• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

5afe Engine Overhaul

tharindu6

Hi guys

my car has a 5AFE engine and it has done 334006KM on the ODO.. i mostly use the car on week ends.. recently i noticed when i start the car in the morning there is some white somke coming out form the tailpipe. and i have been toping up the engine oil about 1 liter evry 1000 km.. Just want to know whether my baby needs and engine overhaul.. and how much will it cost for the job

thanks in advance :)

Why you wanna Overhaul? if i were you, might swap the engine for a Slightly used 7A-FE (1800CC) with transmission and use it for sometime. (well that's just me.. :angry-smiley-048: ) anybody got any idea about prices of Engines these days?

Edited by Ruslan

Why you wanna Overhaul? if i were you, might swap the engine for a Slightly used 7A-FE (1800CC) with transmission and use it for sometime. (well that's just me.. :angry-smiley-048: ) anybody got any idea about prices of Engines these days?

hey bro thanks for the reply

Couple of reasons..

1) i thought it would cost more to swap and engine and the tranny

2) it would be illiegal if i have a diffrent number on my engine when compaired with the book

3) u will never no what kind of abuse the recon went thorugh.. if i do the overhaul I would know what i did to my engine and i possibilites of engine giving trouble would be less

1) i thought it would cost more to swap and engine and the tranny

2) it would be illiegal if i have a diffrent number on my engine when compaired with the book

3) u will never no what kind of abuse the recon went thorugh.. if i do the overhaul I would know what i did to my engine and i possibilites of engine giving trouble would be less

1) I don't believe in the cost factor, last time we did a swap for our Van (CR 27 with 2C engine) it costs less than Overhaul. and mind you that with the new (Used) engine you get new power steering pump, A/C compressor, Alternator, fuel pump, Transmission (if it included in the deal) etc.. even with the overhaul you never know what kind of parts were used to overhaul (Bearings etc..) and you cant still get the original specs even after a overhaul.

2) You can re-register the new engine number at RMV.. we did that with our Van.. (It's not illegal after that)

3) That depends on the place where you get the Engine.

Edited by Ruslan

1) I don't believe in the cost factor, last time we did a swap for our Van (CR 27 with 2C engine) it costs less than Overhaul. and mind you that with the new (Used) engine you get new power steering pump, A/C compressor, Alternator, fuel pump, Transmission (if it included in the deal) etc.. even with the overhaul you never know what kind of parts were used to overhaul (Bearings etc..) and you cant still get the original specs even after a overhaul.

2) You can re-register the new engine number at RMV.. we did that with our Van.. (It's not illegal after that)

3) That depends on the place where you get the Engine.

Machan How much did it cost you for the re registration and whats the number you got ?

Machan How much did it cost you for the re registration and whats the number you got ?

I think it's around 3500/- or something cant remember the exact amount.. didn't got a new number.. it's just re-registering the new Engine number to the Registration document that's all.

I think it's around 3500/- or something cant remember the exact amount.. didn't got a new number.. it's just re-registering the new Engine number to the Registration document that's all.

really? is it that simple?

really? is it that simple?

It's not that simple when it comes to deal with RMV.. u know what i mean :rolleyes: you need to weigh the Car after the Engine Swap (At Werahara).. and then you need to show them the Receipts (Receipt of the Engine which you purchased) and vehicle to the examiners at RMV (werahara). they will check the vehicle, Engine number etc. after you handover the documents and payments to RMV. you will receive the Altered registration "Book" (with new Engine number) by registered mail.

Edited by Ruslan

It's not that simple when it comes to deal with RMV.. u know what i mean :rolleyes: you need to weigh the Car after the Engine Swap (At Werahara).. and then you need to show them the Receipts (Receipt of the Engine which you purchased) and vehicle to the examiners at RMV (werahara). they will check the vehicle, Engine number etc. after you handover the documents and payments to RMV. you will receive the Altered registration "Book" (with new Engine number) by registered mail.

ela if thats the case thas great