kmph accident means deaths

I repeat. No need to cry over Maruti's lack of safety. This is Sri Lanka. A country where even wearing of seatbelts is not properly enforced yet.

leave infamous "this is sri lanka" excuse mate, everyone does crap and come up with this lay excuse this is sri lanka. I agree as a country we lack safety standards and this is not only applies to maruti. But do look around to see how many lives we loose in the present and future work force of this country due to this. Why i'm stressing on safety is non other than i saved my life thanks to the car i was driving when i met with an accident and that car of course i bought paying more or less same amount i would've paid for a maruti. You never know when you encounter an accident and that does not leave you out saying this is sri lanka or driving within its limits crap. I think its even better if we had safety tests on vehicles before entering the market as sooner high ways will be around.

Edited by harshansenadhir

leave infamous "this is sri lanka" excuse mate, everyone does crap and come up with this lay excuse this is sri lanka. I agree as a country we lack safety standards and this is not only applies to maruti. But do look around to see how many lives we loose in the present and future work force of this country due to this. Why i'm stressing on safety is non other than i saved my life thanks to the car i was driving when i met with an accident and that car of course i bought paying more or less same amount i would've paid for a maruti. You never know when you encounter an accident and that does not leave you out saying this is sri lanka or driving within its limits crap. I think its even better if we had safety tests on vehicles before entering the market as sooner high ways will be around.

well said harshan... may i ask what car it was that you just mentioned having an accident in? hope it wasnt too serious...

and samishka, you arent really proving anything mate, beyond the fact that you appear to have your head in the sand, so do yourself a favour and consider the matter closed. Nobody on this thread is going to come around to your way of thinking, so accept that and move on.

well said harshan... may i ask what car it was that you just mentioned having an accident in? hope it wasnt too serious...

well its the 406 and why i didn't mention it esp in this thread is this car doesn't need cheap marketing tricks or whatsoever :) lol jk.

happened in the night when i was doing at a bit speed close to 120 and to see an oncoming car turned to a by road without indicating and half way he decided to stop across the road after seeing me approaching.(later told me he stepped on the brakes after he saw me and before turning he didn't see me) Tried level best to cut left and avoid. And bingo i managed to avoid but ended hitting a car parked aside in not less than 3 secs. Thank god i had a habit of buckling up and nose of the car is so long. So here i am managed to escape even without a single bruise. Car still under going repairs since i didn't want to condemn it :)

Edited by harshansenadhir

well its the 406 and why i didn't mention it esp in this thread is this car doesn't need cheap marketing tricks or whatsoever :) lol jk.

happened in the night when i was doing at a bit speed close to 120 and to see an oncoming car turned to a by road without indicating and half way he decided to stop across the road after seeing me approaching.(later told me he stepped on the brakes after he saw me and before turning he didn't see me) Tried level best to cut left and avoid. And bingo i managed to avoid but ended hitting a car parked aside in not less than 3 secs. Thank god i had a habit of buckling up and nose of the car is so long. So here i am managed to escape even without a single bruise. Car still under going repairs since i didn't want to condemn it :)

OMG crash @ 120. happy to heard that you are safe.

I'm 100% sure if ur in a maruti, you are finish. BTW u can't have a crash @ 120 in M800 because it is hard to reach that speed.

My friend's Allion faced to a accident with canter truck @ 130kph. He only had few scratches.

Since I know that my Alto is not that much safe, my normal speed is 60-70 even i can cross 120+. However if, other vehicle crash in to me, i dnt have a option :(

and samishka, you arent really proving anything mate, beyond the fact that you appear to have your head in the sand, so do yourself a favour and consider the matter closed. Nobody on this thread is going to come around to your way of thinking, so accept that and move on.

WHO SAID I WANTED TO CHANGE YOUR WAY OF THINKING?

I WAS ONLY SAFEGUARDING SENTIMENTS OF MARUTI OWNERS (READ MARUTI ALTO), WHEN A BUNCH OF "JEREMY CLARKSON WANNA-BE'S" GOES ON A MARUTI BASHING SPREE.

WITH A TEAM ATTACKING A SOLITARY PERSON,ITS EASY FOR YOU TO SAY THAT I HAVE BURIED MY HEAD IN THE SAND. ALL OF YOU TOO SEEMS TO BE DOING THE EXACT THING BY IGNORING MARUTIS' STRENGHTHS (WHICH AMOUNTS TO ROUGHLY 70%) AND EMPHASISING ON ITS WEAKNESSES (ROUGHLY 30%.) AND CALLING MARUTIS ARE 100% BAD.

BY THE WAY START READING AUTOCAR INDIA INSTEAD OF AUTOCAR UK.

FINALLY WHAT YOU ALL COULD PROVE IS THAT ANY TYPE OF BRAND NEW MARUTI IS NOT WORTH ITS 1 MILLION PLUS PRICE TAG. DID I SAY ANYONE TO GO ON AND BOOK A B/NEW MARUTI?

NO! I JUST WANTED CURRENT MARUTI OWNERS LIKE MIYURU DAMINDA TO NOT TO LOSE THEIR FAITH ON THEIR MARUTIS.

SEE THE VERY FIRST ANSWER IN THIS THREAD. INSTEAD OF GIVING A SENSIBLE ANSWER THAT PERSON GOES ON TO SAY "please do it so i can laugh at you".

EVEN AFTER IT WAS EVIDENT THAT IT IS NOT FEASIBLE TO MODIFY A M800 INTO A TRUE PERFORMANCE CAR, THESE GUYS GO ON AND ON MAKING HARSH COMMENTS ON NOT ONLY MARUTIS BUT ANYTHING INDIAN.

WHILE MOST OF THE PARTICIPANTS OF THIS FORUM, INCLUDING "EK3" HAS GIVEN MODERATE UNBIASED COMMENTS, A HANDFUL OF PARTICIPANTS DRAGGED THIS FORUM WITH ONE AFTER ANOTHER CONTINUOUSLY ARGUING WITH ME.

I HAVE ALREADY STOPPED ARGUING IN THIS THREAD 2 DAYS AGO. HOWEVER I WANTED ALTO OWNER MIYURU DAMINDA TO HAVE A LOOK AT AN UNBIASED REVIEW ABOUT MARUTI ALTO. THEN THE SAME PERSON WHO LOVES TO LAUGH AT MODIFIED MARUTIS, COMES ON AND SAY "OT alert!". WHILE MIYURU HAS GOT THE PROPER ANSWER, IT WAS THE MEMBERS OF THAT PARTICULAR "MARUTI BASHING TEAM" WHO AGAIN STARTED BEATING ABOUT THE BUSH.

NO POINT OF A SINGLE PERSON CONFRONTNG AROUND HALF-A-DOZEN GUYS, WHO SEEM TO BE WATCHING BBC TOP GEAR AND LEARNT THE "JEREMY CLARKSON WAY OF THINKING".

FINALLY AGAIN I POINT OUT THAT WITH MAJORITY OF MARUTI OWNERS DRIVING THEIR CARS DEFENSIVELY AND ALSO WITHIN THEIR CARS' LIMITS THEY DON'T WORRY ABOUT LACK OF SOPHISTICATED SAFETY FEATURES. AGAIN I SAY THIS IS SRI LANKA, WHERE THERE ARE MANY THINGS TO DO IN IMPROVING SAFETY OF ROAD USERS, OTHER THAN MAKING COMPULSORY FOR CARS TO HAVE ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES.

REMEMBER FATAL ACCIDENTS DO NOT ALWAYS INVOLVE A MARUTI.

FURTHER IT IS SAID "A competent driver is the best safety feature in any vehicle".

MARUTI OWNERS INCLUDING MIYURU, BETTER KEEP OFF FROM THIS THREAD, OR YOUR SENTIMENTS WILL GET HURT.

ALWAYS SEEK UN-BIASED, SENSIBLE ADVISE REGARDING YOUR CAR.

I'M LEAVING THIS THREAD NOT TO RETURN, SINCE IT IS NOW UNDER STRONGHOLD OF THAT PARTICULAR "MARUTI BASHING TEAM" TO EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS.

SINCE THE TOPIC STARTER QUESTION (REGARDING M800) HAS GOT A DEFINITIVE ANSWER NO POINT OF DRAGGING FURTHER.

WISHING ALL HAPPY AND SAFE MOTORING!

:bye:

SEE THE VERY FIRST ANSWER IN THIS THREAD. INSTEAD OF GIVING A SENSIBLE ANSWER THAT PERSON GOES ON TO SAY "please do it so i can laugh at you".

EVEN AFTER IT WAS EVIDENT THAT IT IS NOT FEASIBLE TO MODIFY A M800 INTO A TRUE PERFORMANCE CAR, THESE GUYS GO ON AND ON MAKING HARSH COMMENTS ON NOT ONLY MARUTIS BUT ANYTHING INDIAN.

WHILE MOST OF THE PARTICIPANTS OF THIS FORUM, INCLUDING "EK3" HAS GIVEN MODERATE UNBIASED COMMENTS, A HANDFUL OF PARTICIPANTS DRAGGED THIS FORUM WITH ONE AFTER ANOTHER CONTINUOUSLY ARGUING WITH ME.

I HAVE ALREADY STOPPED ARGUING IN THIS THREAD 2 DAYS AGO. HOWEVER I WANTED ALTO OWNER MIYURU DAMINDA TO HAVE A LOOK AT AN UNBIASED REVIEW ABOUT MARUTI ALTO. THEN THE SAME PERSON WHO LOVES TO LAUGH AT MODIFIED MARUTIS, COMES ON AND SAY "OT alert!". WHILE MIYURU HAS GOT THE PROPER ANSWER, IT WAS THE MEMBERS OF THAT PARTICULAR "MARUTI BASHING TEAM" WHO AGAIN STARTED BEATING ABOUT THE BUSH.

NO POINT OF A SINGLE PERSON CONFRONTNG AROUND HALF-A-DOZEN GUYS, WHO SEEM TO BE WATCHING BBC TOP GEAR AND LEARNT THE "JEREMY CLARKSON WAY OF THINKING".

FINALLY AGAIN I POINT OUT THAT WITH MAJORITY OF MARUTI OWNERS DRIVING THEIR CARS DEFENSIVELY AND ALSO WITHIN THEIR CARS' LIMITS THEY DON'T WORRY ABOUT LACK OF SOPHISTICATED SAFETY FEATURES. AGAIN I SAY THIS IS SRI LANKA, WHERE THERE ARE MANY THINGS TO DO IN IMPROVING SAFETY OF ROAD USERS, OTHER THAN MAKING COMPULSORY FOR CARS TO HAVE ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES.

FURTHER IT IS SAID "A competent driver is the best safety feature in any vehicle".

MARUTI OWNERS INCLUDING MIYURU, BETTER KEEP OFF FROM THIS THREAD, OR YOUR SENTIMENTS WILL GET HURT.

I'M LEAVING THIS THREAD NOT TO RETURN, SINCE IT IS NOW UNDER STRONGHOLD OF THAT PARTICULAR "MARUTI BASHING TEAM" TO EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS.

SINCE THE TOPIC STARTER QUESTION (REGARDING M800) HAS GOT A DEFINITIVE ANSWER NO POINT OF DRAGGING FURTHER.

Good lord! i WOULD respond, but i wouldnt know where to start! suffice to say those were two of the most amusing posts i've seen in a long time :lol:

well its about time this thread concluded, since it was sorta rudderless, so amen to that. Had more than my fill of indian chapathi's for some time.....

OMG crash @ 120. happy to heard that you are safe.

I'm 100% sure if ur in a maruti, you are finish. BTW u can't have a crash @ 120 in M800 because it is hard to reach that speed.

My friend's Allion faced to a accident with canter truck @ 130kph. He only had few scratches.

Since I know that my Alto is not that much safe, my normal speed is 60-70 even i can cross 120+. However if, other vehicle crash in to me, i dnt have a option :(

Dont worry too much about it machan, as long as you're alert to your surroundings, you can be safe 80-90% of the time... If there's one thing about small cars, they make one a more alert driver since you have to keep focus when driving among busses and the like.

I apologize if your "feelings were hurt" in any way, but that certainly wasnt the intention, all this thread says is that used japanese cars are really far better options in the price range than a maruti would be... it isnt intending to openly put down maruti buyers or anything, though wagon R man has been shouting to that effect, just stating some plain facts. It would also have concluded at that if certain clowns didnt start waving indian flags around in here and acting all indignant for no good reason.

anyways, lets just forget about it and move on....Cheers

Edited by Supra_Natural

So guys, No point of taking this thread further. Let's be cool :alc:

If u need to buy something, first know what you are buying, do some research and make the choice. There are plus and minus in any choice. So have an "open mind".

In the road, don't depend on safety features in your ride ( even your car has 8 air bags ;) ) and drive safely

And ALWAYS WEAR SEAT BELTS

B):)

i was being sarcastic bro...... if we all drive within the cars limits we can even ride without doors and windows in cars...

well i saw a documentary sometime back that said you can be killed in a car doing a mere 30kmph on a bad day :unsure:

they were saying how humans were naturally designed to speed upto only about 30-40kmph and athletes hit it up to 45 or so.... anything beyond that is pushing our "equipment" beyond their limits...

I repeat. No need to cry over Maruti's lack of safety. This is Sri Lanka. A country where even wearing of seatbelts is not properly enforced yet.

Move to India, without Dissin' Sri Lanka machang!! This country was saved from destruction with the blood, sweat and lives of people who love this country. If you are not happy with any aspect of Sri Lanka, please, get the hell out!!!! And take your Maruti with you!

We will manage somehow with out you and your Maruti.

Edited by VVTi

I agree with u Samishka.I just wanted to know Y these maruti owners Mod their cars (Includin ma friend)...I was not gonna Market the Maruti.And also in most of the cases these people are lying.They say that it a person got killed because of being trapped in between the seat and the steering.the Maruti company sayz that its having a collapsible steering...when we say somethin lyk dat They wont Reply 2 it......

Their opinion is that 15-20 year old cars without any safety accept the seat beltz are better than the cars built in the 21st century.

Just check whether any Semi luxury Jap car frm 90-96 have side impact beamz...

They r waiting to laugh at indian cars.They call it CHAPATHIED.then if a Micro is modified they must call it "KOTHUED"

These are the people who are thinkin that their cars r da best.... and these r the people who try to bully small car drivers with their machines...

IN sinhala they are called "ASAHANA KARAYOO"...and also its no use arguing with idots cause they drag you to their Level and Beat u with their EXPERIENCE

Edited by Ek3

well i saw a documentary sometime back that said you can be killed in a car doing a mere 30kmph on a bad day :unsure:

they were saying how humans were naturally designed to speed upto only about 30-40kmph and athletes hit it up to 45 or so.... anything beyond that is pushing our "equipment" beyond their limits...

Guess this is the vid you mentioned.

MINIACE

I agree with u Samishka.I just wanted to know Y these maruti owners Mod their cars (Includin ma friend)...I was not gonna Market the Maruti.And also in most of the cases these people are lying.They say that it a person got killed because of being trapped in between the seat and the steering.the Maruti company sayz that its having a collapsible steering...when we say somethin lyk dat They wont Reply 2 it......

dear me, here's another one...

so let me get this straight, GuruG, who by the way is a well respected member of this forum who hasnt yet told anything resembling an untruth, posts that a close friend died thanks to the inherent lack of safety in a Maruti, you accuse him of lying? classy mate, very classy

as for us accusing you of covert marketing, if you read your posts with a certain degree of objectivity, you'll see how they can easily come across as marketing attempts. Like the Following:

Their opinion is that 15-20 year old cars without any safety accept the seat beltz are better than the cars built in the 21st century.

Just check whether any Semi luxury Jap car frm 90-96 have side impact beamz...

They r waiting to laugh at indian cars.They call it CHAPATHIED.then if a Micro is modified they must call it "KOTHUED"

These are the people who are thinkin that their cars r da best.... and these r the people who try to bully small car drivers with their machines...

IN sinhala they are called "ASAHANA KARAYOO"...and also its no use arguing with idots cause they drag you to their Level and Beat u with their EXPERIENCE

Now here for example, is a classic case of not doing one's research properly. Observe:

http://specs.amayama.com/specs-toyota-corolla-1994-may/2368/

above is the link to the specifications of the 1994 Toyota Corolla AE-100. The trim Grade is DX, the most basic spec.

If you would just scroll down to the "Interior equipment" segment of that page, and then go to Item number 17 on That list, you will find the item "Side Impact Bar". Now what does that column say? maybe i cant see very well, but appears to say "standard equipment" to me.

So you were saying?

Edited by Supra_Natural