• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drags We'd Like To See...

nirudha

chang and DC5 (after it's recent mod)

ya..would love to know the results cos cnt be der to see 'em and also to see what chang's car can take more..honestly, just out of curiosity, whats so special about that car..nothing offensive here chang..i know that u've put in a type r engine..wat r the othet mods u've done..like exhausts, ECU and weight reduction stuff..?

cheers

:D

not sure if this idea will fly but anywayz... what i'd like to right now would be

1. Marks car vs. the silver Carina GT of Changs friend (not sure off the name - sorry!)

2. Dilans EG8 vs. Razali's EG8 or Sharmils EK3

anyone else?

Ok these are the drags that i would love to see happen...some are cars that drag and some are cars that wont ever be scene at a drag session...just my 'dream drags' if u could call it that....

1. Nigel's Civic Type-R (No NoS :D ) vs. D.De Silva's 2002 Civic Type-R

2. WRX STi 7 Spec C vs. Dinesh's Evolution 8

3. Jey's M3 vs. Dinesh's Evolution 9 GT

4. Nigel's WRX STi 7 vs. Ara's Ferrari 360 (although we do have a unofficial result :D:) )

5. Dilshan's STi 6 Type RA vs. Evolution 4 (Shaminda's Old Car)

6. Any WRX vs. Yohan's Silvia S-15

7. Clement's 300ZX TT vs. Blue 350Z

8. Prasanna's R32 GT-R vs. R33 GTST (Mufaz'z Old Car)

and of course the BIG one ....

Nigel's WRX STi 7 vs. Tharindhu's Toyota Supra .... :P:P:D

I Know most of these drags will never happen...but , hey , one can dream cant he.... :P

not sure if this idea will fly but anywayz... what i'd like to right now would be

1. Marks car vs. the silver Carina GT of Changs friend (not sure off the name - sorry!)

2. Dilans EG8 vs. Razali's EG8 or Sharmils EK3

anyone else?

Nirudha's Civic Vs Mark's GT :D

I must say, I am intrigued by this one. 3.0l TT vs 3.5l VVL ...... hmmmm. Both RWD. Hmmmm

Found this on the engines. Interesting. The ZX has more peak hp and torque, but I guess power-to-weight and turbo lag will be the questions.

VG30DETT

The 3.0 L (2960 cc) VG30DETT produces 280 hp and 283 ft.lbf when mated with a 4 speed automatic transmission. When used with a 5spd manual transmission, it was rated at 300hp and 283tq. It featured twin T25 turbochargers, twin intercoolers and variable valve timing.

It is used in the following vehicles:

* 1990–1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

* 1990–1999 Nissan Fairlady Z Twin Turbo

VQ35DE

The 3.5 L (3498 cc) VQ35DE is used in many modern Nissan vehicles. It adds variable valve timing and has a bore of 95.5 mm and stroke of 81.4 mm. Output ranges from 240 hp to 301 hp (179 to 225 kW) and 246 ft.lbf to 287 ft.lbf (334 to 390 Nm).

The VQ35DE is built in Iwaki, Japan and Decherd, TN. It was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 2002 through 2006, the only engine to be on Ward's list every year since it's inception.

The VQ35DE has an aluminum engine block and aluminum DOHC cylinder heads. It uses SFI fuel injection, has 4 valves per cylinder with VVT and features forged steel connecting rods, a one-piece cast camshaft, and Nissan's nylon intake manifold technology.

A modified version of the VQ35DE, called the S1 is produced by Nismo for the Fairlady Z S-Tune GT. It produces 300 ps or 285 hp (220 kW) at 7200rpm - a higher rev-limit than that of the original VQ35DE.

The VQ35DE is featured in the following vehicles:

* 2001-2004 Nissan Pathfinder (240 hp)

* 2002-2004 Nissan Maxima (255 hp)

* 2004- Nissan Maxima (265 hp)

* 2003-2006 Infiniti G35 (280 hp to 298 hp)

* Infiniti QX4 (240 hp)

* 2002-2004 Infiniti I35 (255 hp)

* 2003- Nissan 350Z (from 287 to 301 hp)

* Nismo Z S-Tune GT 295 hp (VQ35DE S1 engine)

* 2002- Nissan Skyline (V35) (280 hp)

* Nissan Stagea (M35) (272 hp)

* 2003- Nissan Teana

* 2003- Nissan Presage

* 2004- Nissan Fuga (280 hp)

* 2000- Nissan Elgrand (245 hp)

* 2002- Nissan Quest (240 hp)

* 2004- Nissan Murano (Z50) (245 hp)

* 2002 - 2006 Nissan Altima (from 250 to 260 hp)

* Infiniti FX35 (280 hp)

* Renault Espace (241 hp)

* Renault Vel Satis (241 hp)

hey..

i'm not that familair with civics.. but generally how much bhp dopes one of these modified civics put out?

just curious :huh:

for a SOHC 130-140 (what i heard from Zackie)

for the mighty DOHC's you may never know, but surely in the 200+ region

Ok these are the drags that i would love to see happen...some are cars that drag and some are cars that wont ever be scene at a drag session...just my 'dream drags' if u could call it that....

1. Nigel's Civic Type-R (No NoS :D ) vs. D.De Silva's 2002 Civic Type-R

4. Nigel's WRX STi 7 vs. Ara's Ferrari 360 (although we do have a unofficial result :D:D )

Nigel's WRX STi 7 vs. Tharindhu's Toyota Supra .... :D:D:D

I Know most of these drags will never happen...but , hey , one can dream cant he.... :P

machan as i remember nigel won this race.. not sure,, (nigel WRX STi 7 vs. Dinesh's Evolution 8) but i like to see a race between Dinesh's evo9 vs Ashans evo 3 :action-smiley-060:

machan as i remember nigel won this race.. not sure,, (nigel WRX STi 7 vs. Dinesh's Evolution 8) but i like to see a race between Dinesh's evo9 vs Ashans evo 3 :action-smiley-060:

well i dunno whether this drag is gonna happen or not..but both of them r taking part at fox hill in the same event..so lets wait and see..and also fox hill will be a different kind of challenge to nigel as well cos as far as i know he's not much familiar wit gravel tracks..but anyways good luck..

cheers guys..

well i dunno whether this drag is gonna happen or not..but both of them r taking part at fox hill in the same event..so lets wait and see..and also fox hill will be a different kind of challenge to nigel as well cos as far as i know he's not much familiar wit gravel tracks..but anyways good luck..

cheers guys..

bt machan i think he got some experience in uk. ( gravel ) anyway i think DD is better when it comes to track racing :action-smiley-060: good luck to all

cheers guys..

well nigel has been to bill gwinn rally school is uk and is pretty good on gravel, plus the subaru is a gravel car but then again the evo is faster. as for his private evo8 i dont know. Is it still stock?

1. Nigel's Civic Type-R (No NoS :action-smiley-060: ) vs. D.De Silva's 2002 Civic Type-R

4. Nigel's WRX STi 7 vs. Ara's Ferrari 360 (although we do have a unofficial result :D:D )

Nigel's WRX STi 7 vs. Tharindhu's Toyota Supra .... :D:D:D

I Know most of these drags will never happen...but , hey , one can dream cant he.... :D

Machan do you wanna give us your idea of the race results and why? (imaginary ofcourse)

1.Asuming they are stock and

2.With current mods....