• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Transmission Pulling Power Problem

Hiran Ganegedara

Question

Hi all,

I drive a Nissan SB-14 and recently I changed ATF.

Since then the pulling power of the car has significantly reduced.

It takes hours to overtake a vehicle specially in the high gears.

It would be great help if I can get a clue about what's wrong.

I'm planning to take the car to A*W for a checkup.

Also are there any garages or mechanics specializing in auto transmission?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I drive a Nissan SB-14 and recently I changed ATF.

Since then the pulling power of the car has significantly reduced.

It takes hours to overtake a vehicle specially in the high gears.

It would be great help if I can get a clue about what's wrong.

I'm planning to take the car to A*W for a checkup.

Also are there any garages or mechanics specializing in auto transmission?

Thanks in advance

hmm whats the oil you used? it could make a significant difference in performance if you didnt use the correct oil. and I dont know any ATF places, but I suppose the agents would be the best place to go.

Sine yours is a Diesel, have you got your engine/injectors checked up? Are you putting out a lot of smoke?

D3 or D4 is what is used anyway, inspite of the brand name.

Shortly before the oil change, I took the car for a injector and nozzle cleanup.

The car's not putting out much smoke except for in high revs.

Its bit diffcult to judge that this may hv happen whether due to the ATF change or its a coincident.

First try the basics, correct oil level, cable / accelerator adjustment etc..

Some times it can be in the pump as most pump service places do various gimmicks to reduce the smoke..

There is a specialized AUTO GB workshop in Pannipitiya

as you pass Manchi factory about a kilo meter on the left when going from CMBO

just one block behind high level road, forget the name but you ask any one

its a big two storied work shop ask for Auto GB and Turbo garage.

Yes, u r correct, pass munch and well before homagama.

Its within a kilo meter passing munchi on to your left from CMBO.

he fixed few problems for me some time back and only specilaizing in AUTO GB's and Turbo.

A name like Jayasiri or Laksiri , you can't miss it, its a huge workshop you can see it from the High Level Road, to enter through a by road.

he fixed few problems for me some time back and only specilaizing in AUTO GB's and Turbo.

A name like Jayasiri or Laksiri , you can't miss it, its a huge workshop you can see it from the High Level Road, to enter through a by road.

will see .... thanks bro

Thanks a lot.

Will go there and see.

Hi Everyone... thought of adding my issue to the same thread... hope u guys don't mind....

My EK3 @ 1st & 2nd doesn't pull well and sometimes the shift down from 3rd to 2nd has a jerk... i noticed this specially going up hill and when the car needs to shift down the get more power it hesitates & then shifts down with a jerk...showed it to my mechanic & he said to run it until it fails or get really bad & then to replace......

One other thing i noticed is when the A/C is on.. the car feels very heavy....

I NEED AN SECOND OPINION... need to know if there's a way to get it fixed (cost effectively :) )

Edited by Chris0628

Hi Everyone... thought of adding my issue to the same thread... hope u guys don't mind....

My EK3 @ 1st & 2nd doesn't pull well and sometimes the shift down from 3rd to 2nd has a jerk... i noticed this specially going up hill and when the car needs to shift down the get more power it hesitates & then shifts down with a jerk...showed it to my mechanic & he said to run it until it fails or get really bad & then to replace......

One other thing i noticed is when the A/C is on.. the car feels very heavy....

I NEED AN SECOND OPINION... need to know if there's a way to get it fixed (cost effectively :) )

what is the transmission oil you used?

got the oil changed @ the agents as soon as i bought the car May-09. They did the manual ATF change.

i have an issue with my cefiro with a minor jerk felt at 1st to 2nd and a reputed bloke was of the opinion that it could be due to ATF used by previous owner and also their lack of attention to cleaning upon ATF change. he also said issue could be electrical as well. i am nevertheless going to meet him 2moro. will update you with my results. bdw i PM you, did you get it?

i have an issue with my cefiro with a minor jerk felt at 1st to 2nd and a reputed bloke was of the opinion that it could be due to ATF used by previous owner and also their lack of attention to cleaning upon ATF change. he also said issue could be electrical as well. i am nevertheless going to meet him 2moro. will update you with my results. bdw i PM you, did you get it?

Thanks machan... pls keep us all updated on the progress.... & yes i replied ur message... sorry abt the delay

On the Cefiro - Check the Speed Sensor, if it is gone or even if the the sensor is not reading properly

this could happen, I am sure Nissan experts may add more..

tnx so much tikiri.

da mechanic had a look at my car and said it is a neglible very minor jerk caused due to the ATF(Texamatic) used by the previous owner (guy is very expereinced with so many cefiros and other cars in the same league). he also added that they had filled in too much ATF and reduced a little bit. i plan to put in a differnt oil leisurely.

Thanks machan... pls keep us all updated on the progress.... & yes i replied ur message... sorry abt the delay

i recommed you to take a second opinion with my mechanic Vasant in Wattala. he is a very honest chap and very experienced and educated too. my problem is not as same as yours. i did not have any pulling issues, it was only a very minor jerk on 1st to 2nd, so my solutions might not work for you. but i strongly suggest you get a second opinion from him. if u r interested i will give his number for you to talk.

i recommed you to take a second opinion with my mechanic Vasant in Wattala. he is a very honest chap and very experienced and educated too. my problem is not as same as yours. i did not have any pulling issues, it was only a very minor jerk on 1st to 2nd, so my solutions might not work for you. but i strongly suggest you get a second opinion from him. if u r interested i will give his number for you to talk.

Cool...sure pls send me the details machan... need all the help i can get... cos planing on going to Jaffna & another long trip in April.... so need the car in tip-top condition ;)

ok i sent you a PM.

Got the car checked out by your guy.... drained & then flushed the ATF twice... added new ATF there is a huge diff... much smoother & so far didn't get that jerk during down-shift.... thanks for the contact machan... he seems to be a very genuine guy...gonna run the car for a while & monitor :) .. alrady did abt 30KM after the change... very happy with the results so far.

Thanks again.