• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Land Rover Clutch Problems

tiv

Question

Hi, after going through the forum i've noticed we've got quite a land rover community here.

well in my defender i'm repeatedly having problems with my clutch, as it seems to fail (first spongy, then unable to change gear)

I replaced the washers, first and the same issue came up. So i replaced both the master and slave pumps brand new..

Before even a year passed the same issue is back.. :blink:

Well how often do you have to replace these washers in defenders? is this a normal thing? :unsure:

Edited by tiv

12 answers to this question

thankx guys. replaced the entire system and shes running now, no idea if i'll have the same prob again, burnt quite a hole in my wallet :(

Edited by tiv

and can anyone tell me the engine oil you use on defenders out of the local brands

Edited by tiv

and can anyone tell me the engine oil you use on defenders out of the local brands

Hi,

I also had to replace master pump and slave cylinder washers within past 1.5 years. Seems like clutch washers need to replace once in every year in Defenders as they operate in a very high pressure comparing to other 4x4s.

I was using BP multi grade engine oil in my 200TDI and recently switched to Laugh's new multi grade oil.

GMI

Hi,

I also had to replace master pump and slave cylinder washers within past 1.5 years. Seems like clutch washers need to replace once in every year in Defenders as they operate in a very high pressure comparing to other 4x4s.

I was using BP multi grade engine oil in my 200TDI and recently switched to Laugh's new multi grade oil.

GMI

Thanx for the Info GMI, i found out that my defender 110 has better brakes than my Cruiser. I was proud to see the brakes were from AP..... thanx for your info about the brake washers.

I am also Glad to say If you have any issue you can speak to Indika in Rajagiriya on 0777755882.

i have been very happy with his service and workmanship and recommends him to anyone.

Can some one let me know what Type of Diff Oils and Gear Box Oils should be put on defenders.

Thanks a lot friends, I know Indika is guite good on rovers. Well i've been told my has one been filled with Mobil MX and the gearbox and diffs with normal Gear oil, which i'm gonna swap GB oil for ATF soon.

Same here GMI, maybe thats the reason for the clutch. I hate it when it goes leaving you stranded especially where you cant find a replacement. Had quite an experience recently.

I use a 2.5 N/A 12J (later type) with LT77 but does the job, whats your engine Velocity?

Edited by tiv

just got my jeep out of LR Motors.

I am the most happiest i have to say. Indika has done a super job with the engine and fuel injection pump and the tuning,

Thanks indika. He was extremely quick in his work and very affordable.

Vehicale is running in Super Condition.

just got my jeep out of LR Motors.

I am the most happiest i have to say. Indika has done a super job with the engine and fuel injection pump and the tuning,

Thanks indika. He was extremely quick in his work and very affordable.

Vehicale is running in Super Condition.

Hey good to hear that machan...so a weekend run is possible ne ;)

MINIACE