• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Worn 1nz-fe A/c Compressor

JadeyBlitzen

Hi

the a/c compressor on my vitz failed a couple of days ago. i was told its wearing out gradually and it needs to be replaced soon. it was working fine for the last 2 months and then all of a sudden last wednesday it grew very noisy, started zapping up a lot of power and the air wasn't as cool.

so i rang up my a/c repair guy and he said its a problem common to all 1nz engined cars. apparently it can be replaced with a compressor from a 4e engine with very little modifications to the compressor itself. however i opted for the more expensive original compressor to maintain the originality of the car. and the mechanic warned me against it as these compressors tend to wear out fast and the price is high because of the higher demand for this part.

has any of you toyota owners out there experienced this problem? should i go for an original compressor and face the risk of replacing it again? (mind you, the last compressor lasted for more than 4 years). or is this 4e compressor conversion as harmless as it sounds?

Many thanks