• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Katu

darinwrxsti

thanks machan... the gt races were super... even the 1600 race was good. action everywhere..

those who watched it on tv probably missed most of the action on the track. the cameraman probably didn't know what to focus on...

thanks machan... the gt races were super... even the 1600 race was good. action everywhere..

those who watched it on tv probably missed most of the action on the track. the cameraman probably didn't know what to focus on...

hey fuzzo congradz man :alc:

got 8 gigs of pics :)

just started downloading to my comp and gotta to sort them out...

and yeah...it was a super day for motor racing...

all the sun burn and muscle aches of running about was well worth it...

Madz and Mods

willing to share pics with AL if they are upto spec with you guys :)

let me know :)

Guys,

What happen to Aravinda P. ?

I saw a Black Evo VII on a breakdown Truck ... with damaged front..

we missed the crash cos we were at the other end...

in the first race the car had veered off trying to enter the main straight from cops corners i think...

possibly hit something off the track head on...

he couldn't compete in the next race cos the car was not raceworthy if that's a word :)

our very own DD too had a tap from behind and got the rear diffuser damaged...

they pulled it out completely for the second race...

we missed the crash cos we were at the other end...

in the first race the car had veered off trying to enter the main straight from cops corners i think...

possibly hit something off the track head on...

he couldn't compete in the next race cos the car was not raceworthy if that's a word :)

our very own DD too had a tap from behind and got the rear diffuser damaged...

they pulled it out completely for the second race...

Thanks Ripper,

I saw only his car on the truck and I missed the race machan.

so, in your words, DD and Aravinda both out from the final race? what is the final result machan?

aah since you are a biker too, what happen to bike events?

Thanks Ripper,

I saw only his car on the truck and I missed the race machan.

so, in your words, DD and Aravinda both out from the final race? what is the final result machan?

aah since you are a biker too, what happen to bike events?

no mate... DD did compete on both races... the second one was without the rear diffuser...

they completely pulled out the diffuser for the second race but still competed....

both races were won by ashan

fuzzo has given the results

the bikers open event was won by a guy on a 1000cc gixer...

there was a ducatti 999, a honda repsol and some other heavy rides... but IMO very few seemed like they were truly pushing their limits..

i was more concentrating snapping didn't really keep a tab on results and stuff...

we were near the gooseneck so we actually couldn't see who got the checkered flag... and the PA system too was not really loud enough...

no mate... DD did compete on both races... the second one was without the rear diffuser...

they completely pulled out the diffuser for the second race but still competed....

both races were won by ashan

fuzzo has given the results

the bikers open event was won by a guy on a 1000cc gixer...

there was a ducatti 999, a honda repsol and some other heavy rides... but IMO very few seemed like they were truly pushing their limits..

i was more concentrating snapping didn't really keep a tab on results and stuff...

we were near the gooseneck so we actually couldn't see who got the checkered flag... and the PA system too was not really loud enough...

thanks Ripper for the update.

That was a fantastic run by Ashan .. hats off to him !! :) Pasindu drove superbly in the 1600 class.

Really sorry for DD. Was hoping he could've done scored a podium result.

Bikes : .. Shrian Samuel gave everyone a fantastic display of riding in the 600cc event on a R6 & the Open event on a Gsxr1000. Maduranga Caldera did well too.

With all that hype about the Ducati 999 in town, I think everyone there had great expectations to see it perform, but I guess the Ducati guy was just riding cautiously.

That was a fantastic run by Ashan .. hats off to him !! :) Pasindu drove superbly in the 1600 class.

Really sorry for DD. Was hoping he could've done scored a podium result.

Bikes : .. Shrian Samuel gave everyone a fantastic display of riding in the 600cc event on a R6 & the Open event on a Gsxr1000. Maduranga Caldera did well too.

With all that hype about the Ducati 999 in town, I think everyone there had great expectations to see it perform, but I guess the Ducati guy was just riding cautiously.

yep.. i was really looking forward to see the ducatti in action...especially in cornering but he was really slow through the corners...

on the other hand there was this older NSR fella giving a good run way at the back with another gixer ridden by a foreign fella... :)

but yeah the 1000cc gixer was quite skillfully thrown around the track and he just rocketed through the corners like it was on rails...

yep.. i was really looking forward to see the ducatti in action...especially in cornering but he was really slow through the corners...

on the other hand there was this older NSR fella giving a good run way at the back with another gixer ridden by a foreign fella... :)

but yeah the 1000cc gixer was quite skillfully thrown around the track and he just rocketed through the corners like it was on rails...

well da ducati was ridden by Feroz Omar & i think he did well 4 his age :D he may have been slow on da corners but v have to appreciate him riding so well at his age

well da ducati was ridden by Feroz Omar & i think he did well 4 his age :D he may have been slow on da corners but v have to appreciate him riding so well at his age

of course mate... no disrespect for any of the riders or drivers for that matter...

just that seeing a ducatti not ridden to it's full potential was a tad bit of a let down for folks who love those machines :)

Yup it was Feroz who rode the Duc. As Ripper also rightly put it, no disrespect intended to any of those guys who rode. But considering Feroz's track knowledge & years of experience and the Ducati 999 (V-twin) being reputed as an 'easy to ride' machine compared to those 4 cylinder machines, there were expectations for him to do better.

In comparison, Shrian Samuel rode a 1000cc bike (which was much older than the Duc 999) at a race for the very 1st time and he won against more experienced riders. Great achievement!!

Anyway .. I think enough said on that. .. Overall it was a good show.

this time the strange thig is lot of cars n few bikes... guys like visal fernando could have add up mo colur to bike events...wonder he's still in japan...

Yup it was Feroz who rode the Duc. As Ripper also rightly put it, no disrespect intended to any of those guys who rode. But considering Feroz's track knowledge & years of experience and the Ducati 999 (V-twin) being reputed as an 'easy to ride' machine compared to those 4 cylinder machines, there were expectations for him to do better.

In comparison, Shrian Samuel rode a 1000cc bike (which was much older than the Duc 999) at a race for the very 1st time and he won against more experienced riders. Great achievement!!

Anyway .. I think enough said on that. .. Overall it was a good show.

ya ur correct on da part about shrian. but da thing is shrian is in his peak at da moment & i dont think feroz is. i think feroz raced a bike after 2006. so im happy with his performance.

i too was very impressed by shiran's ride,one would have thought that on a track like katu the much zippy and agile cibby would prevail...but samuels did it perfectly by being conservative in the corners and letting loose on the straights...and the guy was showboating toward the when he had gained a substantial lead...haha...nice to see the typical biker attitude on display...great ride!

i too was very impressed by shiran's ride,one would have thought that on a track like katu the much zippy and agile cibby would prevail...but samuels did it perfectly by being conservative in the corners and letting loose on the straights...and the guy was showboating toward the when he had gained a substantial lead...haha...nice to see the typical biker attitude on display...great ride!

oh yeah...and he did a good burnout near the goose neck end for his friends who were gathered there... i missed the shot but i bet a friend of his with a 40d would've got it smack on :)