• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Exi Low Fuel Consumption

Chris0628

Hi Everyone,

i have a EK3 - D15Z4 Engine with Automatic gear box.... but it does only around 7.5km/L in Colombo. I'm not a rough driver & we do not come across any traffic @ all (the route we take daily).

i have not modified it in any way..... is this normal ???

Hi Everyone,

i have a EK3 - D15Z4 Engine with Automatic gear box.... but it does only around 7.5km/L in Colombo. I'm not a rough driver & we do not come across any traffic @ all (the route we take daily).

i have not modified it in any way..... is this normal ???

Did u get a tuneup for for your machine ?

is it a vi or exi evn its auto shd do 10 easily..check ya plugs filter n plug wires n petrol filter specially..aft basics will see how it go..

is it a vi or exi evn its auto shd do 10 easily..check ya plugs filter n plug wires n petrol filter specially..aft basics will see how it go..

mine is a Exi....only thing i haven't changed are the plugs... vl try that & get back to u guys...Thanks

hi guys.... well i got my car checked, cleaned & tuned up by Zakie(tuned.....i.....chips..... ) .....he did a awesome job & now it's very smooth & accelerates very well, but the fuel consumption is still @ around 7.6 ....

Bro, i think u better do a PGM test cz it says how ur car and it's ECU perform and with the readings u can measure whether all the devices are working properly or not.

Jus take it to the Agent and Meet Dinanjaya who handles da Electronic Stuff and i should tell u he knows da stuff...plus Agent now have latest 2009 Software version to do the PGM. So u can check every single detail. Jus do that ...for a PGM test it cost u max 1800/- jus try and see.....den v'll see wot can be done next !

Bro, i think u better do a PGM test cz it says how ur car and it's ECU perform and with the readings u can measure whether all the devices are working properly or not.

Jus take it to the Agent and Meet Dinanjaya who handles da Electronic Stuff and i should tell u he knows da stuff...plus Agent now have latest 2009 Software version to do the PGM. So u can check every single detail. Jus do that ...for a PGM test it cost u max 1800/- jus try and see.....den v'll see wot can be done next !

Thanks dude... i'll do that & get back to you..... i was wondering if it could be the O2 sensor ???

hi guys.... well i got my car checked, cleaned & tuned up by Zakie(tuned.....i.....chips..... ) .....he did a awesome job & now it's very smooth & accelerates very well, but the fuel consumption is still @ around 7.6 ....

hey dude...can you please text me zackies contact details to 777-235603. thanks.

Hi guys..... well i got the car checked by the agent as well as another guy who only handles Honda... the engine is well tuned & you can see drops of water coming out of the exhaust.... but still it only does around 7.6km/l ..... one might think it's the way i drive...but i can assure you that i do not step on the gas & scream from one traffic light to the other :-)

any ideas ???

Hi guys..... well i got the car checked by the agent as well as another guy who only handles Honda... the engine is well tuned & you can see drops of water coming out of the exhaust.... but still it only does around 7.6km/l ..... one might think it's the way i drive...but i can assure you that i do not step on the gas & scream from one traffic light to the other :-)

any ideas ???

I think you should consult more Honda ppl and get it solved. 7.6Km is way below for en EK3. I did about 12.5Km p/l with AC on 75% of the time.

consult more ppl ???.. what do u suggest ???....

Well I am new to Honda and can't give you suggestions still. But I can see you tend to feel it's normal with your EK3. So what i feel is some thing wrong with the car, because no point of having EK3 with 7.6 p/l.

How long you have been using this car? What if there is some issue in engine and previous owner sold it?

may be if you ask racersedge he wil be able to give some good places to check it out

Well I am new to Honda and can't give you suggestions still. But I can see you tend to feel it's normal with your EK3. So what i feel is some thing wrong with the car, because no point of having EK3 with 7.6 p/l.

How long you have been using this car? What if there is some issue in engine and previous owner sold it?

may be if you ask racersedge he wil be able to give some good places to check it out

what are the normal figures with non V-Tec motor? and what are the figures for cars with V-Tec Motors? :unsure: since it's a Auto it could be a tranny problem.

Edited by Ruslan

i have used a EG8 before & i certainly don't think this is normal... that's why i have posted a question in this forum..... well the Agent did a full check & said the engine is ok...

i need more suggestions so that i can somehow try to pin point where the issue is....as Ruslan could be a tranny prob as well... but driving the car is very smooth....i haven't noticed any issues there...

what are the normal figures with non V-Tec motor? and what are the figures for cars with V-Tec Motors? :unsure: since it's a Auto it could be a tranny problem.

My VTEC does around 12.5 Kmp/l with moderate A/C use. But VTEC is not active still in normal run. Average rpm is around 1500 - 2200

So i guess figures wont be much different for Exi and Vi.

What petrol do you use. 90 or 95 octane?

any ideas ???

Did u have a PGM test by agents?

I have same trouble with my ES5 and tried with several places.Scan test says car is normal.I replaced the MAP sensor too for a test and nothing.But did not try the PMG test by agents .I also think the primary O2 sensor may be weak.But scan tool says it is ok.Still I like to replace the O2 sensor with a good one to confirm.

Did u have a PGM test by agents?

I have same trouble with my ES5 and tried with several places.Scan test says car is normal.I replaced the MAP sensor too for a test and nothing.But did not try the PMG test by agents .I also think the primary O2 sensor may be weak.But scan tool says it is ok.Still I like to replace the O2 sensor with a good one to confirm.

No i didn't do a PMG test... i was doing some research over the weekend and found a few articles stating the PCV Value might be blocked & a blocked PCV value can cause low fuel efficiency....any thoughts on that ?

Hi Guys,

i took the car to the agent & got them to plug in the computer diagnostics & check the system... The guy who checked it said the injectors are open for 3.45 - 3.50ms when idling. He said the max in my car has been set to 3.90 (when idling) & it's too high.

He also said that the proper range should be around 2.60 to 2.80ms (during idle) and that they cannot change it.

So how do i proceed now ?

Hi Guys,

i took the car to the agent & got them to plug in the computer diagnostics & check the system... The guy who checked it said the injectors are open for 3.45 - 3.50ms when idling. He said the max in my car has been set to 3.90 (when idling) & it's too high.

He also said that the proper range should be around 2.60 to 2.80ms (during idle) and that they cannot change it.

So how do i proceed now ?

If the agent knows the trouble I think they should have a definite solution.i cannot understand why they cannot change it.So do you have to replace injectors or reset Ecu?