• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mirigama Circuit.

shamitz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice!!! i see a nice aprilia RS250!!!!

the surface doesn't look too great though.... also the trees and one building seems to be too close to the track..

Edited by Ripper

nice!!! i see a nice aprilia RS250!!!!

if ur referring to the black bike in those lower pix ... its a cbr250 :) made to look almost like an aprilia ( the owner got this bright idea of fixing to 2stroke endpipes to it :D LOL)

if ur referring to the black bike in those lower pix ... its a cbr250 :) made to look almost like an aprilia ( the owner got this bright idea of fixing to 2stroke endpipes to it :D LOL)

crap...you serious??? that's just wrong mate :lol: :lol:

i almost bought an aprillia.... wish i had bought it though :(

damn nice bike and will do a figure 8 inside a dime :) and look sexy doing it :)

i think MD was looking at an Aprilia too...wonder wot happened..

crap...you serious??? that's just wrong mate :lol: :lol:

i almost bought an aprillia.... wish i had bought it though :(

damn nice bike and will do a figure 8 inside a dime :) and look sexy doing it :)

Surprizingly this guy found the cbr having more top-end power after installing those aprilia style endpipes :)

the surface doesn't look too great though.... also the trees and one building seems to be too close to the track..

Yeah even KLM visited this track a few weeks back & told me about the trees & the rocks being too close to the track & not having sufficient run-off areas too.

This weekend, the almost hairpin like corners still have mud which have come off the sides .. and its stuck to the tarmac like clay.. and also some sand patches here & there.

I rode this aprilia lookalike 250 on saturday .. was able to get a decent idea of the correct line around the track...

Then I went back on sunday with the R1 ... and man , there was nowhere that I could lay down the power .... no grip at all.. I was sliding all over.

I guess I'll have to wait until they clean the track completely to get some decent lap times around there.

I guess the cars wont have so much problems since they got 4 wheels :lol:

Yeah even KLM visited this track a few weeks back & told me about the trees & the rocks being too close to the track & not having sufficient run-off areas too.

This weekend, the almost hairpin like corners still have mud which have come off the sides .. and its stuck to the tarmac like clay.. and also some sand patches here & there.

I rode this aprilia lookalike 250 on saturday .. was able to get a decent idea of the correct line around the track...

Then I went back on sunday with the R1 ... and man , there was nowhere that I could lay down the power .... no grip at all.. I was sliding all over.

I guess I'll have to wait until they clean the track completely to get some decent lap times around there.

I guess the cars wont have so much problems since they got 4 wheels :lol:

yep...sliding aint fun...

i've had a few of those in the past and it just rips off your skin like crazy... especially since i do'nt have proper protective gear :(

i suppose the cbr got top end power from the 2 stroke pipes cos they are more free flowing than the typical cbr stock pipe

being mostly into offroadie stuff i'm no big fan of top end power... like the lower end of the spectrum :rolleyes:

looks promising shami...yeah we'll have to wait and see how it turns out...and looks like the negombo boys had good time...excellant!

i still have it with my buddy in mumbai machan...i bought it dirt cheap about a year ago hoping to bring it down because i had a oppertunity to bring something down...but after i got it i had second thoughts coz now i want to bring something more worthy and more powerful to make the most of the window of oppertunity i have...so now by friend uses it as a weekend runabout,but i told him to sell it then and there...so it wont be comin here...but atleast i get to say that i own an aprilia ne...LOL

yep...sliding aint fun...

i've had a few of those in the past and it just rips off your skin like crazy... especially since i do'nt have proper protective gear :(

i suppose the cbr got top end power from the 2 stroke pipes cos they are more free flowing than the typical cbr stock pipe

being mostly into offroadie stuff i'm no big fan of top end power... like the lower end of the spectrum :rolleyes:

Yup .. protective gear is important ...

U r spot on about the 2 stroke pipe mod on the cbr250. They r more free flowing. The engine lacked the bottom end & mid range grunt, but was very peaky. I guess when u do mods like that on smaller engines u lose out somewhere in performance as u gain somewhere else.

looks promising shami...yeah we'll have to wait and see how it turns out...and looks like the negombo boys had good time...excellant!

Yup .. I'm hoping they'll have the track swept & cleaned by next weekend :)

It was not only the negombo boys who had a good time :) .. the Colombo boys had a great time too !! :D

There r all getting ready for that time trial on the 23rd.

Lets meet up if u r free.

cheers.

so the event on the 23rd is confirmed?

I heard the timing event is on ...but only for smaller bikes & formula fords ..

some folks have expressed safety issues ..

Anyway .. these are all unconfirmed.. MRA can give us the confirmation.

I heard the timing event is on ...but only for smaller bikes & formula fords ..

some folks have expressed safety issues ..

Yup, heard that the run off areas were not deemed adequate?

Not been there yet, but potential looks superb.....

Yup, heard that the run off areas were not deemed adequate?

Not been there yet, but potential looks superb.....

Yup inadequate run off areas were definitely a concern.

could some tel me, where about mirigama, this track stiuated and when is this event ?

not far from mirigama town. turn to the road that leads to badalgama from mirigama town. pass the temple & ask anyone around. I am sorry I dont know the names of the roads there. :)

Still its in construction mode? Right ?

yes .. although the tarmac aspect of it is complete, the run-off areas & other basic facilities are still being done.

They are even planning to build a hotel & an amusement park in this same land. :)