• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Buying A Nissan Primera P11

rattler81

Hi guys, Just joined A/L Forums today, need some advice hope you guys can help me out.

I have my eyes set on a Nissan Primera P11- 2.0, manual gearbox , 1999 brand new. The plates are 300-9xxx. Can you please tell me whats the current market price for these kinda cars. Also this cars suspension is out. How much do you think it will cost to fix it. By out I mean its very stiff. Although the owner says only the rear suspension needs fixing I feel the front needs fixing as well. Can you please help me out.

Hi guys, Just joined A/L Forums today, need some advice hope you guys can help me out.

I have my eyes set on a Nissan Primera P11- 2.0, manual gearbox , 1999 brand new. The plates are 300-9xxx. Can you please tell me whats the current market price for these kinda cars. Also this cars suspension is out. How much do you think it will cost to fix it. By out I mean its very stiff. Although the owner says only the rear suspension needs fixing I feel the front needs fixing as well. Can you please help me out.

err...the car is supposed to have a bit of stiff suspension mate...

and normally when suspension is "out" it gets too soft and gets low...

I think AL user VVTI has done some suspension work on his P11 and would be able to give you an idea about it...

but costings depend on what you have to replace... some suspension parts for this car are a little pricey to my knowledge...

this must be a Camino innit? the 2ltr motor helps to set the price a little low since people get worried over the larger motor for burning more gas..

So i'd bet you should be able to bargain and get a good price...

I'd roughly put it south of 1.2... But if the car is in exceptional shape the owner might want a bit more...

err...the car is supposed to have a bit of stiff suspension mate...

and normally when suspension is "out" it gets too soft and gets low...

I think AL user VVTI has done some suspension work on his P11 and would be able to give you an idea about it...

but costings depend on what you have to replace... some suspension parts for this car are a little pricey to my knowledge...

this must be a Camino innit? the 2ltr motor helps to set the price a little low since people get worried over the larger motor for burning more gas..

So i'd bet you should be able to bargain and get a good price...

I'd roughly put it south of 1.2... But if the car is in exceptional shape the owner might want a bit more...

Thanks for the info.. yeah it is low.. I'm a bit worried cause I read in another post that replacing the front suspension alone cost arnd 80k. So by any chance if i'm to do major work on the whole suspension system I'd be in trouble. And how about the spare part availability for this car ? Are the easy to find or very rare ?

Thanks for the info.. yeah it is low.. I'm a bit worried cause I read in another post that replacing the front suspension alone cost arnd 80k. So by any chance if i'm to do major work on the whole suspension system I'd be in trouble. And how about the spare part availability for this car ? Are the easy to find or very rare ?

i'll drop a note to VVTI to reply you :)

he's got first hand info in this :)

It might be had at a lower than market price coz of the 2l and 300- number, but I don't think it'll go quite as low as 1.2 unless the owner really needs to sell it right now!

Can you please tell me what is the current market price for this kinda car, considering its 1999 brand new with a 300- number plate. And needs some work like the suspension, new paint job, front and rear bumpers need some work as well.

Can you please tell me what is the current market price for this kinda car, considering its 1999 brand new with a 300- number plate. And needs some work like the suspension, new paint job, front and rear bumpers need some work as well.

somewhere between 1.3 and 1.4 million is a good bet... since primeras arent much in demand, values tend to keep on the affordable side. If the seller is in a hurry you should be able to get it for less.

thank you.

Congratulations on your good taste!! :)

If the suspension is stiff.... that's good!!! If its making a lot of noise when going on rough roads, that means, you will need to check your ball joints, rack ends, Tie rods and the Upper arms. The uppers arms in this baby costs Rs. 7000 each.

It was me who said it cost 80K to replace the complete suspension (all Ball joins, bushes, shocks, boots, upper arms, etc) All from Pio**r.

But once you do that, you will be ok for a few years depending on where and how you drive. Mine were replaced in 2007 October and every service I walk under to look for any cracks or other niggles. So far nothing.

Replaced the CV also, and that was also not a big deal. 10K for both sides.

Replaced the hub racers, Rs. 2800 each (NSK) plus labour, Clutch plate was shot when I bought her, Rs. 6000 (AISIN), and other small small stuff. Altogether I may have spent about Rs. 150,000 Since I bought her, but that was because the previous owners just ran her like a dog and did not look after her at all.

So checking her thoroughly will save you a bit of cash in the first year or two of ownership.

Parts are available. Delkanda has more or less all the body parts you will need and Pio***r Motors will see to the other New parts. Agent also has the a parts at a premium price, though. But lets just say you will not have an issue getting the parts.

Apart from that the car is easy to maintain and if you look after it properly without thrashing it around, it will even give you at least 9Kmpls, despite the 2000cc engine.

I would say go for it. 1.2 seems like a reasonable price for the details you have given.

A Good P11 will give you trouble free running for a few years as long as you be sensible about her maintenance.

Congratulations on your good taste!! :)

If the suspension is stiff.... that's good!!! If its making a lot of noise when going on rough roads, that means, you will need to check your ball joints, rack ends, Tie rods and the Upper arms. The uppers arms in this baby costs Rs. 7000 each.

It was me who said it cost 80K to replace the complete suspension (all Ball joins, bushes, shocks, boots, upper arms, etc) All from Pio**r.

But once you do that, you will be ok for a few years depending on where and how you drive. Mine were replaced in 2007 October and every service I walk under to look for any cracks or other niggles. So far nothing.

Replaced the CV also, and that was also not a big deal. 10K for both sides.

Replaced the hub racers, Rs. 2800 each (NSK) plus labour, Clutch plate was shot when I bought her, Rs. 6000 (AISIN), and other small small stuff. Altogether I may have spent about Rs. 150,000 Since I bought her, but that was because the previous owners just ran her like a dog and did not look after her at all.

So checking her thoroughly will save you a bit of cash in the first year or two of ownership.

Parts are available. Delkanda has more or less all the body parts you will need and Pio***r Motors will see to the other New parts. Agent also has the a parts at a premium price, though. But lets just say you will not have an issue getting the parts.

Apart from that the car is easy to maintain and if you look after it properly without thrashing it around, it will even give you at least 9Kmpls, despite the 2000cc engine.

I would say go for it. 1.2 seems like a reasonable price for the details you have given.

A Good P11 will give you trouble free running for a few years as long as you be sensible about her maintenance.

Thank you very much for all the info you provided. I was a bit worried about the availability of parts since I haven't seen a lot of Primera's on the road. Good to know that's not going to be an issue. :)

Do you have any tips on what I should check for in the car upon inspection ?

Thank you very much for all the info you provided. I was a bit worried about the availability of parts since I haven't seen a lot of Primera's on the road. Good to know that's not going to be an issue. :)

Hi Rattler..

Let me also congratulate on your choice to buy a P11.. Is this a Camino which you are targeting? Brand new imported P11s are quite rare in SL.. So very much difficult to place an exact price tag. I myself bought my Camino about an year back. It is 97 made but reg in 2000. It was going for 1.3-1.4M those days and I guess the car you mentioned should also be around 1.3M considering the market has depreciated a lil bit and due to the repairs that need to be done by you.. So if the owner is asking for 1.2M it is a really good deal./ :jumping-smiley-013:

As VVTi has rightly pointed out the suspension is stiffer than other cars. This results in excellent handling but also needs to be looked after well.. He has mentioned 80k for all the components.. So far I had to replace both the upper arms and the third link on the passenger side.. Cost me around 30k for those three, but these were A*W prices and could be obtained for lesser from Pi*n**r.. They have the genuine stuff, so no need to worry about buying from Pi*n**r.

Since you asked for the things to inspect, there was another thread on the pros and cons of the P11 recently.. Here it is, http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...764&st=30...

VVTi has given a very comprehensive list of things that are likely to go faulty in a P11.. In addition, please check for the luxury tax receipts cos without them you will not be able to get the transfer done from the RMV... :angry-smiley-024:

Keep us posted on your progress buddy... B)

Hi Rattler..

Let me also congratulate on your choice to buy a P11.. Is this a Camino which you are targeting? Brand new imported P11s are quite rare in SL.. So very much difficult to place an exact price tag. I myself bought my Camino about an year back. It is 97 made but reg in 2000. It was going for 1.3-1.4M those days and I guess the car you mentioned should also be around 1.3M considering the market has depreciated a lil bit and due to the repairs that need to be done by you.. So if the owner is asking for 1.2M it is a really good deal./ :jumping-smiley-013:

As VVTi has rightly pointed out the suspension is stiffer than other cars. This results in excellent handling but also needs to be looked after well.. He has mentioned 80k for all the components.. So far I had to replace both the upper arms and the third link on the passenger side.. Cost me around 30k for those three, but these were A*W prices and could be obtained for lesser from Pi*n**r.. They have the genuine stuff, so no need to worry about buying from Pi*n**r.

Since you asked for the things to inspect, there was another thread on the pros and cons of the P11 recently.. Here it is, http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...764&st=30...

VVTi has given a very comprehensive list of things that are likely to go faulty in a P11.. In addition, please check for the luxury tax receipts cos without them you will not be able to get the transfer done from the RMV... :angry-smiley-024:

Keep us posted on your progress buddy... B)

Thank you, I will keep those in mind.

Rattler,

Is the P11 you are talking abt from Ja-ela? Maroon color one? That car was in last week Sunday Observer and still appears in other famous <_< automobile site.

I called the guy last Saturday and he told me he is expecting 10.5 Lacks. And told that car may need a paint job and interior also not in great condition.

Good luck mate.

Edited by madjay

Rattler,

Is the P11 you are talking abt from Ja-ela? Maroon color one? That car was in last week Sunday Observer and still appears in other famous <_< automobile site.

I called the guy last Saturday and he told me he is expecting 10.5 Lacks. And told that car may need a paint job and interior also not in great condition.

Good luck mate.

yep thats the one.. I didn't post it here cause I didn't knw if its allowed. :huh: Do you think its worth for that amount ? apart from the paint job and suspensions it needs new tires, possibly new front ,rear bumpers, and fog lights r burnt.

yep thats the one.. I didn't post it here cause I didn't knw if its allowed. :huh: Do you think its worth for that amount ? apart from the paint job and suspensions it needs new tires, possibly new front ,rear bumpers, and fog lights r burnt.

My god man... These are only the ones you can see from outside.. Imagine what else could be there judging from the way the previous owner has looked after the car... :action-smiley-060:

Like Jayathu said... 10.5 is a bit too low for a car of that model. If the buffers are busted that means she has met with a crash somewhere along the way. Look for a Brand New import, if you can. Me thinks owner is trying tp get rid of it soon.

machang, the lovely thing about the multi link suspension is that the multiple parts are there to make the ride stable and solid as much as it can. So from the outside, you cant determine if the parts are bad or not unless your mechanic is really good. Only thing you can do is take the car for a test drive, go on a crappy road and listen to the sounds of thuds and creaks and more thuds. If you feel like you are hearing far too many thuds than you should, well. You might need to take a deeper look underneath.

Check to see if the Distributor oil seal is leaking.

Check Engine Mounts.

I forgot to mention before, the Crank Balance wheel in the SR20 is prone to failure. I had mine fail on me and that really messes up the smoothness of the engine. BUT you can get one for less than 5000 used from Delkanda.

Brakes are fine, the Brand New came with 4 discs, no ABS.

Check the AC compressor.

I am just saying the stuff I changed within the first 6 months of purchase due to crappy maintenance by the previous people. Unwashed, unserviced, YET I bought her since I knew what she is capable of.

Like Jayathu said... 10.5 is a bit too low for a car of that model. If the buffers are busted that means she has met with a crash somewhere along the way. Look for a Brand New import, if you can. Me thinks owner is trying tp get rid of it soon.

:lol: well its not as bad as it sounds.. but yeah if i do decide to buy it i'm gonna do a full check up on it. The buffers are not busted but they have been scratched due to carless driving and low ground clearance.. But from what you guys are saying 10.5 does seems low.. better get an experts advice on the condition.. thank you all for the info.. i'll keep you updated on the situation.

• 1 year later...