• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What To Buy For 900k

mudi269

Question

Hi, :rolleyes:

i'm thinking of buying a car. My budget is 9ook. I want a car which is very good in fuel. Therefore i though of going for a used Maruti car ? Is it a good desision ? Else what are the cars i can think of ? According to my knowledge Maruti will do 14km/litre(in colombo, with AC), is it correct ?

Will anybody help me ?

Thanx in advance...

25 answers to this question

It may do that Much If u drive it economically.But consider about the size of it and its options before buying it.Could go for an EG8 for 900k.But its not fuel efficient as the maruti but U got power and more space if u buy it.

for 900k U will b able to buy a 2006 or 2007 Maruti.Try to get a Maruti with Low mileage.Maruti is Not a bad car to drive in the city..But its doesnt handle like a sedan and Their is only Little space inside.It can accommodate 4 people.U will have to do some mods Like adding alloys and Wide tires to make it Handle better..

And also U get a floating affect after 100kmph.It will have less maintanience than an Old Jap car which u can Buy for that price.It will B easy to Handle it in Traffic and in tight parking spots.Its AC is also fine.

But when u are travelling Long distances, you will find a lot of Big cars tryin to Tease u.Its Common in SL.If u Like something Sporty don't go for it.U can increase the output of it by Doing some Mods Like a Freeflow exhaust,Performance air filter,Wider trottle body ect.Buy this will b abt 30k+.So Its better to buy aSUBARU B3 or HONDA EG8 for that price if u want performance.But they will effect u r Pocket as well

Edited by Ek3

yup.Maruti is very light comparing to other cars.So u get a feeling as if its floating after u hit 100kmph.And also when its braked at speed lyk 90kmph u get a feeling as if the car is gonna go off the road.So if u Buy a Maruti,drive it at speeds below 100kmph since its good for u aswell as the car

And also U get a floating affect after 100kmph.It will have less maintanience than an Old Jap car which u can Buy for that price.It will B easy to Handle it in Traffic and in tight parking spots.Its AC is also fine.

But when u are travelling Long distances, you will find a lot of Big cars tryin to Tease u.Its Common in SL.If u Like something Sporty don't go for it.U can increase the output of it by Doing some Mods Like a Freeflow exhaust,Performance air filter,Wider trottle body ect.Buy this will b abt 30k+.So Its better to buy aSUBARU B3 or HONDA EG8 for that price if u want performance.But they will effect u r Pocket as well

ehem! AC is fine??? compared to what mate???

maruti has a crappy ac? you will barely feel it...same goes for the alto... and mind you i'm talking about brand new ones...and putting alloys and trying to get "performance" out of that car is a waste of money IMHO...

and about big cars teasing maruti's...

what's there to tease mate! a "big" car gains nothing by trying to "tease" a maruti or even any other smaller car for that matter...

from first hand experience i've noticed that some small car driver just love to hog the right most lane and wont give way for a faster travelling vehicle..

a polite tap on the horn and even a bit of headlight flashing wont get them to budge,,,

if you aint going fast, if another want to go faster...why the hell can't they move and give way...

is this what you call teasing???

like somebody else said... if economy is the ONLY thing in your mind, Maruti is a damn good car...

but i'm afraid that all you get...

no riding comfort, no leg space and little boot space, crappy AC, crappy safety...

but still some folks love them....

to each it's own :D

ehem! AC is fine??? compared to what mate???

maruti has a crappy ac? you will barely feel it...same goes for the alto... and mind you i'm talking about brand new ones...and putting alloys and trying to get "performance" out of that car is a waste of money IMHO...

and about big cars teasing maruti's...

what's there to tease mate! a "big" car gains nothing by trying to "tease" a maruti or even any other smaller car for that matter...

from first hand experience i've noticed that some small car driver just love to hog the right most lane and wont give way for a faster travelling vehicle..

a polite tap on the horn and even a bit of headlight flashing wont get them to budge,,,

if you aint going fast, if another want to go faster...why the hell can't they move and give way...

is this what you call teasing???

like somebody else said... if economy is the ONLY thing in your mind, Maruti is a damn good car...

but i'm afraid that all you get...

no riding comfort, no leg space and little boot space, crappy AC, crappy safety...

but still some folks love them....

to each it's own :D

Compared to an Old Jap car(some cars).Yup those Mods will give only a little boost.Not worth the money spent on them.Its not only cars.Specially buses.......ive seen many drivers tryinna overtake a small car even if its travellin at around 70-80km.

Edited by Ek3

Its better if u can expand u r Budget 2 abt 1.3m.U could buy a Honda EK3 (Ma personal preference)or some other JAP car for that price.But if FUEL EFFICIENCY is u r only concern go for a maruti

if i see another thread about marutis again i swear im going to do something violent :D

don't these people understand that even though the car is brand new its just something from the 80s? by buying one you end up with something that came from the era that gave us the corolla ke72 the the sunny b11 and the lancer "box" so don't be fooled by those fancy headlights and the plastic seat protecting. cars that are considered old, like the g100 charade k10 march are miles ahead of the maruti in every possible aspect. and they are just as economical. so the only plus point of a maruti is that its a brand new car. what kind of a plus point is that anyways? honestly i don't understand why cars need to be bought brand new when you can find a slightly used example for a lot less. and especially when you are in this segment of the market looking for a super-cheap runabout why bother going for something brand new when you can save quite a lot on a used car that is just as economical and outshines the maruti in every way?

basically if you ask me the cons of a maruti i'll say its the whole car itself <_<

Its better if u can expand u r Budget 2 abt 1.3m.U could buy a Honda EK3 (Ma personal preference)or some other JAP car for that price.But if FUEL EFFICIENCY is u r only concern go for a maruti

can you please stop saying "ma" instead of "my" its very unprofessional and somewhat irritating. thanks :)

if i see another thread about marutis again i swear im going to do something violent :D

don't these people understand that even though the car is brand new its just something from the 80s? by buying one you end up with something that came from the era that gave us the corolla ke72 the the sunny b11 and the lancer "box" so don't be fooled by those fancy headlights and the plastic seat protecting. cars that are considered old, like the g100 charade k10 march are miles ahead of the maruti in every possible aspect. and they are just as economical. so the only plus point of a maruti is that its a brand new car. what kind of a plus point is that anyways? honestly i don't understand why cars need to be bought brand new when you can find a slightly used example for a lot less. and especially when you are in this segment of the market looking for a super-cheap runabout why bother going for something brand new when you can save quite a lot on a used car that is just as economical and outshines the maruti in every way?

basically if you ask me the cons of a maruti i'll say its the whole car itself <_<

can you please stop saying "ma" instead of "my" its very unprofessional and somewhat irritating. thanks :)

i think maruti's are good for folks who knows nothing or at least very little about cars... cos they sorta feel "safe" buying a brand new car over something that's older and need a bit of attention from time to time depending on how it was looked after....

two of my friends bought alto's for this very same reason...

i think other than changing a tyre and the occasional radiator top up, they are clueless about cars...

so for people like that, an older car is a little too much of a hassle....

and for our friend EK3

If a small car is doing 70-80, and another is doing more than that be it a bus or tuk tuk, i don't see why the smaller car fella can't just give way to the faster vehicle...

i think there's a bit of an inferiority complex thing going on with some of the small car drivers for them to not give way to faster vehicles and want to hog the darn road...

maybe they feel upset to see after waiting forever to reach 70-80 another vehicle just comes and screams past them... :P

Edited by Ripper

if i see another thread about marutis again i swear im going to do something violent biggrin

what are u gonna do????????? :blum3:

Edited by Ek3

Mudi269

some folks are biased towards certain brands...quite natural but it's nor neceesarily the best bet for somebody else with different needs, likes and dislikes

I think for you, it's best that you read through the thread "YALA" had posted and make a call based on your particular needs...

and also, before settling on a model, do drive it around a bit to see if it fits your needs...

certain fuel efficient cars are not the best to drive around and be in for longer durations :D

Good Luck with your hunt! :)