• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

25th Green Path Accident !!!!!!

jeevanonline

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Bro dont take it personally thats how i think.. think what if somthing happens to you ? what will happen to your parents ? how sad will they be? how will all of us at AL would feel ? we dont want to loose you or any youth in this country

hmmm! Hi guys ! Well i think gihan is write abt the brakes cos one of his close freinds told me abt it too! Anyways racing a bike with only rear brakes is really dangerous cos other than down shifting u cant stop from the rear brakes & Yeh this is a bad incident mostly ppl kill there selves invane from bikes sum ride a ct 100 or pulsar and wen they come to a cbr dahh !! they feel the power even they dont know how to control it but AD eketa they go fast and endup in 10 feet Below ! what to do and even if drags stops it doesnt stop the killing and racing in a race track want solve the problem cos ppl Want the fame the High roller street racing life !! n showing off n stuff !! even i ride bikes at high speeds only at remote locations never go fast on roads ! answer for WEAVING --- hmmm eka add ekak ! i dnt knw wt u guys tink but this is ME

Bro dont take it personally thats how i think.. think what if somthing happens to you ? what will happen to your parents ? how sad will they be? how will all of us at AL would feel ? we dont want to loose you or any youth in this country

yes you have a point there, people realize everyting after someone loose a life,

i personally think that this thread should have never come up... at some point in time, everyone would have heard the story.

if this thread was to show some form of respect for the person who passed away, well that went away when you guys started bickering about how great subaru's and how dangerous bikes are. please stop talking nonsense and pointing fingers.

at some point in time we have all been there doing dumb shit in our lives and we all think that it will never happen to us. we drag on marine drive with lanes open. dragging at attidiya is just as dangerous but people still do it.

like someone said, dragging at gp is very dangerous. i always wonder what would happen if i get a flat while doing a run. i have a wall on one side and big trees on the other. i don't really want to think of how it will end up. the worse thing is the braking distance before the roundabout. it's not easy to stop in such short distance. this really isn't going to make much difference to anyone but the bike flew past the wrx at great speed towards the end. so you can judge the speed it was traveling...

what happened to this rider is very unfortunate. at the hospital I asked his friends why they didn't advice him to wear a helmet. they said they did but it wasn't meant to be.

prayers out to his family....

errr it's not always about how much one can spend on a car or a bike is it....

and when folks buy 1000cc+ bikes they are not dumb and the bikes aint shitty....

since you're a car guy you love that.... those who have been on two wheels and have gone through the mill knows to appreciate and respect bikes...

if everybody was the same and had the same tastes the world will truly be a shitty place mate...

so have some respect for folks who love bikes also... :)

I'm with u ripper. I like cars but I love bikes. Bike become a shit only when its raining :D

i personally think that this thread should have never come up... at some point in time, everyone would have heard the story.

if this thread was to show some form of respect for the person who passed away, well that went away when you guys started bickering about how great subaru's and how dangerous bikes are. please stop talking nonsense and pointing fingers.

at some point in time we have all been there doing dumb shit in our lives and we all think that it will never happen to us. we drag on marine drive with lanes open. dragging at attidiya is just as dangerous but people still do it.

like someone said, dragging at gp is very dangerous. i always wonder what would happen if i get a flat while doing a run. i have a wall on one side and big trees on the other. i don't really want to think of how it will end up. the worse thing is the braking distance before the roundabout. it's not easy to stop in such short distance. this really isn't going to make much difference to anyone but the bike flew past the wrx at great speed towards the end. so you can judge the speed it was traveling...

what happened to this rider is very unfortunate. at the hospital I asked his friends why they didn't advice him to wear a helmet. they said they did but it wasn't meant to be.

well said mate :(

u sure about front brakes part???

but that's just pure insanity if it's true cos as far as i know...it's nearly impossible to ride and ride fast without front brakes...

at least on offroad bikes that's the case...

a helmet of course would not protect you at very high speeds though you should never ever ride a bike without one...

I think it must have been that he ordered some new better brakes but still he must have had his old front brakes. Cause I don't think you will be able to ride at even 60km without the front brakes. IMHO there is no way he could have dragged it without front brakes.

Just think abt his 3 months year old baby and family, so sad, anyway as i know the pervious owner of this bike also crashed it and got injured, the sad part is this guy ride it witout any protection, also no front brakes :blink:

hey GFX this was da same guy who owned it....only last time a friend of his crashed it at GP

u sure about front brakes part???

but that's just pure insanity if it's true cos as far as i know...it's nearly impossible to ride and ride fast without front brakes...

at least on offroad bikes that's the case...

a helmet of course would not protect you at very high speeds though you should never ever ride a bike without one...

if its true dat he dint have front brakes. The front brakes on bikes r very essential. becoz even if u dont have rear brakes on a bike u have to have da front brakes.

Anyways what has happened has happened & da only people suffering from this will be his wife & little kid. :(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

+1 about this think its high time for the "illegal" street racing to be stopped and move towards a more controlled environment....anyone out there whos planning on starting up a drag strip or organizing sponsers for such a thing out there..interesting to see how the cops are going to react now after the crash...specialy for bikes

I'm with u ripper. I like cars but I love bikes. Bike become a shit only when its raining :D

oh well.... :D

i love to ride in the rain :) :)

not when i'm using the bike to commute but like in our bike trips...riding in the rain is heaps of fun :)

even when the water by pass two rain suits and gets into "core" body parts :lol:

once we road for over 2-3 hours in heavy downpour through yala.... crazy ass dangerous but loads of fun...

especially when you have to take shitty roads with knee deep puddles :)

but yeah...before getting the car, i used to hate rainy days cos getting to office was a major pain

This sort of rules might help

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations...g_burnouts.html

"The maximum court imposed fine for a burnout offence is $1,100 (up from $550)

The maximum court imposed fine for an aggravated burnout offence is $3,300 for a first offence (up from $770) and $3,300 and/or 9 months imprisonment for a second or subsequent offence. A 12-month automatic period of disqualification will also apply to the driver following conviction for the offence.

The maximum court imposed fine for a street racing offence is $3,300 (up from $2,200) for a first offence and $3,300 and/or 9 months imprisonment for a second or subsequent offence. A 12-month automatic period of disqualification will continue to apply to those convicted of this offence."

" Where the driver is also the registered operator of the vehicle

In cases where the driver is the registered operator, the vehicle may be clamped or impounded for a period of 3 months for a first offence. For a second or subsequent offence, the vehicle may be forfeited to the Crown and may be sold or released to the RTA for crash testing"

"

Crash testing by the RTA

Current laws already provide that the cars of repeat offenders may be forfeited to the Crown. Usually, those vehicles are sold and the money used to recover storage and collection costs. The new laws will allow certain forfeited vehicles to be released to the RTA for crash testing.

The RTA will use the unique tests to investigate the potential effects of certain modifications on overall crashworthiness and the wrecks of these vehicles will be displayed at education days for young drivers, or at other RTA presentations.

"

i agree with rippy on riding on rainy days its loads of fun specially when you ride through pot hole :angry-smiley-048: i think no need to lock horns on bikes and Subaru's even a maduruwa can be dangerous in the hands of a stupid wanabe racer ...... and he is not only risking his life but others who are watching imaging this guy who ride this bike crashed to a crowd who came to watch .... damn that would be headline news for the newspaper .... a genuine racer will always know his limits and of his machine and never cross the line cos he know it will always end in disaster <_<

Well said Fuzzo.

I also think talking of riding without front brakes/helmes, drag with wrx should stop by now as everything has happened by now.

What ever crazy things he do, he is much valueble to his family. Sad miss to hiss family.

well siad fuzzo..this thread should not go like this

RIP to the rider and my condolences to the family and friends.

Very unfortunate accident and some very bad choices were made if the rider decided to do any kind of riding without the front brakes since that's where you get nearly 100% of the braking on a hard emergency stop. Back brakes are useless in an emergency. Lack of helmet and other protective gear didn't help the situation much either.

Very sad.

My condolences to the family as well.

As a rider and as someone who has done some stupid shit in my time, I got to thinking......

Will this have ANY effect on the local drag scene at all?

As for the comments about lack of respect on this thread, I think(in my humble opinion) the highest respect we can give this person is to learn from his demise and ensure others do not follow in his wake.

once again my deepest sympathies to his family.

This is indeed an unfortunate incident... i know alot of you are my friends here that have commented but at the end of the day, a human life was taken for a very silly thrill... and for those of you that have said that finally bikers have learned a lesson all i can say is SHAME ON YOU... No life is worth being lost for ANYONE to learn a lesson... it could easily have been one of us in a subaru or evo and do you think this form of disrespect is what you deserve? Drag racing and street racing is indeed dangerous.. i have done it and so have many of you but to bring this low down level of shame upon yourselves when a human being has lost his life is disgraceful... i am a subaru owner and person that loves speed as well but when someone in a close knit community such as sri lanka has died we have to be humble and pray for the lives of those that this man has touched... whether he used a helmet or didnt have brakes is FAR from the point... pray for the man and his family and keep ur damn mouths shut... Rest in peace brother

thats the news goin on machan, at the night everyone saing the same story, and today i heard the brake repair kit have arrived yeseterday or today :o

Gihan .. u heard right about that. .. this guy was stupid enough to ride without proper brakes in front.

Another little piece of info, u guys probably didnt know was, that this Biker challenged the Subaru driver at BMICH during the motorshow. He even bragged about how he had entered for Katu this time to race the open event (Imagine that if truly did .. the club just accepted a novice on a 1000cc bike? wow )

I'm not connected to any of these bikers .. but I was there. I saw him issue the challenge.

The Subaru guy wasnt very interested at first & he even recommended that he should challenge a fellow biker in a safer environment like katu or pannala. But the Biker was motivated by his stupid friends around him to challenge the Subaru despite the advice given to him. One of his group tried to perform a little stunt show at BMICH and fell without a helmet. (Talk about lessons not being learnt). Even when they left the motor show, they were on a high, trying to challenge other bikers who were leaving the premises.

The next morning, I heard what went down at green path & considering what I saw & heard while I was at the motor show, I wasnt suprized.

If he had so much of an urge to challenge a fast machine, he should've waited for Katu & done so instead of listening to his friends there(since he claimed he had already entered).

SO SAD IT HAD TO END LIKE THIS FOR HIM

As someone here mentioned ... this indeed takes a big hit to the drags that have been happening for a while without issues ... and also takes a hit to the bikers who ride peacefully around town as well.

Gihan .. u heard right about that. .. this guy was stupid enough to ride without proper brakes in front.

Another little piece of info, u guys probably didnt know was, that this Biker challenged the Subaru driver at BMICH during the motorshow. He even bragged about how he had entered for Katu this time to race the open event (Imagine that if truly did .. the club just accepted a novice on a 1000cc bike? wow )

I'm not connected to any of these bikers .. but I was there. I saw him issue the challenge.

The Subaru guy wasnt very interested at first & he even recommended that he should challenge a fellow biker in a safer environment like katu or pannala. But the Biker was motivated by his stupid friends around him to challenge the Subaru despite the advice given to him. One of his group tried to perform a little stunt show at BMICH and fell without a helmet. (Talk about lessons not being learnt). Even when they left the motor show, they were on a high, trying to challenge other bikers who were leaving the premises.

The next morning, I heard what went down at green path & considering what I saw & heard while I was at the motor show, I wasnt suprized.

If he had so much of an urge to challenge a fast machine, he should've waited for Katu & done so instead of listening to his friends there(since he claimed he had already entered).

SO SAD IT HAD TO END LIKE THIS FOR HIM

As someone here mentioned ... this indeed takes a big hit to the drags that have been happening for a while without issues ... and also takes a hit to the bikers who ride peacefully around town as well.

OT

are you taking part in Katu this time around mate?

some nice pics you got there online :)