• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Katu

darinwrxsti

Out all cars i think Darin made a really good impression. He drove well i should say. Also Ashan, he just came out of no where :D awesome, some good races seen after along time i could say.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blindshooter/3784247391/

that's darin before the races began... he was test running the car early morning

thats a very nice shot machan,

thanks mate... slowly uploading stuff into flickr...

larger collection will be available on AL galleries soon

Katu Results

source- MOD website :)

STD/MOD Motorcycles up to 125 CC(4stoke) single cylinder

First - Prabath Peiris

Second - Sudath Weerasinghe

Third - Shazran Ismath Noon

Cars over 12.00 Kg/Hp

First - Upulwan Serasinghe

Second - U C Perera

Third - Chaminda Weerasuriya

STD/MOD Motorcycles up to 125 CC(2 stoke only)

First - Indika Ranathunga

Second - Champika Samaranayaka

Third - Shirley Wijesinghe

STD/MOD Super Mortard Motorcycles up to 250 CC(4 stoke)

First - P A S Vidarshika

Second - Hasitha Madushanka Padigama

Third - Udika Srimal

Racing Motorcycles up to 125 CC

First - Prabath Peiris

Second - Nalinka Fernando

Third - Nalaka Krishan Dias

Cars up to 1050 CC

First - Darin Weerasinghe

Second - y@ga p#re#a

Third - Kamal Yahathugoda

Cars up to 1600 CC

First - Pasidu Peiris

Second - Javid Wahab

Third - Sajaad Zuhair

N Cars? Mini? 7

First - Susantha Gunawardana

Second - Shashika Lakmal Wijerathna

Third - K Parameshwaran

STD Motorcycles up to 125 CC(2 stoke only)

First - Sazran Ismath Noon

Second - Jonny Daniel

Third - Thuwan Princy

STD/MOD Super Mortard Motorcycles up to 450 CC(4 stoke)

First - Suraj Perera

Second - Shane Gunawardane

Third - Upali Jayasuriya

N Cars Nissan March 1000 CC

First - Dilan Senaviratna

Second - S A Harsha

Third - M Fazran Najmudeen

N Cars 10.00 to 12.00 Kg/ Hp

First - Pasidu Peiris

Second - Dinesh Senanayaka

Third - Dammika Peiris

STD Motorcycles up to 250 CC(4 stoke only)

First - Maduranga Caldera

Second - Udesh Chathranga

Third - L L L Peiris

N Cars ? Ford Lazer/Mazda 1500 CC

First - Susantha Gunawardana

Second - Shanaka Kasthuriarachchi

Third - Roshan Malcom Dissanayake

GT Cars? up to 3500 CC

First - Ahan Silva

Second - Janaka Dias

Third - Dinesh Deheragoda

STD/MOD Super Mortard Motorcycles OPEN

First - Suraj Perera

Second - Shane Gunawardane

Third - Indika Prasad Jayasuriya

STD/MOD Super Motorcycles up to 250 CC(2 stroke) & up to 600 CC(4 stroke)

First - Shiran Samuel

Second - Maduranga Caldera

Third - Nalaka Krishan Dias

N Cars 8.00 to 10.00 Kg/ Hp

First - S Marapperuma

Second - Pasidu Peiris

Third - Kaushalya Samarasinghe

Cars up to 1400 CC

First - y@ga p#re#a

Second - Damith Aberatna

Third - Zakie Ismail

Cars up to 1600 CC

First - Pasidu Peiris

Second - Sajaad Zuhair

Third - Nishan Wasalathanthri

STD/MOD Super Motorcycles OPEN

First - Shiran Samuel

Second - Maduranga Caldera

Third - Feroz Omar

GT Cars ? up to 3500 CC

First - Ashan Silva

Second - Darin Weerasinghe

Third - Reyaz Farook

I also think Darin drove brilliantly. in the modified upto 1050 cc event and specially in the super car events. He too got a little tap from AP in the first corner of the first Super car event and he spun. If not he could've finished 3rd in that. But 4th and 2nd are 2 very very good results to get for a first timer to the super car event. Not to mention that his car was not as powerful as Ashan's.Pasindu's and Janaka's cars. And also, I think his car looks the best out of all the cars there. :D

I also think Darin drove brilliantly. in the modified upto 1050 cc event and specially in the super car events. He too got a little tap from AP in the first corner of the first Super car event and he spun. If not he could've finished 3rd in that. But 4th and 2nd are 2 very very good results to get for a first timer to the super car event. Not to mention that his car was not as powerful as Ashan's.Pasindu's and Janaka's cars. And also, I think his car looks the best out of all the cars there. :D

yeah man Darin drove superbly , so did Ashan, like u said Darin's car look very nice, power wise well Darin had a Motec ECU in it ryte ?

yeah man Darin drove superbly , so did Ashan, like u said Darin's car look very nice, power wise well Darin had a Motec ECU in it ryte ?

the car had a motec sticker... i think DD's car too had that sticker...

I'm not too sure bout his mods machan. But I know he dosn't have as much power as the others. And machan his first time ever in the super car event at mahagastota he came 2nd to Nishan Weerasooriya (I think) by just 0.3 of a second. and then katu 4th and 2nd. For a first timer machan, that's just brilliant! That Ashan's car is a bloody rocket! He started from the back and by the first lap had past like 3 others! Man that car must be deadly on drags. lol But I say hats off to Darin. :angry-smiley-048::alc:

hi all, thanks for all the support, i took this race as a learning curve and as an experiment because the engine on my car is built for running hill climbs, where the car has very good acceleration on 1st 2nd and 3rd, hence thats why in both races i was one of the quickest into gooseneck, but compared to the other cars mine lacked top end power. And on the back straight i was maxing out at about 210 braking very late where as i think the faster cars were getting close to 225-230. Also i wanted to get used to racing at this speed because it is a totally different ball game compared to racing the two nissan marches. Gihan yes the car is running Motec :rolleyes:

So for the next race a blue printed costworth engine will be on the car capable of throwing a much bigger punch so then it should be competitive. Also i m really happy on how reliable the car has been because unlike most other cars my race car is also my daily driver which i use to commute to work,gym and even marketing he he.

However hats off to Ashan because i know how much he worked on getting his car prepaired and at the end its was all worth it. Even though spectators only see a days worth of racing, its the tremendous hours spent before the races that should be admired by all and this applies to all the racing drivers and riders.

And i also wanna thank all of you guys who came because the atmosphere would never have been great without the hardcore spectators such as you, even though getting baked in the sun was not an option.

Gihan yes the car is running Motec :rolleyes:

So for the next race a blue printed costworth engine will be on the car capable of throwing a much bigger punch so then it should be competitive.

lucky u, is it a M8 :) anyway i heard cosworth has 2.29 stroke kits for Subaru engines and u planing to build an engine or import complete cosworth block ?

lucky u, is it a M8 :) anyway i heard cosworth has 2.29 stroke kits for Subaru engines and u planing to build an engine or import complete cosworth block ?

machan yes it is a M800, Motec by far has to be one of the best ecu in the world the functions and data logging capability is second to none.

The costworth block is on its way however its not the stroked 2.29 litre because SLGT regulations allow a maximum of 2060cc because cubic capacity is multiplied by 1.7 (2060X1.7)= 3500cc.

Machang its a complete cosworth block.

machan yes it is a M800, Motec by far has to be one of the best ecu in the world the functions and data logging capability is second to none.

The costworth block is on its way however its not the stroked 2.29 litre because SLGT regulations allow a maximum of 2060cc because cubic capacity is multiplied by 1.7 (2060X1.7)= 3500cc.

Machang its a complete cosworth block.

yeah machan i have seen the features of the M8, awesome, yeah its better goin for Complete blue print assembly cus it comes with everything checked, Ring gap, Bearing clearance etc, thanx for the update on the cc cus i thought its up to 3500cc engine capacity, all the best for ur project mate :alc:

yeah machan i have seen the features of the M8, awesome, yeah its better goin for Complete blue print assembly cus it comes with everything checked, Ring gap, Bearing clearance etc, thanx for the update on the cc cus i thought its up to 3500cc engine capacity, all the best for ur project mate :alc:

3500cc is for NA engines, turbo cars have that multiplier.