• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Your Ideas About Sound Deadening Material

Chris0628

Try Wurth. I am planning to get some under bonnet material from there as well. They have 3 different products, so you have a choice. Not cheap though....

where did u check the prices ??? how much was it ???

and do u think getting the doors done with the material will also help in noise reduction ?

Try Wurth. I am planning to get some under bonnet material from there as well. They have 3 different products, so you have a choice. Not cheap though....

Just curious, what were you referring to as under bonnet material?

well, from my experience the best I've come across was the thick mcfoil type heat resistance together with a thick carpet layer across the bare floor. I've done this after a paint job before fixing dash 'n seats of a diesel 504 and result was superb and worth the 5k I spent on it. That 5k is to sew the mcfoil to the underside of the carpet and lay it completely from the bottom edge of the windshield frame to the rear parcel area and boot of a 504 which has fairly large passenger compartment and boot. I'm not quite sure on the estimation to do the similar job using Wurth or 3M stuff.

where did u check the prices ??? how much was it ???

and do u think getting the doors done with the material will also help in noise reduction ?

They did a presentation for the Classic car club. For the doors I think the rubberized spray might be a better bet.....